The Linguini Occurrence

Deep Purple should be in, but they were close. I was happy they were even in the running this year, and doubt they'll drop off the list. It all comes down to how everyone voted this year.

Blackmore will prob. snub the Rock Hall anyway. Just the comments Candice Night was making about Axl snubbing the Rock Hall, but he's one of those weird dudes that'll just go at the last minute, if they're not touring. I could see Blackmore's Night on the road thousands of miles away anyway.

About fucking time for Rush!!!

Again, singer/songwriter should be a separate category, don't agree with Randy Newman's induction as performer.

because it's the hall of FAME

metallica is more famous than those bands

fame doesnt have anyting to do with it bacardi if that is true why has it taken rush so long to get in? or how about deep purple.

"One of the Foundation’s many functions is to recognize the contributions of those who have had a significant impact on the evolution, development and perpetuation of rock and roll by inducting them into the Hall of Fame"

maiden,purple, priest have done that and were doing it before metallica. megadeth and slayer should also get in if metallica gets in

the thing about metallica is, they're probably getting in based mainly on the black album, as it was their most commercially successful album. Megadeth and Slayer (especially) never really did anything like that. I do agree that Maiden, Purple and Priest should be in though.

i can see that. if metallica continued to release ride the lightning style stuff they are probably sitting in the same boat as slayer and megadeth( who i think will get in one day)

it just really pisses me off with purple,maiden,priest,

but really sent me over the edge when it comes to the hall is how dio doesnt get in with sabbath yet sorum and dizzy get in with gnr.

but really sent me over the edge when it comes to the hall is how dio doesnt get in with sabbath yet sorum and dizzy get in with gnr.

seriously? what the fuck is that.

yeah it is crazy but yet robert trujillo got in with metallica and sammy hagar got in with van halen.

yeah it is crazy but yet robert trujillo got in with metallica and sammy hagar got in with van halen.

Fair call on Hagar. He definitely deserved it even though I'm not a fan of Van Hagar. It should have been Mustaine instead of Trujillo at the time. Trujillo hadn't even been on a Metallica album whereas at least Mustaine performed and wrote a whole album and then some (RTL, Ktulu)

Oh and Randy Newman - LOL

Public Enemy - always found them to be the boring rap group out of the big ones compared to NWA, Beasties and Run DMC.

Fair call on Hagar. He definitely deserved it even though I'm not a fan of Van Hagar. It should have been Mustaine instead of Trujillo at the time. Trujillo hadn't even been on a Metallica album whereas at least Mustaine performed and wrote a whole album and then some (RTL, Ktulu)

Oh and Randy Newman - LOL

Public Enemy - always found them to be the boring rap group out of the big ones compared to NWA, Beasties and Run DMC.

yeah i agree about mustaine and sammy. i know we are probably in the minority about dave though :lol:

the thing about metallica is, they're probably getting in based mainly on the black album, as it was their most commercially successful album. Megadeth and Slayer (especially) never really did anything like that. I do agree that Maiden, Purple and Priest should be in though.

i can see that. if metallica continued to release ride the lightning style stuff they are probably sitting in the same boat as slayer and megadeth( who i think will get in one day)

it just really pisses me off with purple,maiden,priest,

Tony Martin should've been inducted. A decade with Black Sabbath and no recognition.