Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Nirvana reuniting tonight, the lead singer will be ...

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Rovim

Rovim

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,694 posts
  • 28-March 04
I like the new song Paul played with them. I want to hear an album.

Got my ticket to the rollercoaster of destruction. It's never too late to ride. B-)

Andrew07

Andrew07

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,268 posts
  • 20-February 07
i liked how heavy the song was, i hear there releasing a version of it on the sound city soundtrack, looking forward to hearing it again
wounds heals all time

Guest_Len B'stard_*

Guest_Len B'stard_*
  • Guests
  • --
But it ain't Nirvana reuniting, is it? It's Dave and Krist playing together, there's a HUGE difference, they are not restarting the band Nirvana with Paul McCartney as the lead singer, they're just doing something for charity.

The Linguini Occurrence

The Linguini Occurrence

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 6,775 posts
  • 01-October 11

But it ain't Nirvana reuniting, is it? It's Dave and Krist playing together, there's a HUGE difference, they are not restarting the band Nirvana with Paul McCartney as the lead singer, they're just doing something for charity.

Any time people get back together, it's a reunion even if it's just for one night. Ever been to a high school reunion? One night, that's it.

I'm not a big Nirvana fan, but I enjoyed it.

Dexter likes this

ErinHeidi_zps257237e3.jpg

Guest_Len B'stard_*

Guest_Len B'stard_*
  • Guests
  • --

Any time people get back together, it's a reunion even if it's just for one night. Ever been to a high school reunion? One night, that's it.

Right but it's not the band Nirvana, it's Krist Novoselic and Grohl playing together. It's sort of like saying everytime Paul and Ringo meet up or play on something together it's a Beatles reunion...but it's not, is it? The band isn't being reformed in either instances. I'm not saying this as a dig at you for making the topic, more to Nirvana fans getting pissy about it as KDH was mentioning.

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 30,717 posts
  • 03-April 03

Nirvana fans getting pissy about it as KDH was mentioning.

which is too bad because that'll make Dave and Kris not do it again

“To the ones who are negative and want to see either myself or the new band fall on their faces, personally I can’t pass up an opportunity to upset so many of them in one quick swoop. I get misty-eyed just thinking about it."

The Linguini Occurrence

The Linguini Occurrence

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 6,775 posts
  • 01-October 11

Right but it's not the band Nirvana, it's Krist Novoselic and Grohl playing together. It's sort of like saying everytime Paul and Ringo meet up or play on something together it's a Beatles reunion...but it's not, is it? The band isn't being reformed in either instances. I'm not saying this as a dig at you for making the topic, more to Nirvana fans getting pissy about it as KDH was mentioning.

I understand your position, no offense taken. I think what you're saying is the entire band would have to be there for it to be reunion, but that's not the actual definition of a reunion. The actual definition is a "gathering of members of a certain group that haven't seen each other in a while". The definition doesn't indicate the entire original group must be there. If the entire original group was required, then there would virtually never be any class reunions because there's always people who have died, can't attend or don't want to attend.

Dexter likes this

ErinHeidi_zps257237e3.jpg

LiveFromNormal

LiveFromNormal

SUPER GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts
  • 05-March 07

I understand your position, no offense taken. I think what you're saying is the entire band would have to be there for it to be reunion, but that's not the actual definition of a reunion. The actual definition is a "gathering of members of a certain group that haven't seen each other in a while". The definition doesn't indicate the entire original group must be there. If the entire original group was required, then there would virtually never be any class reunions because there's always people who have died, can't attend or don't want to attend.

A class reunion and a band reunion or not neccisarily the same thing, simply because a class and a band are not the same thing.

The thread title should be 'Surviving Nirvana members reunite to play with Paul McCartny'.

Nirvana, the band, can not be reunited because 33.33% of it is missing.

The King of Carrot Flowers
Formerly known as 'NormalGuns'

luciusfunk

luciusfunk

The Imposter

• SILVER
  • 6,690 posts
  • 21-September 05
Well I seriously doubt anyone expected Kurt to show. :shrugs:

vvZ4ihN.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users