Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Nirvana reuniting tonight, the lead singer will be ...

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

The Linguini Occurrence

The Linguini Occurrence

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,779 posts
  • 01-October 11
Paul McCartney????

I'm not making this up folks:

http://www.huffingto...nk2&pLid=244627

If a curious report from the Sun is to be believed, Sir Paul McCartney will front a Nirvana reunion with Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic at Wednesday's massive 12-12-12 benefit concert.

The event is set to take place at Madison Square Garden and will benefit Hurricane Sandy victims (a live stream of the concert will be available on HuffPost Entertainment). McCartney would reportedly take the place of the late Kurt Cobain.

“I didn’t really know who they were," the Beatle said of being in the studio with Grohl and Novoselic. "They are saying how good it is to be back together. I said ‘Whoa? You guys haven’t played together for all that time? And somebody whispered to me ‘That’s Nirvana. You’re Kurt.’ I couldn’t believe it.”

The 12-12-12 benefit concert features an impressive line-up, including Bon Jovi, Eric Clapton, Dave Grohl, Billy Joel, Alicia Keys, Chris Martin, The Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, Eddie Vedder, Roger Waters, Kanye West, The Who and, of course, McCartney.
The Huffington Post reached organizers of the 12-12-12 event and McCartney's representatives, both of whom declined to confirm details and advised viewers to tune in and see for themselves.

Dexter likes this

ErinHeidi_zps257237e3.jpg

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*
  • Guests
  • --
Yeah, I read this earlier as well. I suppose it doesn't matter that it was a terrible choice, it's for charity after all, so whatever brings the money, I suppose.

Kill Devil Hill

Kill Devil Hill

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • 14-July 11
Nirvana stans are flipping out about this on other sites, and I don't get why. They're not playing Nirvana songs; it's just Krist, Dave, and Paul performing together.

In regards to Slash, I read a desperate fan's message about, what if one of us were to die and looking back I had the possibility of a reunion now, blah blah blah. And my thoughts are, "Yeah, and while you're at the show your baby accidentally kicks a candle and burns your house down, killing himself and the rest of your family."

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,885 posts
  • 09-March 08

Nirvana stans are flipping out about this on other sites, and I don't get why. They're not playing Nirvana songs; it's just Krist, Dave, and Paul performing together.

they are easily amused :P

insomnium_zps2978907e.jpg

"We're nothing more than shadows

Glimmers of hope against the black sky"

Randy Lahey

Randy Lahey

FRONTMAN

• Returned
  • 15,646 posts
  • 29-June 06
Kurt Cobain was Nirvana. I wish he'd lived to fire that idiot bass player who hit himself in the head with his own bass.
Posted Image
Welcome To The Jungle of Smooth Flamenco Beatz
Dre Day will make Axl's payday.

Chewbacca

Chewbacca

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,405 posts
  • 23-December 10

Kurt Cobain was Nirvana. I wish he'd lived to fire that idiot bass player who hit himself in the head with his own bass.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

I'M HALF THE MAN I USED TO BE  25jhz46.gif THIS I FEEL AS THE DAWN IT FADES TO GRAY

Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth

Commander Awesome

• SILVER
  • 9,091 posts
  • 13-February 06
Bright side is that it can't suck any worse than the actual Nirvana did. :shrugs:
:shrugs:

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,885 posts
  • 09-March 08

Bright side is that it can't suck any worse than the actual Nirvana did. :shrugs:

very true.

insomnium_zps2978907e.jpg

"We're nothing more than shadows

Glimmers of hope against the black sky"

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Members
  • 6,745 posts
  • 28-April 11

very true.

+1.

I don't know how it's gonna sound but I doubt Paul McCartney's worst performance could be as bad as Kurt's average (to say at least).

Logo_zpsb06a0514.png

Kill Devil Hill

Kill Devil Hill

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • 14-July 11
Haters gonna hate. I'll just leave this here for people who think Kurt was a poor vocalist.

In regards to Slash, I read a desperate fan's message about, what if one of us were to die and looking back I had the possibility of a reunion now, blah blah blah. And my thoughts are, "Yeah, and while you're at the show your baby accidentally kicks a candle and burns your house down, killing himself and the rest of your family."

Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth

Commander Awesome

• SILVER
  • 9,091 posts
  • 13-February 06

Haters gonna hate. I'll just leave this here for people who think Kurt was a poor vocalist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IN12d8RFMQ

Thanks for the confirmation. :thumbsup:.

Georgy Zhukov

Georgy Zhukov

Marshal of the Soviet Union

• SILVER
  • 16,184 posts
  • 13-August 11
They should bring back Kurt Cobain. Too bad he lost his head voice.

Kill Devil Hill

Kill Devil Hill

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • 14-July 11

Thanks for the confirmation. :thumbsup:.

You didn't even watch the video, but nice try. :thumbsup:

Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth

Commander Awesome

• SILVER
  • 9,091 posts
  • 13-February 06

You didn't even watch the video, but nice try. :thumbsup:

I tried, but it just kept sucking.

Kill Devil Hill

Kill Devil Hill

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • 14-July 11
6:40 video posted. A reply two minutes after. Yes, you certainly tried.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users