Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Led Zeppelin vs. Pink Floyd

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Poll: Led Zeppelin vs. Pink Floyd (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Led Zeppelin vs. Pink Floyd

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts
  • 03-April 03

Yeah, don't really cut it i'm afraid but i'm gonna fuck off out of this thread now and give someone else a chance :)

frankly should've thought twice about being in it at all. There is nothing here for you.

Edited by moreblack, 14 December 2012 - 10:46 AM.

“To the ones who are negative and want to see either myself or the new band fall on their faces, personally I can’t pass up an opportunity to upset so many of them in one quick swoop. I get misty-eyed just thinking about it."

GivenToFly

GivenToFly

Stranger

• Supporters
  • 6,098 posts
  • 28-May 05

Yeah, don't really cut it i'm afraid but i'm gonna fuck off out of this thread now and give someone else a chance :)

frankly should've thought twice about being in it at all. There is nothing here for you.

Posted Image

:lol:

Check out my old GNR live megabootleg: Guns N' Roses: Live Anthology 1985 - 1994

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/204151-live-anthology-1985-1994-my-old-gnr-live-megabootleg/

and my 2006 - 2012 compilation: Guns N' Roses: Chinese Democracy Live

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/201848-gnr-chinese-democracy-live-my-bootleg-compilation-of-live-material-2006-2012/

Guest_Len B'stard_*

Guest_Len B'stard_*
  • Guests
  • --
Sorry! :lol:

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 30,382 posts
  • 03-April 03
perfect :rofl-lol:

“To the ones who are negative and want to see either myself or the new band fall on their faces, personally I can’t pass up an opportunity to upset so many of them in one quick swoop. I get misty-eyed just thinking about it."

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,938 posts
  • 12-December 08

It should be a draw, because the differences between the two balance each other out.
I'll name a few:

DUDE, this is straight up correct, the best way to explain a pink floyd vs led zeppelin thing, although in the end i would choose floyd but i still agree with you

The impressive thing for me with Led Zeppelin was how fast Jimmy Page was able to put it together in a summer and by the end of the year had a new album, and having this crazy-Beatles like schedule of touring and recording, and that's where Page as producer could work all that out while they were on the road, and when they wanted to just record at their leisure, he borrowed the Stones mobile studio and wired up Headley Grange.

Pink Floyd were given creative freedom, and I guess as long as they were selling albums that made it in the top 10, could keep going. Atom Heart Mother charted at #1 because Ummagumma had done really well, and peaked at #5. Not bad for a double album.

Funny thing - "Dark Side of the Moon" peaked at #2 in the UK, #1 in the US. "Animals" didn't peak at #1, either. "The Wall"? #3 in the UK, #1 in the US. "The Final Cut"? #1 in the UK, #6 in US.

batman007

batman007

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,894 posts
  • 23-July 06
That one was tough! It is a flip of a coin for me. I picked Floyd because I listen to them more right now.

SuperBlaine

SuperBlaine

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • 28-March 11

Not a big fan of either, but I love The Wall.

Who doesn't? It's awesome.

I don't, The wall is mostly wank. Wish you were here and Animals are by far Flods greatest imo

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,938 posts
  • 12-December 08

I don't, The wall is mostly wank. Wish you were here and Animals are by far Flods greatest imo

Wall should've been a Roger Waters solo project in hindsight, but doubt we would've had songs like "Comfortably Numb" or "Young Lust" and some others. I know they're all proud of it, but it broke the band up. "Quadrophenia" is my favorite concept album, and the story was strong enough to turn it into a stage production.

I think "The Wall" movie should've been directed by Terry Gilliam, and would've been able to collaborate with Gerald Scarfe on the animation. Scorsese should've directed the live concert film when they played New York. I just think that was left in someone's hands that didn't know how to handle filming in an arena. I've heard about plans to try to use technology to fix the film and make it worthy of official release. Roger screened his copy with the band he's been touring with.

It's not my favorite album, but feel with what Roger's doing on this tour is cool. It wasn't intended to be just an album but a multimedia spectacle. Question is if he's planning on putting a production together where he doesn't have to be in it?

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 30,382 posts
  • 03-April 03

those are good too, they're all good. That run from Meddle to The Wall was by far Flods greatest. But nothing sticks above anything else.

GivenToFly

GivenToFly

Stranger

• Supporters
  • 6,098 posts
  • 28-May 05

Wall should've been a Roger Waters solo project in hindsight,

No. There are many weak songs on the album, which are saved by the guitar work.

Check out my old GNR live megabootleg: Guns N' Roses: Live Anthology 1985 - 1994

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/204151-live-anthology-1985-1994-my-old-gnr-live-megabootleg/

and my 2006 - 2012 compilation: Guns N' Roses: Chinese Democracy Live

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/201848-gnr-chinese-democracy-live-my-bootleg-compilation-of-live-material-2006-2012/

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 30,382 posts
  • 03-April 03

Tommy suffers from the same thing, but they're necessary passages to keep the story moving along. Rock operas tend to suffer from this more than any other type of album.

arnold layne

arnold layne

Perla Del Mar

• Supporters
  • 13,546 posts
  • 17-November 06

Zep had that fuckin' sonic force to make you fuckin' move...when they felt like it anyway.

Move? Move where?

Edited by arnold layne, 17 December 2012 - 04:05 PM.

Don't waste your time on me, you're already
the voice inside my head.

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 30,382 posts
  • 03-April 03
you don't seem the moving type

Demesne

Demesne

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • 14-April 10
Pink Floyd for sure.

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,938 posts
  • 12-December 08

It prob. would've been more guest appearances, including Dave. Prob. Clapton and Beck, Andy Fairweather-Low. Doubt Comfortably Numb would've turned out the way it did. Roger doing all the singing would've taken the album down a few notches. Gilmour did a lot of the singing,but it was always awesome when it was the two of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users