Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

How many Buckethead CDs exist these days? Any good sites that provide detailed info on each of them?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• Supporters
  • 12,942 posts
  • 28-January 11

Buckethead was the best thing that happened to GNR after original band broke up!

qlq4.jpg

mcmurray

mcmurray

Senior

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • 04-June 07
He's appeared on close to 150 albums (see link below), over half of them could be classified as "solo" even though they're not officially listed as such.

http://en.wikipedia....ead_discography
ďThatís fucking it! Theyíve gone too far now. Iím joining the fucking army. They are not going to hit KFC, no fucking way! I canít record anymoreóIím joining the army! Now we really are at war!Ē - Buckethead

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • 12-August 12
Bucket will never come back again he`s obviously pissed at Axl for wasting his potential while being in the band he genuinely wanted to reinvent band`s sound help to establish it as New Guns N`Roses sad but true him and Axl are best contributors on Chinese Democracy by far wait I`m responding to BBA ?
Formerly known as Son of a gun

AlterL

AlterL

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • 06-October 12
I personally think that the Bucket/Axl relationship was the best thing that ever happened in GN'R's history but I would have never seen it working having two people of this size in the same band, I mean Buckethead: His not a guitar hero, he's the guitars god, he's from the kind who likes to realese music atleast once a year, and experiments with almost anything, just like Axl
Axl: the crazy men from Rock N' Roll, the one who's seen by many as a lunatic or a genius and the one who keeps everybody waiting for him
Both of them couldn't handle each other for that much time, I'm surprised that Buckethead even lasted 4 years with Guns, but IF they where able to work together under some kind of agreement with eachother, I'm sure we would have the best album from Guns N' Roses, and maybe (and just maybe) the best album from both of them

ColdHeartBreaker

ColdHeartBreaker

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts
  • 16-September 09

Bucket will never come back again he`s obviously pissed at Axl for wasting his potential while being in the band he genuinely wanted to reinvent band`s sound help to establish it as New Guns N`Roses sad but true him and Axl are best contributors on Chinese Democracy by far wait I`m responding to BBA ?

I fully agree with the bold - but you think Bucket thought that highly of the band and wanted to strive to those levels?

Bucket just does his thing.
 "What I really meant was that the sound of the guitar is very happy. "

Bruno P.

Bruno P.

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts
  • 10-October 07

he's from the kind who likes to realese music atleast once a year, and experiments with almost anything, just like Axl

Axl doesn't experiment with almost anything at all. He's stuck in the hard rock/industrial genres since he formed GnR.

As for the rest of you - Bucket is NOT a band guy. He's a duo, maybe a trio guy. The reports saying that he thought it was the Bucket & Axl show kind of proved us that.

y4oz.jpg

Roush

Roush

GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts
  • 11-May 11
Bucket is awesome.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
- C.S. Lewis

#free_diceman

Bruno P.

Bruno P.

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts
  • 10-October 07
Yes, he is :)

That is scary to even think about it.

y4oz.jpg

PappyTron

PappyTron

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,930 posts
  • 16-May 07
You know, Shawn Lane sounded like such a nice guy in that video. R.I.P

"I actually had one cute hat, and it blew off at the CVS parking lot. And this whole car full of black kids ran over it, for no reason. AND THEY SAW IT! THEY SAW IT!"

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,410 posts
  • 09-March 08
http://rateyourmusic...tist/buckethead

shallan_zps2f2c7265.jpg

“Ah, the outdoors,' Shallan said. 'I visited that mythical place once.” 

Bruno P.

Bruno P.

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts
  • 10-October 07

People that knew him described the dude as a really nice guy. Timid guy as well.

He's got a quite sad life story as well.

http://www.fogmagazi...-of-shawn-lane/

This part is interesting...

Moving toward a fusion sound would give Lane the opportunity to spread his wings, fly over uncharted musical waters and further pique his creativity. However, it would further distance himself from widespread acclaim and acceptance. Like all great thinkers, Lane’s focus was always on the quality of the final product, not on its broad acceptance, so this evolution was not something Lane would regret. His musical vision would always come first.

Even if he's not as known as some of the greats, people that mattered knew him...

"I feel very lucky for the Few moments i got to spend with him and they are very special memories. He was by far the greatest guitar player that ever lived. More importantly, he was a great man."

So yes, commercial success does not mean anything. At all. I just wish these retards on these GnR boards could understand this simple concept. Commercial music is meant to sell first, quality comes after that. Quality music is meant to be appreciated - by those who matter.

Edited by Bruno Poeys, 28 December 2012 - 10:17 AM.

y4oz.jpg

Russel Nash

Russel Nash

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • 04-January 12

People that knew him described the dude as a really nice guy. Timid guy as well.

He's got a quite sad life story as well.

http://www.fogmagazi...-of-shawn-lane/

This part is interesting...

Moving toward a fusion sound would give Lane the opportunity to spread his wings, fly over uncharted musical waters and further pique his creativity. However, it would further distance himself from widespread acclaim and acceptance. Like all great thinkers, Lane’s focus was always on the quality of the final product, not on its broad acceptance, so this evolution was not something Lane would regret. His musical vision would always come first.

Even if he's not as known as some of the greats, people that mattered knew him...

"I feel very lucky for the Few moments i got to spend with him and they are very special memories. He was by far the greatest guitar player that ever lived. More importantly, he was a great man."

So yes, commercial success does not mean anything. At all. I just wish these retards on these GnR boards could understand this simple concept. Commercial music is meant to sell first, quality comes after that. Quality music is meant to be appreciated - by those who matter.

Great post man

"What good can come from comfort? It's not goin' be art." ~Jack White

magisme

magisme

All Trickery

• Supporters
  • 7,547 posts
  • 04-January 12

Just started listening to Bucket's solo stuff. Feel like a kid at Christmas. This guy is mindblowing.

Edited by magisme, 11 March 2013 - 07:46 PM.

For a terrorist, Amir really is a good looking guy

He can blow up my p**** any time

*KABOOM!*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users