Led Zeppelin vs. Pink Floyd

Vincent Vega

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a big fan of either, but I love The Wall.

Who doesn't? It's awesome.

I don't, The wall is mostly wank. Wish you were here and Animals are by far Flods greatest imo

Wall should've been a Roger Waters solo project in hindsight, but doubt we would've had songs like "Comfortably Numb" or "Young Lust" and some others. I know they're all proud of it, but it broke the band up. "Quadrophenia" is my favorite concept album, and the story was strong enough to turn it into a stage production.

I think "The Wall" movie should've been directed by Terry Gilliam, and would've been able to collaborate with Gerald Scarfe on the animation. Scorsese should've directed the live concert film when they played New York. I just think that was left in someone's hands that didn't know how to handle filming in an arena. I've heard about plans to try to use technology to fix the film and make it worthy of official release. Roger screened his copy with the band he's been touring with.

It's not my favorite album, but feel with what Roger's doing on this tour is cool. It wasn't intended to be just an album but a multimedia spectacle. Question is if he's planning on putting a production together where he doesn't have to be in it?

I don't, The wall is mostly wank. Wish you were here and Animals are by far Flods greatest imo

those are good too, they're all good. That run from Meddle to The Wall was by far Flods greatest. But nothing sticks above anything else.

Wall should've been a Roger Waters solo project in hindsight,

No. There are many weak songs on the album, which are saved by the guitar work.

Tommy suffers from the same thing, but they're necessary passages to keep the story moving along. Rock operas tend to suffer from this more than any other type of album.

It prob. would've been more guest appearances, including Dave. Prob. Clapton and Beck, Andy Fairweather-Low. Doubt Comfortably Numb would've turned out the way it did. Roger doing all the singing would've taken the album down a few notches. Gilmour did a lot of the singing,but it was always awesome when it was the two of them.