How come NWA wasn't picked for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? That's some fucking bullshit!

Randy Lahey

True.

Not surprised though.

Jann Wenner is a cunt.

It's like not inducting the Rolling Stones or The Beatles in their first year of eligibility. I love Public Enemy too, but they're not as important or as good as NWA.

Edited by Randy Lahey

How come NWA wasn't picked for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? That's some fucking bullshit! I love Public Enemy too, but there's no way they should get in before NWA. And same with the rock acts that were inducted.

How come NWA wasn't picked for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? That's some fucking bullshit! I love Public Enemy too, but there's no way they should get in before NWA. And same with the rock acts that were inducted.

I agree.

NWA only had one album (hooray for tolerance!z4life = no Cube = not NWA) but what an influential album. I mean think about it not only did they influence the scene, they took the focus from the East Coast to West, Dre, Eazy and Cube all became big, Dre founded Death Row and signed Snoop and Eminem.

I mean I know some of that stuff is outside the group but it sure wouldn't have happened if NWA didn't make it.

NWA only had one album (hooray for tolerance!z4life = no Cube = not NWA) but what an influential album. I mean think about it not only did they influence the scene, they took the focus from the East Coast to West, Dre, Eazy and Cube all became big, Dre founded Death Row and signed Snoop and Eminem.

I mean I know some of that stuff is outside the group but it sure wouldn't have happened if NWA didn't make it.

3 albums, 1 EP. I count "Eazy Doez It" as an NWA album because all of NWA was involved, "NWA and The Posse" is a compilation and can argue it's not an NWA album.

You're going into the argument on why Dre should be in the Rock Hall, and no one can dispute that.

NWA should be in Hip Hop Hall of Fame

This. So this. And that's it.

If anyone needed proof that Hip Hop is not Rock all they had to do is watch the 12.12.12 show last night and how out of place Kanye West was in that concert. After the Who's amazing set it was like someone let the air out of the balloon when Kanye came on.............

Guest Len B'stard

It is a terrible disservice and effectively a neutering of everything NWA were about to put em in the HOF.

You saying punks dont sell out? Everyones gotta suck the big corporate dick and get all that cash jizzed on they face at one point homes.

I didn't even mention punks :lol: