Should they reboot the Indiana Jones Franchise?

Georgy Zhukov

New actor, new director, new writer, start fresh with an origin story and with the blessing of George Lucas and Steven Spielberg.

It worked well for Batman, James Bond, Star Trek, Spider-Man and hopefully Superman. Why not Indiana Jones?

Discuss.

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

I want to see Shia LaBeouf fall into a pit of cobras. Not in a movie, for real.

That'd get my money!

On second thought, if the option is between a reboot/rebooted series or sequels with Shia LaBeouf, I'd pick the reboot.

Crystal Skull proved that Spielberg and Lucas forgot how to make a good Indiana Jones movie.

Actually they made Temple of Doom so I don't think they even knew how, just winged it.

I want to see Shia LaBeouf fall into a pit of cobras. Not in a movie, for real.

That'd get my money!

On second thought, if the option is between a reboot/rebooted series or sequels with Shia LaBeouf, I'd pick the reboot.

Crystal Skull proved that Spielberg and Lucas forgot how to make a good Indiana Jones movie.

Actually they made Temple of Doom so I don't think they even knew how, just winged it.

I think Crystal Skull would have been better without Shia. The alien thing really didn't bother me as much as everyone else.

Temple of Doom was actually my favorite as a kid. Last Crusade is my favorite now. I think he just does better against Nazis.

Edited by luciusfunk

Regardless, if there's money to be made, it will happen.

More likely just more sequels.

I'd like to see George Lucas or anyone, really, make a decent Howard the Duck. I'm not even sure if it's possible. I loved that movie as a kid, though.

There are things to love about Howard the Duck as an adult.

993ad9ce_htf_imgcache_39498.jpeg

I'd like to see George Lucas or anyone, really, make a decent Howard the Duck. I'm not even sure if it's possible. I loved that movie as a kid, though.

:lol:

She's ready to mate.

I think 'remakes' and 'reboots' should be outlawed completely. There's too much money being wasted recreating shit that already exists and the remake versions of everything are WORSE than the original, every time! Force Hollywood to inject money into original material. Some (or most) will be stinkers but if every now and again we get a gem, then it's worth it.

For fuck's sake no. Leave well enough alone.

I mean for all of the universal shit I hear about remakes and reboots and nobody liking them then why are there so many being made? Somebody has got to be spending money watching them or else the continuous glut of these films would not be financial and these remakes/reboots would stop.