Anyone else fucking tired of superhero movies?

arnold layne

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been into Batman much, and the movies make it even worse. They all seem the same, a brooding rich guy with issues who dresses as his worst fear and even as that "super hero" still has issues with himself and always seems to play victim card.

On a different note, I haven't been to the movies to see a decent movie in years upon years, (I saw Dark Knight only because of Heath), I'll see a commercial for a good flick but not have the heart to actually spend money and time in going to the theater to watch it :shrugs:

I hope Iron Man 3 is better than 2. 2 sucked ass

Hmm...I liked Iron Man 2. Maybe not as much as the first, but...

I guess I was disappointed because they talked about making the films darker and Tony's alcoholism but they just made it into a buddy action flick.

Really? I never heard anything like that.

I hope Iron Man 3 is better than 2. 2 sucked ass

Hmm...I liked Iron Man 2. Maybe not as much as the first, but...

I guess I was disappointed because they talked about making the films darker and Tony's alcoholism but they just made it into a buddy action flick.

Really? I never heard anything like that.

I think it was Stan Lee who said it. Tony Stark in the comics apparently had alcohol issues which almost parrelels Robert Downey Jr's real life past problems.

He left it open for other directors to take up the mantle. But it is hard to see a Batman without Bruce Wayne unless they do a Beyond.

I hope they just leave Batman alone for a long time! Nolan's trilogy was done right. And their should be no continuation of Nolan's batman films. They should start fresh, but way later. Make us fans miss seeing Batman on the big screen.

He left it open for other directors to take up the mantle. But it is hard to see a Batman without Bruce Wayne unless they do a Beyond.

I hope they just leave Batman alone for a long time!

Me. Too.

Nolan's trilogy was done right.

No it was awful.

And their should be no continuation of Nolan's batman films.

Definitely.

They should start fresh, but way later.

No. No. No. No. No. No.

I hope they just leave Batman alone for a long time! Nolan's trilogy was done right. And their should be no continuation of Nolan's batman films. They should start fresh, but way later. Make us fans miss seeing Batman on the big screen.

At least ten years. The Amazing Spider-Man was too soon.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

For further Batman movies. But I think Nolan will take personal responsibility for the Justice League, post-Man of Steel. You could see Gordon-Levitt provisionally take over the role of Batman, whilst Wayne remains in exile. I don't think a Beyond is plausible with Robin, after all there's a Terry McGinnis to introduce there if necessary.

So...another reboot?

I normally can't stand superhero movies, big cgi movies and the like, because the characters, script and delivery is usually pretty embaressing. But I loved the dark knight trilogy. Even despite some appalling one liners (Anne Hathaway I am looking at you, atleast you have your looks), they were big thrillers with good plots.

Feautured some of my favourite actors as well, gary oldman especially was great.

So...another reboot?

We can have Christian Bale play an older Bruce Wayne training the new guy after Robin gets killed.

At least ten years. The Amazing Spider-Man was too soon.

Sony had to release The Amazing Spider-Man or lose the rights to the character. That's the deal they have with Marvel. Same reason Fox are shitting out X-Men films every couple of years.

Guest Len B'stard

Yes they are a load of fuckin' shit as i've been saying since forever, i'm glad someone fuckin' finally agrees. I mean, all else besides, it's just the same tired old fuckin' story re-dressed over and over and over and over and over again. "But it's different this time". "oh really, how?" "well it's darker!". Someone put me to fuckin' bed, it's darker there as well :rolleyes: