Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Why all the DJ Ashba hate?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

ManetsBR

ManetsBR

FRONTMAN

• SILVER Supporter
  • 6,738 posts
  • 27-July 09
Seriously, he plays the Guns N' Roses stuff almost perfectly, his solos are good and I actually like a lot of his work outside Guns N' Roses (Sixx:A.M., Beautiful Creatures...).
Why do you all hate him so much?

Edited by ManetsBR, 12 December 2012 - 02:41 PM.

fQfYl0l.jpg

The last beautiful free soul on this planet

Roush

Roush

GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts
  • 11-May 11
He applies mascara better than our women.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
- C.S. Lewis

#free_diceman

Rustycage

Rustycage

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,666 posts
  • 23-March 04
He's an example of what's wrong with the current music scene, maybe? All about his image, marketing and suckage.

*Locked*

3325a15.gif

Dazey

Dazey

Redcoat Bastard!

• SILVER Supporter
  • 16,494 posts
  • 25-November 02
Cos you always get the impression he's going to try and sell you something. I used to quite like the guy but the more he opens his mouth the more I'm going off him. Seriously in every interview you just know you're going to get the Ashba SWAG plugs about 30 times a minute and he just comes across as trying far too hard. The stories about beating up fans and arguing with old ladies in hotels? I mean he just seems far too eager to look cool all the time. :shrugs:

Edited by Dazey, 12 December 2012 - 02:47 PM.

HV's Current Shit-list: Black Sabbath, Broskirose, Skype Crew (except Graeme), Miser, wfse and Dazey. Especially Dazey...

TheDemocracyRose

TheDemocracyRose

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • 30-March 05
Its Bullying...

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*
  • Guests
  • --
I wouldn't say almost perfectly, but far better than Finch ever did, so it's a big step up from that. He looks awful, but I don't really care about it, as long as he plays reasonably good live.

RussTCB

RussTCB

Takin' Care of Business

• MOD SQUAD
  • 5,045 posts
  • 11-May 05

Seriously, he plays the Guns N' Roses stuff almost perfectly, his solos are good and I actually like a lot of his work outside Guns N' Roses (Sixx:A.M., Beautiful Creatures...).
Why do you all hate him so much?

I don't "hate" him per se. I don't like his overall style/look but that doesn't cause me to hate him. I was a huge fan of Robin and I enjoyed the way he played the old material and his own GN'R material better though.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"

Eu4ic

Eu4ic

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • 15-October 11
He sucks, that's why. It's like if Clapton were replaced by...well I can't think of anybody because back then you had to have talent just to be in a really good band; that's part of my problem I guess. GNR is supposed to have larger-than-life players, with personality, and DJ just seems like a poser who doesn't even like blues-based rock n roll. And just because somebody plays a song note-for-note does not make him good. In fact, it's probably a bad thing.

Edited by Eu4ic, 12 December 2012 - 03:00 PM.

Kill Devil Hill

Kill Devil Hill

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • 14-July 11
He makes himself an easy target.

In regards to Slash, I read a desperate fan's message about, what if one of us were to die and looking back I had the possibility of a reunion now, blah blah blah. And my thoughts are, "Yeah, and while you're at the show your baby accidentally kicks a candle and burns your house down, killing himself and the rest of your family."

ManetsBR

ManetsBR

FRONTMAN

• SILVER Supporter
  • 6,738 posts
  • 27-July 09

He sucks, that's why. It's like if Clapton were replaced by...well I can't think of anybody because back then you had to have talent just to be in a really good band; that's part of my problem I guess. GNR is supposed to have larger-than-life players, with personality, and DJ just seems like a poser who doesn't even like blues-based rock n roll. And just because somebody plays a song note-for-note does not make him good. In fact, it's probably a bad thing.

Well, Robin put a little of himself into the old songs and yet some people still complained.
Although, I personally would take Robin over DJ any time.

fQfYl0l.jpg

The last beautiful free soul on this planet

Roush

Roush

GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts
  • 11-May 11
Same. Robin was sloppy at times. But I dug his style.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
- C.S. Lewis

#free_diceman

PappyTron

PappyTron

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,969 posts
  • 16-May 07
Because he is a poor man's Johnny 5.

"I actually had one cute hat, and it blew off at the CVS parking lot. And this whole car full of black kids ran over it, for no reason. AND THEY SAW IT! THEY SAW IT!"

Facekicker

Facekicker

Kicker of Faces

• SILVER Supporter
  • 12,612 posts
  • 02-March 06
He is a fraud, a poser and is using GNR to promote his cheap shit to impressionable kids. He represents everything GNR used to be against.

If any more words come pouring out your cunt mouth, I'm gonna have to eat every fucking chicken in this room. 

HisRoyalSweetness

HisRoyalSweetness

FRONTMAN

• Unregistered
  • 6,754 posts
  • 10-November 06
i like him. i like what he represents for this incarnation of gnr... a return to cock rocker / glam metal fun, and a break from freakshowexperimentalprogmetal. he's super energetic and puts on a hell of a show. is he sloppy? i guess. but for fuck's sake, the lead singer can hardly carry a tune. so whatever.

ashba gets two big thumbs up from me. i with he'd been on the team when they were writing chinese democracy. there might have actually been some rock n' roll on the album.

Naupis

Naupis

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts
  • 03-April 05

He is a fraud, a poser and is using GNR to promote his cheap shit to impressionable kids. He represents everything GNR used to be against.

From your lips to God's ears!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users