Myles to tour with Altar Bridge in 2013 freeing Slash up for something cool

evergreen_layne

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=183522

Dude I don't hate Myles but he does nothing for me. He's lukewarm. Maybe that's worse than hate though.....

Anyhows I think 2013 will be an interesting year for the Slashman. Freed from working with Myles (whether he likes it or not I know he loves the guy) Slash can explore other musical options and go nuts. Hopefully he's thinking about some Velvet Revolver. Although he's been talking a lot about Scott he hasn't burned any bridges yet.

Todd said in his recent blog they are going to start the next Slash/Myles conspirators album late 2013.

Just like last time, Slash and the band will put material together while Myles is out on tour, and then he will rejoin them to finish and do vocals.

That is exactly the same as what they did when Myles was doing ABIII with Alter Bridge in 2010/11.

How the guy does double duty for going on 3 years solid now I don't know, but they aren't going anywhere.

Slash is OK with Myles but he needs a lead singer that actually busts his balls in order to get the best out of him.

That`s what I`ve been saying for a long time fact is he`ll never work with vocalist and songwriter of Axl`s caliber ever again and likewise Axl will never get sound he wants from other guitarists Bucket was last chance but we all know how it ended

Edited by Son of a Guns

well good for Myles his way better with Alter Bridge than he is with Slash.

His songwritting ability I think is way better than Slash (Don't belive me? go and listen to the Alter Bridge records)

Anyways I just hope Alter Bridge comes up with another great album while Slash does his own thing with either VR or by himself, best of the lucks for both of thems of course

• 3 weeks later...

So frustrating being a fan of Axl and Slash. When I first found GNR back in the UYI days I thought I had found a band for life. Not a band for a few years followed by endless solo projects and unsatisfying collaborations. Boo!

There's been some awesome solo and individual collab stuff over the years. The key is not to expect it to sound like GNR.

So frustrating being a fan of Axl and Slash. When I first found GNR back in the UYI days I thought I had found a band for life. Not a band for a few years followed by endless solo projects and unsatisfying collaborations. Boo!

I feel you but neither Axl or Slash work for us. Unfortunately, it is the way it is.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like Myles. I'm glad to hear he and Slash will continue on with the Conspirators. I look forward to the next record.

It would be cool though if Velvet Revolver went on the road on a mini-tour in Slash's "off" time while Myles does his Alter Bridge thing. Then again, maybe Slash will take a much-deserved break. haha