Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Why all the DJ Ashba hate?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

pe_teko

pe_teko

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • 07-January 06
I'll tell you why: listen to TWAT played by Finck and then listen to TWAT played by Ashba.

And I wouldn't say hate... It's just not good enough for GNR. It's sad because GNR has always had great guitar players.

Roush

Roush

GOD

• SILVER
  • 2,209 posts
  • 11-May 11
Like Paul Tobias, and Gary "Big Food" Sunshine.

"Pussy full of maggots, isn't that absurd?"
- C.S. Lewis

#freesilkworms

trqster

trqster

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts
  • 08-August 06
DJ Ashba reminds most people of Slash's style and for that reason alone he's either hated or loved - simple. The fact that Axl seems to love the guy and interacts a lot with him on stage even irritates people further...

Old-timer Gn'R fan since '88... 

Kosonen

Kosonen

Senior

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • 12-June 07
because everything about him is fake

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,812 posts
  • 28-April 11
I don't hate DJ Ashba at all. I don't agree with his fashion sense but fuck that, it doesn't matter. People that hate him 'cause of that should shut the fuck up or just come out of the closet. I don't think he butchers any of Robin's solos, as Robin did the exact same thing pretty well, I think he has amazing stage presence and treats his fans BETTER THAN ANY GNR MEMBER EVER HAS. What gets to me is his cheesy attitude on twitter and facebook, trying to be cool and rock n' roll. It sucks. That broken vase pic he posted once was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen since some of Steven's stuff. If DJ quit trying so hard to be rock n' roll, he'd be the right fit for GnR. And NO, you don't know how his (unlikely but) possible future contributions to GnR are gonna be like, so STFU.

Logo_zpsb06a0514.png

Roush

Roush

GOD

• SILVER
  • 2,209 posts
  • 11-May 11
He's also everything terrible about Los Angeles wrapped up in Hot Topic gift paper.

"Pussy full of maggots, isn't that absurd?"
- C.S. Lewis

#freesilkworms

axlrod

axlrod

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • 18-November 08
DJ has been getting better, so expect the hate from haters.

GAURAV N - "I had thought I’d mind the fact that ‘Slash’ was missing. But DJ Ashba totally rocked it. It was a mesmerising evening!”

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/195561-gaurav-n-i-had-thought-id-mind-the-fact-that-slash-was-missing-but-dj-ashba-totally-rocked-it-it-was-a-mesmerising-evening/

Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth

Commander Awesome

• SILVER
  • 9,769 posts
  • 13-February 06
I don't hate him, I dislike him. Just the same as when he goes by Slash. :shrugs:
:shrugs:

loko

loko

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • 17-May 05

because everything about him is fake

And he's terrible guitar player and muscian at all.

Robert G Durant

Robert G Durant

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • 24-October 07
Why do you hate DJ?

"He tries to be cool" "His whole image looks too put together" "The way he talks to the fans"

Why do you hate Axl?

"It seems like he's not trying anymore" "He looks like shit" "The way he doesn't talk to the fans"

Facekicker

Facekicker

Kicker of Faces

• SILVER
  • 13,501 posts
  • 02-March 06
At least Axl is honest about being a lazy cunt. DJ is as fake as silicone tits.

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”

AXL_N_DIZZY

AXL_N_DIZZY

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • 18-November 11

DJ Ashba reminds most people of Slash's style and for that reason alone he's either hated or loved - simple. The fact that Axl seems to love the guy and interacts a lot with him on stage even irritates people further...

Some people are legitimately annoyed by the Ashba-swag plugs, etc.- which I guess I get- but whatever this is supposed to be America. I think what you wrote though comes closest to the mark.

Dj's Axl's first true "wing-man" post-Slash (and not some dork playing with Star Wars toys or listening to KISS records in his basement or whatever) and it's got some folks feeling uncomfortable IMHO. Meanwhile- as far as being a "terrible" player- though by no means the "best technical guitarist" Guns has ever had- he's more than adequate and has tremendous stage presence IMHO. Been to two shows in the las year or so- and both times the people I went with (not hardcore Guns fans, but fans of the hits, etc.) came away raving about Dj and still ask me what's up with him and when the new album's coming out, etc. Quite different than watching Finck (who I fucking loved) getting booed quite heartily back in the day. Actually, as a long-time FInck supporter- the "revisionist" history of his tenure- to now where he was a beloved core member whose solos Dj is "butchering" or whatever is quite comical...
Dizzy Reed: "You know what, Axl is a lot more fun at 5 a.m. than he is at 5 p.m. Let's put it that way."

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • 28-April 11

At least Axl is honest about being a lazy cunt. DJ is as fake as silicone tits.

Not a good analogy. Silicone tits rule.

Logo_zpsb06a0514.png

F*ck Fear

F*ck Fear

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 7,983 posts
  • 29-June 03
I think DJ is a great addition to the band. Much better than Fink. I'm really pleased with GNR since 2009.

Posted Image

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• SILVER
  • 15,946 posts
  • 28-January 11

Seriously, he plays the Guns N' Roses stuff almost perfectly

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Posted Image

Goddamn it! Fuckin' Game of Thrones, man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users