why does the current line up need to wait on axl?

HisRoyalSweetness

why does the current line up need to wait on axl to start working on an album of their own? we all know axl wants to tinker with hours of chinese democracy outtakes. but if the new band really believes in their own ability to deliver a kick ass album, maybe they should take it upon themselves to do it? or at least to get the ball rolling. from what we've heard, axl's post HOF songwriting strategy is to have the band record music and send it to him to put vocals on later.

i know that ideally, a record label would front the costs for the band to record. but considering the present state of the industry and axl's reputation, that just ain't gonna happen. but since it's practically free to record tracks and put together really great demos, then why not just go ahead and record a stack of killer riffs, melodies and choruses on their own? they could bowl axl over and inspire him to get off his ass and record a bunch of new stuff -- real new stuff, not warmed over scraps from last decade's sessions.

plus, considering the legal bullshit axl would have to clear to get cd outtakes released, a new cd may be easier and quicker in the long run.

i think it'd be worth it to make the investment of time themselves, at least to get some kick ass demos put together. if they could write an album of songs released as gnr, they'd stand to make a good bit of money. the biggest flop in gnr's history would still be the biggest hit of their careers. and there's still the off chance that they could shock the world and turn out a genuine hit. it's not impossible.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

i think it'd be worth it to make the investment of time themselves, at least to get some kick ass demos put together. if they could write an album of songs released as gnr, they'd stand to make a good bit of money. the biggest flop in gnr's history would still be the biggest hit of their careers. and there's still the off chance that they could shock the world and turn out a genuine hit. it's not impossible.

DJ seems to be the one who thinks they are making an album, so maybe Axl is just paying him to come up with material.

Axl runs the show. It's not complicated.

I don't understand the complaining/criticism of continuing work on existing song ideas. wtf. So, because the lineup has changed, songs should be thrown away forever? That's fuckin ridiculous. Any self-respecting hardcore Guns n Roses fan wants to hear everything that was ever made by Guns. Or at least so I thought.

Edited by brainsaber

pretty sure they couldn't release anything guns n roses related without axl seal of approval. but sure if they wanna go record some stuff in the studio that may or may not make it to a record sure why not? would be kinda cool if they did to try to get the ball rolling like you said, but the main question is do they care about it or is it just a job to them? how would you like to go in on saturday and sunday for work and not get paid for it?

If they had a better option they would go there. That is the misnomer here. Some think they are stuck in a quagmire (giggety), but in all actuality, they can go so as they please. But my guess is that THIS is their best option. So to answer the op's question, cause they do not have the chops and or ability to do it themselves.

I don't think anyone here does not think Bumblefoot etc are not talented enough, but it takes more. And they may some day have a better option, but for now, quite simply, this is the est they can do. Axl makes an offer, and they accept.

And one more thing, why do people keep talking about record companies? I just bough a new stereo for the car, and it didn't even have a CD player. It is just blue tooth enabled. You don't even need a auxiliary jack anymore, its all wireless and digital. For 200 and change you can get a licence and put your shit on itunes, etc. I am sure Axl can afford the studio time. Record companies are for advertising and building a product. Axl is about as built as GNR is gonna get. Who buys CD's anymore?

In the end it's tracks like SOD, TWAT, Catcher, Madagascar, TIL that sound most GNR to me.

I think parts of scraped remind a lot of AFD as well, just not the intro.

Edited by Gunzen

All the tracks have another GNR song twisting inside them but on first listen SOD and TIL are like 90s era ballads. Sorry is basically Don't Cry played by Alice in Chains. Scraped is Out Ta Get Me played by The Prodigy. Shackler's is like Korn's Got the Life meets Double Talkin Locomotive.

Edited by wasted

Axl is a tricky mind and the y know it. He wants to delay as much as he can any release to hold This lazy life hes carrying. Like Bumble said theres 2 albums left to be released from Chinese Sessions, that comes first and duno if robins n buckets parts have been re recorded. After that, lets say 2014 CD II n 2018 the next CD III. That means anything new from this guys is gonna make dust on the shelve for a real while. Mo nees to hurry really for them. Very frustrated mice they are! I would!

Axl is a tricky mind and the y know it. He wants to delay as much as he can any release to hold This lazy life hes carrying. Like Bumble said theres 2 albums left to be released from Chinese Sessions, that comes first and duno if robins n buckets parts have been re recorded. After that, lets say 2014 CD II n 2018 the next CD III. That means anything new from this guys is gonna make dust on the shelve for a real while. No need to hurry. Seems like 22 tracks to launch already.

http://inthejungle.9.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=25526&hl=.

why does the current line up need to wait on axl to start working on an album of their own? we all know axl wants to tinker with hours of chinese democracy outtakes. but if the new band really believes in their own ability to deliver a kick ass album, maybe they should take it upon themselves to do it? or at least to get the ball rolling. from what we've heard, axl's post HOF songwriting strategy is to have the band record music and send it to him to put vocals on later.

Why do you think they are waiting for Axl? Bumblefoot talked about getting together with Tommy and Frank for working on music, Dizzy and Dj has been working together. It is obvious they do work on music without Axl. But there comes a time when they do need input form him.

Bumblefoot has been whining for years to "get in a room with the guys and create", first it sat alright with me but now it feels like he is thinking he isentitled to get paid the way he gets paid when they are on tour ie. a fucking lot. DJ feels like a studio cat to me so when he has time he is already laying down tracks on his own that he then flashes by Axl from time to time. The other guys I just don't know. Would really like to hear and see what happens when and if they ever try to put something together.

Am not holding my hopes up, though.

They should fucking stop with the "new album is a top priority" propaganda. It's gotten old.

It's put up or shut up time.

Edited by phaeryen

Bumblefoot has been whining for years to "get in a room with the guys and create", first it sat alright with me but now it feels like he is thinking he isentitled to get paid the way he gets paid when they are on tour ie. a fucking lot. DJ feels like a studio cat to me so when he has time he is already laying down tracks on his own that he then flashes by Axl from time to time. The other guys I just don't know. Would really like to hear and see what happens when and if they ever try to put something together.

Am not holding my hopes up, though.

They should fucking stop with the "new album is a top priority" propaganda. It's gotten old.

It's put up or shut up time.

There's no rush on Axl's part to work on it or have it out, but I'm hoping they have everything together and finished, then go to the record company with it. No more screening the songs and second guessing, trust the band on what makes it out of the room. I hope Paul, Izzy, Robin, Brain, Baz, Duff, and Del (and anyone else who wants to stop by their studio) to contribute words, singing & support to the next project, but put it all in the hands of the current lineup.

I think they can be a self-contained unit that can come up with a solid album.

I do think it's up to us to keep bringing it up with the band, the interviewers keep asking about new music even if it annoys them, but there's nothing they can do until he feels ready to bring the band in the studio.

if they actually have gone to the trouble to demo bunches of stuff, and yet axl would still prefer to tour the hits and fantasize about the outtakes from 15 years ago, then it certainly doesn't bode well for the current guys demos.

Or it could just mean that Axl wants to tour for a while....