Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Why all the DJ Ashba hate?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Bruno P.

Bruno P.

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,698 posts
  • 10-October 07

Also that Ashba solo isn't bad actually

Fair play. My ears couldn't listen to half of that solo and even my dog hated it, but each to their own I guess. :shrugs:

"When the whole world looks at me they see some other guy
Doesn't matter what I say, they all made up their minds
I didn't like it then, and I still don't like it now
But I find the strength to smile somehow"

Gunzen

Gunzen

OH MY GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,420 posts
  • 20-October 06

He is a fraud, a poser and is using GNR to promote his cheap shit to impressionable kids. He represents everything GNR used to be against.

GNR was in it for the same reasons all rock stars are in it, for the money, fame, and ego.

Stop making shit up.

Izzy didn't care for that.
Duff just didn't give a shit.
Slash just wanted to tour and play.
AXL was in it more for financial reasons.

Naive.
SIGNATURE EDITED: PLEASE CHECK SIGNATURE GUIDELINES: http://www.mygnrforu...?showtopic=9592
***TWO LINES OF TEXT MAXIMUM***

Gunzen

Gunzen

OH MY GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,420 posts
  • 20-October 06

Everyone that hates Ashba are bitter ex fans.

Everyone that hates Ashba are bitter ex fans.

....and are just jealous. Plain and simple. It is the way of the US, people are incredibly envious of any success here. It is very common in this country to envy and hate on people who are successful and handsome/pretty. Look at the hate for Justin Beiber, Kardashians etc. They don't bother anyone, and neither does Ashba. DJ is living the American dream. He is doing what he loves, and touring with one of the greatest names in rock and roll history, whats not to like? He is fine in concert, the fans at the shows love him, he is very charismatic on stage, and most of the guys probobly just hate that their S.O's lust for him.

Doubt many women have a problem with him. I took my cousin, she is a 30 year old woman, to the Vegas residency, she could not stop saying how cute he was. Get over it guys, he is handsome and charismatic and Axl is no dummy, he doesn't have to be as good as Bucket, cause Bucket looked and acted like a fucking idiot.

Axl is touring right now, and he wants to surround himself with a likable, solid band. Marketing sells.

Actually money was one of the reasons they fucked it up. Some with drugs and alcohol addiction, others with mental illness and power control.

Agreed it is so funny when people try to say it is all for the music, yeah right. Maybe in the beginning. If it was just for the music, the other members would be fine with it now. Remember how much Slash said how incredible Libertad was? And how he could see himself making this type of music forever? It flopped and they broke up. No dough, no show.

Edited by Gunzen, 13 December 2012 - 09:16 PM.

SIGNATURE EDITED: PLEASE CHECK SIGNATURE GUIDELINES: http://www.mygnrforu...?showtopic=9592
***TWO LINES OF TEXT MAXIMUM***

Bruno P.

Bruno P.

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,698 posts
  • 10-October 07
Hey, Bucket acted like a crazy bastart, I know, but he at least had huge musical knowledge and awesome guitar skills :)

Rustycage

Rustycage

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,712 posts
  • 23-March 04

He is a fraud, a poser and is using GNR to promote his cheap shit to impressionable kids. He represents everything GNR used to be against.

GNR was in it for the same reasons all rock stars are in it, for the money, fame, and ego.

Stop making shit up.

Izzy didn't care for that.
Duff just didn't give a shit.
Slash just wanted to tour and play.
AXL was in it more for financial reasons.

Naive.

So Izzy is lying about a lot of the reasons he left? His career since then doesn't reflect that?

Duff wasn't a bumbling drunk just enjoying the drunken ride? I don't recall him giving interviews talking about the money being the main factor.

I also take it that you are saying Slash was lying regardless of the fact that he is doing EXACTLY what he said he wanted to do by touring low profile and just having fun? The same thing he did before the UYI sessions. The consistency of his actions backs up his claim.

I'm not naive, you're just being delusional about it to suit your argument. There is only one member that was obsessed about the money and it's Axl. Who went after the name and who were the two guys left that just said "Fuck it?" NOT Axl.

you're so tough and manly.

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• SILVER
  • 14,988 posts
  • 28-January 11

Actually money was one of the reasons they fucked it up. Some with drugs and alcohol addiction, others with mental illness and power control.

Agreed it is so funny when people try to say it is all for the music, yeah right. Maybe in the beginning. If it was just for the music, the other members would be fine with it now. Remember how much Slash said how incredible Libertad was? And how he could see himself making this type of music forever? It flopped and they broke up. No dough, no show.

Once you know the power of money you just won't let it go off your hands. That's true.

What does Slash have to do with this thread? :lol: Anyhow, in those videos Slash is not making one single mistake. If you want mistakes and sloppiness, check this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggmXauFtx0k

What's wrong? I simply love the way he plays the first and second solos. He plays differently, yes, on purpose, and I love it! The last one sounds good as well, even if sloppy at parts. The very ending is too beautiful.

WTF? :lol:

Posted Image

Goddamn it! Fuckin' Game of Thrones, man.

Bruno P.

Bruno P.

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,698 posts
  • 10-October 07
What's wrong with that? I mean, sure, not the most accurate solos ever, but I like how they sound :) especially because they sound different yet they have their own "identity", ha.

Majestic Beast

Majestic Beast

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • 22-April 11

Dj Ashba has emo style attitude,he would suit better in a band like steel panther.

So lonely to wander,So sad to be alone,In the mist of the unknown,Trying to fool myself with dreams that never come true,So hard to stand my ground,Never again will I fail ,Will you tell me not to wait,Tell me to live for today,As the flowers wither,I will forget my pain...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users