Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Row over 'white as snow' Miss France

miss

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

izzygirl

izzygirl

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,785 posts
  • 28-February 10

as for the story, meh, *shrugs* i read a report a that said 56-60% of France's ethnic minorities felt discriminated against.
i think the leader of cran might have chosen a better "battle" then a beauty pageant, but were there's smoke..

Now seriously, that means that nearly half of the ethnics minorities don't feel discriminated. :shrugs:

there were slaves who fought on the side of the confederacy. :shrugs:

Yes, but France has, you know, human rights and stuff like that. :confused:

21km35y.jpg

No son ojos porque los ves. Son ojos porque te miran.

Georgy Zhukov

Georgy Zhukov

Marshal of the Soviet Union

• SILVER
  • 16,347 posts
  • 13-August 11
France isn't perfect, they have a long history of thinking they are superior to everyone. They have one of the largest popuations of North Africans in Europe and they just pretend they don't exist.

Dazey

Dazey

Redcoat Bastard!

• SILVER
  • 17,191 posts
  • 25-November 02

They have one of the largest popuations of North Africans in Europe and they just pretend they don't exist.

They have the same attitude when it comes to soap. :lol:

HV's Current Shit-list: Black Sabbath, Broskirose, Skype Crew (except Graeme), Miser, wfse and Dazey. Especially Dazey...

SunnyDRE

SunnyDRE

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 14,534 posts
  • 07-October 07

as for the story, meh, *shrugs* i read a report a that said 56-60% of France's ethnic minorities felt discriminated against.
i think the leader of cran might have chosen a better "battle" then a beauty pageant, but were there's smoke..

Now seriously, that means that nearly half of the ethnics minorities don't feel discriminated. :shrugs:

Sure they do.. :confused:

0dh3.jpg

I thought you would never..
Find another ..
Love again.....

Georgy Zhukov

Georgy Zhukov

• SILVER
  • 16,347 posts
  • 13-August 11

They have one of the largest popuations of North Africans in Europe and they just pretend they don't exist.

And the razor.

Seriously, just watch any French film. You will only see white people.

At least the British embrace diversity. At least they do on Doctor Who.

izzygirl

izzygirl

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,785 posts
  • 28-February 10

And the razor.

Disagree. Have you seen Taxi? or Asterix? or Amelie?

That's a religion, not a race. But I can assure that people have human rights in France. Everybody. Much more rights than they could dream about in their own countries.

21km35y.jpg

Georgy Zhukov

Georgy Zhukov

• SILVER
  • 16,347 posts
  • 13-August 11
Isn't one of the biggest criticisms of Amelie is that it did not portray non-white people?

And Taxi? Yeah, that has to be about Indian cap drivers :lol:

SunnyDRE

SunnyDRE

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 14,534 posts
  • 07-October 07

And the razor.

Disagree. Have you seen Taxi? or Asterix? or Amelie?

That's a religion, not a race. But I can assure that people have human rights in France. Everybody. Much more rights than they could dream about in their own countries.

race and religion go hand and hand; and is silly to say "if they don't like the way they are treated here, they can go back to their own countries." that is what you're saying in the part i bolded.

Edited by SunnyDRE, 13 December 2012 - 09:56 AM.

0dh3.jpg

I thought you would never..
Find another ..
Love again.....

izzygirl

izzygirl

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,785 posts
  • 28-February 10

Isn't one of the biggest criticisms of Amelie is that it did not portray non-white people?

And Taxi? Yeah, that has to be about Indian cap drivers :lol:

There are no blacks but there are North Africans, which is the biggest ethnic minority in France by far. Jamel Debbouze is one of the actors and he is moroccan. Also there are other people from Argelia too.

Taxi is an awesome film, you ignorant! :lol: The main characther is from Algeria too.

If they are racist because there are no other races in their films, then Spain is racist too. :shrugs:

21km35y.jpg

Georgy Zhukov

Georgy Zhukov

• SILVER
  • 16,347 posts
  • 13-August 11
The North Africans is what I am referring to. I guess I didn't notice them. How racist of me I guess in France North African is white enough.

An Algerian cab driver? That is racist!

Spain is racist towards Romanians.

izzygirl

izzygirl

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,785 posts
  • 28-February 10

race and religion go hand and hand; and is silly to say "if they don't like the way they are treated here, they can go back to their own countries." that is what you're saying in the part i bolded.

Race and religion don't go hand annd hand at all. I mean, a lot of Africans are catholics, so are the Frenchs. And France is a completely secular country, religion has nothing to do there.

"if they don't like the way they are treated here, they can go back to their own countries." No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that French Constitution, and the Treats of the European Union, protect those immigrants. They have the right to education, to PUBLIC healthcare, to get welfare, etc. and those laws try to protect them against racism. But you can't pretend that everybody likes you, and moreover, in some cases they don't wanna adapt to the new country and its customs,which causes problems. :shrugs:

21km35y.jpg

izzygirl

izzygirl

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,785 posts
  • 28-February 10

The North Africans is what I am referring to. I guess I didn't notice them. How racist of me I guess in France North African is white enough.

An Algerian cab driver? That is racist!

Yes, you didn't notice but there are North Africans in French films. Plenty of them in fact! Watch Taxi and you'll see that is not racist at all. ;)

21km35y.jpg

Georgy Zhukov

Georgy Zhukov

• SILVER
  • 16,347 posts
  • 13-August 11
I guess they pass off easily as brunettes.

MB.

MB.

SUPER GOD

• SILVER
  • 3,930 posts
  • 15-December 08
One of the best films of 2011:

Inttouchables

The movie tells the story of a aristocrat man who becomes quadriplegic from a paragliding accident, he hires a young man from the projects to be his caretaker.

Although the senagalese caretaker was from the projects, it's in no way rascist. The movie is based on a true story as well.
So not a rascist movie, but a very sweet and positive one.

PappyTron

PappyTron

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,969 posts
  • 16-May 07
1 - Taxi is an awesome film (and I don't mean the pile of crap with the otherwise awesome Queen Latifah)

2 - Imagine the outcry is someone described a black person as, say, "black as coal".

"I actually had one cute hat, and it blew off at the CVS parking lot. And this whole car full of black kids ran over it, for no reason. AND THEY SAW IT! THEY SAW IT!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users