Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Elvis Presley vs. The Beatles

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Elvis Presley vs. The Beatles (23 member(s) have cast votes)

Elvis vs. The Beatles

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06
"My theory is that when it comes to important subjects, there are only two ways a person can answer. Which way they chose, tells you who that person is. For instance, there are only two kinds of people in the world, Beatles people and Elvispeople. Now Beatles people can like Elvis and Elvis people can like the Beatles, but nobody likes them both equally. Somewhere you have to make a choice. And that choice, tells you who you are."
-Member formerly known as Mr. Miser/Honky Chateau/Memnoch the Devil/Indigo Child/Clark Gable/Virgil Caine-
GUNS N' ROSES = AXL, SLASH, IZZY, DUFF, STEVEN

Dazey

Dazey

Redcoat Bastard!

• Supporters
  • 15,614 posts
  • 25-November 02
Beatles.

HV's Current Shit-list: Black Sabbath, Broskirose, Skype Crew (except Graeme), Miser, wfse and Dazey. Especially Dazey...

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06

-Member formerly known as Mr. Miser/Honky Chateau/Memnoch the Devil/Indigo Child/Clark Gable/Virgil Caine-
GUNS N' ROSES = AXL, SLASH, IZZY, DUFF, STEVEN

izzygirl

izzygirl

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,778 posts
  • 28-February 10
Elvis.

21km35y.jpg

No son ojos porque los ves. Son ojos porque te miran.

luciusfunk

luciusfunk

The Imposter

• Supporters
  • 5,632 posts
  • 21-September 05
Beatles

Hands down

Edited by luciusfunk, 13 December 2012 - 11:47 AM.

vvZ4ihN.png

DieselDaisy

DieselDaisy

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,047 posts
  • 11-August 12
Close. Very close. Beatles have the songwriting. Elvis has the voice and the status as an incredible performer. Both were innovators, Elvis at Sun Studios, the Beatles for their whole career. The Beatles barely put a foot wrong whereas Elvis stumbled, in the 60s with bad films and again in the 70s as a bloated Vegas act. Nonetheless there was only one Presley, the aura, the looks, the voice.

Elvis. Just.

PappyTron

PappyTron

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,932 posts
  • 16-May 07
Elvis, because he gave it all that he had.

However, Mama Thornton's original Hound Dog was a billion times better.

"I actually had one cute hat, and it blew off at the CVS parking lot. And this whole car full of black kids ran over it, for no reason. AND THEY SAW IT! THEY SAW IT!"

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,458 posts
  • 09-March 08
really dont like either, but there is a couple of beatles songs i like.

shallan_zps2f2c7265.jpg

“Ah, the outdoors,' Shallan said. 'I visited that mythical place once.” 

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• Supporters
  • 14,344 posts
  • 10-May 08
If Elvis hadn't existed, someone else would have been Elvis. If the Beatles hadn't existed, music would be drastically different today.

dQOAHSG.png

ChineseDemocracy2004

ChineseDemocracy2004

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,473 posts
  • 17-August 04
I chose The Beatles.
Hey everybody! Happy New Year and best wishes for 2013.

Redhead74

Redhead74

FRONTWOMAN

• Supporters
  • 8,394 posts
  • 12-July 12

If Elvis hadn't existed, someone else would have been Elvis. If the Beatles hadn't existed, music would be drastically different today.

:thumbsup:

Yep, Beatles for me too.

If izzygirl is Redhead I commit sudoku.

DieselDaisy

DieselDaisy

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,047 posts
  • 11-August 12

Totally disagree. Elvis was unique. What he was doing at Sun Studios in 1955 was just as innovative as what the Beatkes were doing on Sgt Pepper.

sugaraylen

sugaraylen

I am a Gunner!

• Supporters
  • 25,426 posts
  • 14-February 10
I refuse to adhere to the terms upon which the question is asked on the basis that no fuckin' videostore nerd with a fucking jutting out jaw can dictate the degrees of my musical taste to me :D I DO like em equally so fuck Quentin Tarantino.

Edited by sugaraylen, 14 December 2012 - 05:35 AM.

ARSENAL TIL I DIE

Fearless N***** get slapped in Manhattan

For rappin'

Big Ghost steps off laughin'

Redhead74

Redhead74

FRONTWOMAN

• Supporters
  • 8,394 posts
  • 12-July 12
The thing about the Beatles to me is that their songs have so much simplicity and relevance on the most basic of human emotions. I've been experiencing things lately in regard to human relationships that it seems that no matter what is going on there is a Beatles song that personifies EXACTLY what I am feeling at that time. It's like for every different human emotion that relates to the relationships we have with each other, there is a song to define that. I've never had that with any other band or musician. It's the genius of them and what continues to make them relevant and so loved today.

If izzygirl is Redhead I commit sudoku.

MB.

MB.

SUPER GOD

• Supporters
  • 3,590 posts
  • 15-December 08
I love them both a lot, but Beatles win without a doubt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users