Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Row over 'white as snow' Miss France

miss

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

st0n3r

st0n3r

DEMI-GOD

• Supporters
  • 1,915 posts
  • 24-April 05

Row over 'white as snow' Miss France

AFP - A black rights group on Monday slammed the latest Miss France competition for producing a "white as snow" winner from a field it claimed was unrepresentative of the country's ethnic make-up.

Marine Lorphelin, 19, a brunette medical student from Burgundy, was on Saturday crowned Miss France 2013, having edged out Miss Tahiti, Hinarini de Longeaux, in the final round of judging.

Louis-Georges Tin, the president of the CRAN (Representative Council of Black Associations), on Monday lamented the lack of contestants from France's African and north African communities.

"The failure to represent the contemporary French population in an event such as this is obviously serious," Tin said in a statement issued jointly with Fred Royer, the creator of Miss Black France.

"It amounts to denying the very existence of French people of African origin."

Of the 33 finalists in Saturday's contest, eight were from ethnic minorities with six of those coming from France's Pacific or Caribbean territories.

"In the antiquated world of Miss France, blacks apparently can only come from overseas departments," the CRAN statement said.

"As for Frenchwomen of north African heritage, they were 'represented' by only one candidate who was quickly eliminated (too Muslim perhaps?)."

France is home to around five million Muslims, most of them of north African origin.

The statement went on to express regret that "Miss France is as white as the end of year snow on the steeples of an eternal France."

As far as I understand, everyone is allowed to participate in this competition. I don't see why they should complain.

Edited by st0n3r, 13 December 2012 - 07:33 AM.

*If Satan Lived In Heaven He'd Be Me!*

izzygirl

izzygirl

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,785 posts
  • 28-February 10
The "That's because I'm black, right?" shit again.

1) As far as I know, most of the population in France are white, so it's normal that most candidates are white too.
2) The girl isn't "white as snow", she isn't even blonde.
3) It's just a stupid contest; as long as the rules allow everybody to take part in equal conditions, I don't see what's wrong with the winner.
4) Is it just me or the African blacks are being racist with the overseas departments blacks? :unsure:

21km35y.jpg

No son ojos porque los ves. Son ojos porque te miran.

Johnny Drama

Johnny Drama

I WILL EAT YOUR PUPPY

• Supporters
  • 16,082 posts
  • 14-August 07
How about they STFU and realise that French people live in France

BRING BACK LENNY.

Now.

Dazey

Dazey

Redcoat Bastard!

• Members
  • 16,295 posts
  • 25-November 02
Can we just all agree that beauty pageants in the 21st century are fucking stupid anyway?

HV's Current Shit-list: Black Sabbath, Broskirose, Skype Crew (except Graeme), Miser, wfse and Dazey. Especially Dazey...

Johnny Drama

Johnny Drama

I WILL EAT YOUR PUPPY

• Supporters
  • 16,082 posts
  • 14-August 07

Can we just all agree that beauty pageants in the 21st century are fucking stupid anyway?

No. They full of fit birds innit?

BRING BACK LENNY.

Now.

Dazey

Dazey

Redcoat Bastard!

• Members
  • 16,295 posts
  • 25-November 02

Yea' but they don't get the bristols out innit? ;)

HV's Current Shit-list: Black Sabbath, Broskirose, Skype Crew (except Graeme), Miser, wfse and Dazey. Especially Dazey...

Georgy Zhukov

Georgy Zhukov

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 15,587 posts
  • 13-August 11

1) As far as I know, most of the population in France are white, so it's normal that most candidates are white too.
3) It's just a stupid contest; as long as the rules allow everybody to take part in equal conditions, I don't see what's wrong with the winner.
4) Is it just me or the African blacks are being racist with the overseas departments blacks? :unsure:

The other chick even isn't that black. Maybe "white as snow" won because she impressed the judges more?

Johnny Drama

Johnny Drama

I WILL EAT YOUR PUPPY

• Supporters
  • 16,082 posts
  • 14-August 07

Yea' but they don't get the bristols out innit? ;)

Fannies!

BRING BACK LENNY.

Now.

izzygirl

izzygirl

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,785 posts
  • 28-February 10

The other chick even isn't that black. Maybe "white as snow" won because she impressed the judges more?

Nah...racism is more entertaining!

21km35y.jpg

Georgy Zhukov

Georgy Zhukov

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 15,587 posts
  • 13-August 11

Nah...racism is more entertaining!

The other chick looks computer generated.

Redhead74

Redhead74

FRONTWOMAN

• Supporters
  • 9,250 posts
  • 12-July 12
It's a waste of time anyway. Everyone knows that the really good looking women on this planet don't enter silly beauty pageants. They are already flying all over the world making millions posing for magazines and walking the fashion world's catwalks. Beauty pageants are just second rate 'beauties'.
~~~~ :awesomeface: :awesomeface: {{{{{{{{{{{{{ :awesomeface: }}}}}}}}}}}}}} :awesomeface: :awesomeface: ~~~~

SunnyDRE

SunnyDRE

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 14,534 posts
  • 07-October 07

I Everyone knows that the really good looking women on this planet don't enter silly beauty pageants.

they don't? i'm not sure about that, because i've seen some really nice ones in them.

as for the story, meh, *shrugs* i read a report a that said 56-60% of France's ethnic minorities felt discriminated against.
i think the leader of cran might have chosen a better "battle" then a beauty pageant, but were there's smoke..

0dh3.jpg

I thought you would never..
Find another ..
Love again.....

izzygirl

izzygirl

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,785 posts
  • 28-February 10

as for the story, meh, *shrugs* i read a report a that said 56-60% of France's ethnic minorities felt discriminated against.
i think the leader of cran might have chosen a better "battle" then a beauty pageant, but were there's smoke..

Where there's smoke some immigrant was setting cars on fire? :confused:

J/K

Now seriously, that means that nearly half of the ethnics minorities don't feel discriminated. :shrugs:

21km35y.jpg

SunnyDRE

SunnyDRE

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 14,534 posts
  • 07-October 07

Now seriously, that means that nearly half of the ethnics minorities don't feel discriminated. :shrugs:

there were slaves who fought on the side of the confederacy. :shrugs:

0dh3.jpg

I thought you would never..
Find another ..
Love again.....

Georgy Zhukov

Georgy Zhukov

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 15,587 posts
  • 13-August 11
So France is a white supremecist country. What els is new?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users