Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Led Zeppelin vs. Pink Floyd

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Poll: Led Zeppelin vs. Pink Floyd (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Led Zeppelin vs. Pink Floyd

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06
Now that Led Zeppelin has clearly won against The Stones, let's see how they do versus Pink Floyd
-Member formerly known as Mr. Miser/Honky Chateau/Memnoch the Devil/Indigo Child/Clark Gable/Virgil Caine-
GUNS N' ROSES = AXL, SLASH, IZZY, DUFF, STEVEN

DieselDaisy

DieselDaisy

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,838 posts
  • 11-August 12
Floyd.

Kill Devil Hill

Kill Devil Hill

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • 14-July 11
Led Zeppelin.

Pink Floyd's great, too, but they have a lot of interludes and fillers. :sleeper:

In regards to Slash, I read a desperate fan's message about, what if one of us were to die and looking back I had the possibility of a reunion now, blah blah blah. And my thoughts are, "Yeah, and while you're at the show your baby accidentally kicks a candle and burns your house down, killing himself and the rest of your family."

arnold layne

arnold layne

Perla Del Mar

• Supporters
  • 13,547 posts
  • 17-November 06
Not comparable.

One was the godfather of prog psychedelic rock and the other was a boring ass over glorified cover band.
Don't waste your time on me, you're already
the voice inside my head.

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• Supporters
  • 14,057 posts
  • 28-January 11
Led for sure.

qlq4.jpg

Goddamn it! Fuckin' Game of Thrones, man.

DieselDaisy

DieselDaisy

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,838 posts
  • 11-August 12
What is going on with this forum? Have I accidentally visited a Zeppelin love-in?

Kill Devil Hill

Kill Devil Hill

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • 14-July 11

What is going on with this forum? Have I accidentally visited a Zeppelin love-in?

They're only winning by one vote.

In regards to Slash, I read a desperate fan's message about, what if one of us were to die and looking back I had the possibility of a reunion now, blah blah blah. And my thoughts are, "Yeah, and while you're at the show your baby accidentally kicks a candle and burns your house down, killing himself and the rest of your family."

username

username

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 21,521 posts
  • 08-January 04
Floyd! One of the best bands that has ever been. Again, I love Zeppelin, but so far they've been pitted against 2 of my favorite bands of all time. :P
Three hour meeting starts NOW!!!

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• Supporters
  • 14,057 posts
  • 28-January 11
:rofl-lol:

qlq4.jpg

Goddamn it! Fuckin' Game of Thrones, man.

izzygirl

izzygirl

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,785 posts
  • 28-February 10
Led Zep.

21km35y.jpg

No son ojos porque los ves. Son ojos porque te miran.

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 30,394 posts
  • 03-April 03
Zep

“To the ones who are negative and want to see either myself or the new band fall on their faces, personally I can’t pass up an opportunity to upset so many of them in one quick swoop. I get misty-eyed just thinking about it."

luciusfunk

luciusfunk

The Imposter

• Supporters
  • 6,172 posts
  • 21-September 05
Not a big fan of either, but I love The Wall.

vvZ4ihN.png

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 30,394 posts
  • 03-April 03

Not a big fan of either, but I love The Wall.

Who doesn't? It's awesome.

“To the ones who are negative and want to see either myself or the new band fall on their faces, personally I can’t pass up an opportunity to upset so many of them in one quick swoop. I get misty-eyed just thinking about it."

username

username

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 21,521 posts
  • 08-January 04

Apples and oranges idiots Miser and Arnold cocklayne should have been banned long time ago

If you know all the answers, then why aren't you a moderator you stupid illiterate bastard?

Riddle me that bitch.

Hey you little cocksucker don`t you have anything better to do in your patheitc existance rather then stalk forums and spam bullshit fuckwit you need few smacks over the head you little annoying, illiterate, whining and spoiled waste of oxygen I think either your mommy did n`t give you enough attention or daddy touched you too much which one is true ?

Child abuse isn't a laughing matter. I hope you're ashamed of yourself you sick fuck.

:bitchfight:

Edited by username, 13 December 2012 - 12:50 PM.

Three hour meeting starts NOW!!!

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,942 posts
  • 12-December 08
It should be a draw, because the differences between the two balance each other out.
I'll name a few:
Stage show - Pink Floyd have very little footage in their prime, Led Zep have a pretty good representation of their live shows. It's hard to tell from grainy 8mm what Pink Floyd's shows were like. You had to be there for it. But they put a lot of work into the stage shows so everyone in the venue would have a good experience. If someone was in the nosebleeds for Led Zeppelin, it wasn't going to be as enjoyable.

Pink Floyd for the most part sounded like the albums. That could be good or bad.

Led Zep looked like rock stars, Pink Floyd looked like the audience, which was prob. to Pink Floyd's advantage, and could go out without being harassed.
Musicianship - Led Zep, not even up for debate.
Catalog - Led Zep, because Pink Floyd had their experimental stuff and soundtracks. Page's experimentations were either done in The Yardbirds or before he brought his works in progress to the band. Pink Floyd didn't hit their stride until Meddle. LZ has a more polished up discography,they had very little in outtakes, because most of them wound up on Physical Graffiti and Coda.

Individual albums - Dark Side of the Moon alone outsold any of Led Zeppelin's albums. I think over time, Pink Floyd's imagery and status has grown, and Led Zep's has kind of stayed in the same place, and I think Pink Floyd's songs connect more than Led Zeppelin's do. I think Plant didn't start having the personal connection with the audience until the 90s and started playing smaller venues, Plant/Page was cool because they did the Led Zep songs again for a new generation, but it wasn't all that much of a nostalgia tour, because it was consistent with what Plant was doing in the 90s anyway.

The guys in Pink Floyd were singing about growing old and life sucks, let's make the most out of it, and people connect with that more than songs about Hobbits and Vikings. Plant wrote some good lyrics on "Carouselambra" and a few others, but no one really goes "wow, Robert Plant was a phenomenal lyricist" either. Sometimes it comes across as words to fit the song.

Pink Floyd's legacy has only grown bigger in time, and will continue to. Led Zeppelin have already cemented their legacy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users