Elvis Presley vs. The Beatles

Vincent Vega

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"My theory is that when it comes to important subjects, there are only two ways a person can answer. Which way they chose, tells you who that person is. For instance, there are only two kinds of people in the world, Beatles people and Elvispeople. Now Beatles people can like Elvis and Elvis people can like the Beatles, but nobody likes them both equally. Somewhere you have to make a choice. And that choice, tells you who you are."

Close. Very close. Beatles have the songwriting. Elvis has the voice and the status as an incredible performer. Both were innovators, Elvis at Sun Studios, the Beatles for their whole career. The Beatles barely put a foot wrong whereas Elvis stumbled, in the 60s with bad films and again in the 70s as a bloated Vegas act. Nonetheless there was only one Presley, the aura, the looks, the voice.

Elvis. Just.

If Elvis hadn't existed, someone else would have been Elvis. If the Beatles hadn't existed, music would be drastically different today.

Totally disagree. Elvis was unique. What he was doing at Sun Studios in 1955 was just as innovative as what the Beatkes were doing on Sgt Pepper.

Guest Len B'stard

I refuse to adhere to the terms upon which the question is asked on the basis that no fuckin' videostore nerd with a fucking jutting out jaw can dictate the degrees of my musical taste to me :D I DO like em equally so fuck Quentin Tarantino.

Edited by sugaraylen

The thing about the Beatles to me is that their songs have so much simplicity and relevance on the most basic of human emotions. I've been experiencing things lately in regard to human relationships that it seems that no matter what is going on there is a Beatles song that personifies EXACTLY what I am feeling at that time. It's like for every different human emotion that relates to the relationships we have with each other, there is a song to define that. I've never had that with any other band or musician. It's the genius of them and what continues to make them relevant and so loved today.

Guest Len B'stard

I like em for the energy. No matter what they played and no matter what it was they bought a fuckin' like...jumped up sort of spirit to it. They sounded like they were proper into it. I mean, their early stuff, a lot of it, in the wrong hands, would be very sort of meaderey and soft but they really belt it out. Songs like Hold Me Tight for instance, or Please Please Me, it's just pure fuckin' Roy Orbison innit but it just has such energy to it. Rock n Roll is very very simplistic music and it don't have a lot of mileage in it unless it's played or performed with passion and The Beatles really laid into the performing of their songs. Or Chains, now how fuckin' brilliant is that song?

I like em for the energy. No matter what they played and no matter what it was they bought a fuckin' like...jumped up sort of spirit to it. They sounded like they were proper into it. I mean, their early stuff, a lot of it, in the wrong hands, would be very sort of meaderey and soft but they really belt it out. Songs like Hold Me Tight for instance, or Please Please Me, it's just pure fuckin' Roy Orbison innit but it just has such energy to it. Rock n Roll is very very simplistic music and it don't have a lot of mileage in it unless it's played or performed with passion and The Beatles really laid into the performing of their songs. Or Chains, now how fuckin' brilliant is that song?

Yeah boy you tell them hoes Lenny.