Anyone else fucking tired of superhero movies?

arnold layne

Do you know what pisses me off? Superhero movies.

If you enjoy them, you're simple minded. End of discussion. Not only are they unoriginal, they are boring, predictable, unimaginable and unrealistic. They provide no entertainment value.

Like Batman. Christian Bale sounds like he's choking on a bunch of dicks when he talks. What's up with that? And now Nolan is making a Superman movie too? What the hell.

Now directors won't bother making any good or creative movies because they know a bunch if braindead idiots will spend money to watch this shit instead.

Fuck you Nolan, scumbag fuck.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah, but if I wasn't into comic books and super hero cartoons n shit when I was younger I probably wouldn't care much for them. I think some of them are really good, (batman, spiderman, iron man) and some of them blow totall ass (the incredible hulk, the superman movie that had kevin spacey in it, thor)

If you enjoy them you're simple minded? pff okay man, apparently everything enjoyable has to be extremely deep and complex. no wonder you're such a miserable bastard

Clearly it's not your thing, but there definitely is a fanbase for them, how do you let it actually "annoy" you? :huh:

Edited by sweetness

Don't like them. Never have. Never will.

However I think it's a bit extreme to say that no directors will now bother to make any good or creative films. Look outside of the US, there are plenty of quality directors making interesting films that beat any of that superhero shit hands down. Get used to subtitles and a whole new world will open up to you.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I could not agree more, Arnold! They're all really tacky and boring. I thought the first X-Men film was okay, but that was just because it was nostalgia. They're all shit!

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Maybe he's wondering why you would kill a man...

*shoot

Before throwing him out of a plane...

The Nolan trilogy (particularly DK with Heath) is an amazing bit of filmography. Revolutionized the mundane approach to super heros and shattered the imagery of Batman as an invincible, emotionally uninvolved vigilante. I can't wait to see Nolan apply his genius to the Superman concept, he'll totally reinvent that franchise as well.

Batman 1 and 2 (Burton and Nolan), Spiderman 1 and 2, Blade 1 and 2, X Men 1 and 2, Superman 1 and 2 were all great movies. Don't know what it is about superhero threequels that makes them all shit. :lol: On top of that Thor, Avengers, Iron Man, Dark Man, The Crow, Hulk, Watchmen and Kick-Ass were all a lot of fun. I even have a soft spot for Spawn. :lol: I think that if you don't enjoy at least some of these movies you take yourself far too seriously. :shrugs:

The Nolan trilogy (particularly DK with Heath) is an amazing bit of filmography. Revolutionized the mundane approach to super heros and shattered the imagery of Batman as an invincible, emotionally uninvolved vigilante. I can't wait to see Nolan apply his genius to the Superman concept, he'll totally reinvent that franchise as well.

I honestly think that DKR was a pile of shit. The other two were great but that movie was wank. :shrugs:

I think they are a lot of fun and I am glad filmmakers have learned to respect superheroes to make decent adaptations. I am not a comic book reader but it would be a great time to be one and have all these movies come out. That said I got a kick out of Nolan's The Dark Knight trilogy, Iron Man, and I look forward to Man of Steel. I liked the first two Spider-Man's but they now look silly compared to Batman and Iron Man.

Haven't seen The Avengers though.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I honestly think that DKR was a pile of shit. The other two were great but that movie was wank. :shrugs:

I watched it again yesterday after buying the DVD release and have to say post-overwhelming hype of the initial release there are a lot of really lazy grey areas in the film.

I adore Tom Hardy's portrayal of Bane and Anne Hathaway in that catsuit and the concept of a humanistic meditated terror network gripping Gotham City; but how Bane was able to travel outside the terrorzone to place Wayne in that prison, Wayne's cringey escape, the ambiguity regarding the essentially paedophilic affection of Bane for Talia when in reality their bond dates back to her childhood, and ultimately his survival of an atomic bomb in trying to salvage Gotham were all highly questionable plot elements. Truthfully its the most ineffective finale to a series ever as it raises more questions than it answers. I think Nolan has to be intent on an expansion.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR