The Rolling Stones vs. Aerosmith

Vincent Vega

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Aerosmith, best band in the world, really experimental, capable of mixing Hard Rock, Heavy Metal with little hints of pop music WITHOUT losing their sound in the process, Always loved each and every one of theirs albums. Hell Honkin on Bobo kicks the hell out of TSI and comes from a band that has more than 20 years together

Certainly The Rolliing Stones, Aerosmith were only good in the '70s and then, for a very brief period (until the smack too over around the time they recorded Draw the Line). They turned into a hidious cheesy dick ballad machine in the late '80s which is what they still are today; they do not even write their own material but hire elite pop 'song fixers' to write their 'hits' for teeny-boppers.

WTF? Is there even a comparison? The Rolling Stones BY FAR. Aerosmith is a good band with a couple of good albums and hits but it's SO overrated.

Couldn't agree more. The only comparison or similiarity between the two can be related to the size of the lead singers' lips.

They were not that good in the 70s really. A few good funky rock riffs (Walk this Way, Get the Lead Out) but nothing outstanding. I believe they only became big because Americans were desperate for a homespun rock band. Americans during this period were listening to big British bands (Stones, Who, Zep, Purple). It wasn't good for the, collective ego. So America said, ''that is a band that plays blues rock; that singer looks like Jagger. Let's have them''. In Britain it didn't wash. Aerosmith toured Britain in, I think around 1975, and were laughed-off the stage.

2. If you dont dig either of these bands, pray tell how some of you lot are Guns N' Roses fans ?

Often wondered that m self in relation to the toxic twins. When Slash repeats that often-repeated anecdote about discovering Rocks at some girls house and ignoring the girl, I keep thinking that I would sooner shag the girl and throw the Rocks album in the bin.