Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

If Axl & Slash Have a Reunion, Will Their Tour Sellout Arenas/Stadiums Worldwide?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: If Axl & Slash Have a Reunion, Will Their Tour Sellout Arenas/Stadiums Worldwide? (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Will it be a sellout tour worldwide?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

ChristmasFnatic

ChristmasFnatic

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts
  • 31-August 12
Or not?

Edited by ChristmasFnatic, 13 December 2012 - 12:15 PM.

bacardimayne and I are the first official gay couple in MyGNRforum!!!

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• SILVER
  • 15,621 posts
  • 28-January 11
Yeah, they would.

Posted Image

Goddamn it! Fuckin' Game of Thrones, man.

Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth

Commander Awesome

• SILVER
  • 9,508 posts
  • 13-February 06
Not in this lifetime. Guns will never be as big as it was no matter who is in the band.
:shrugs:

ChristmasFnatic

ChristmasFnatic

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts
  • 31-August 12

Not in this lifetime. Guns will never be as big as it was no matter who is in the band.

Not even if all 5 AFD members? And with a kickass album?

bacardimayne and I are the first official gay couple in MyGNRforum!!!

Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth

Commander Awesome

• SILVER
  • 9,508 posts
  • 13-February 06
Slash's average attendance is around 1,000 people. Axl's is around 4,000 people. The other 3 can be counted in the hundreds. Add all 5 together, subtract the half that go see more than 1, and tell me how many arenas that sells out.
:shrugs:

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,437 posts
  • 12-December 08
There would be people from all over the world trying to book tickets to the first leg of the tour. Slash's presence in GNR would be enough for people to go through the trouble and spend the money to get out to see it happen. It's just the fact of so many people never seeing them together, and the potential of it falling apart being high that the demand for tickets would be bigger than some people think.

People who already saw GNR back in the day wouldn't care as much as the people who never saw them. They'd only care if the band still has it in them to kick ass, and I guarantee their memories of the shows back then would loom large than the reality of seeing a bunch of 50-somethings do a nostalgia show for them. But for the ones who never saw them? It's not nostalgia if they never got to experience it.

volcano62

volcano62

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 11,728 posts
  • 16-February 09

MB.

MB.

SUPER GOD

• SILVER
  • 3,930 posts
  • 15-December 08

Not even if all 5 AFD members? And with a kickass album?

Except for South America, they will probably not sell out stadiums, but will arena''s.

GNRSkidRow1

GNRSkidRow1

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 8,742 posts
  • 12-January 05

Yeah, they would.

sig-2.png
5-12-06/5-17-06/11-10-06/11-17-11/11-26-11/2-12-12/2-15-12/2-27-12/6-6-13/6-8-13/5-13-14

aranrod

aranrod

Full

• SILVER
  • 427 posts
  • 22-January 11

There would be people from all over the world trying to book tickets to the first leg of the tour. Slash's presence in GNR would be enough for people to go through the trouble and spend the money to get out to see it happen. It's just the fact of so many people never seeing them together, and the potential of it falling apart being high that the demand for tickets would be bigger than some people think.

People who already saw GNR back in the day wouldn't care as much as the people who never saw them. They'd only care if the band still has it in them to kick ass, and I guarantee their memories of the shows back then would loom large than the reality of seeing a bunch of 50-somethings do a nostalgia show for them. But for the ones who never saw them? It's not nostalgia if they never got to experience it.

This
1991 08-31 Wembley, 1992- 05-30 Cologne, 1992-06-06 Paris, 1992-06-23 Rotterdam, 1993-05-29 Milton Keynes, 1993-06-05 Nijmegen, 1993-06-06 Nijmegen, 1993-07-11 Werchter, 2012-06-04 Ahoy, Rotterdam, 2012-06-24 Graspop Metal Meeting, Dessel

VictorPeres

VictorPeres

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • 03-November 12
With the voice and performance of Axl now, a new tour only reason would be for more teasing.

Crash Diet

Crash Diet

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 5,177 posts
  • 22-October 11
Definitely, even if Axl sounded shit or Slash can't play anymore.
They are fucking legends.

Best post ever: Damn_Smooth about DJ Ashba

Damn_Smooth, on 20 Aug 2014 - 11:36 PM, said:

I'm butthurt that that jackass lives in a house like that. I don't have any talent either, why don't I have a mansion?

jonah

jonah

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • 14-September 04

Slash's average attendance is around 1,000 people. Axl's is around 4,000 people. The other 3 can be counted in the hundreds. Add all 5 together, subtract the half that go see more than 1, and tell me how many arenas that sells out.

I've seen slash 9 times and the only show that had less then 2000 people was the music week show in Toronto. But that venue only held 900 people. The last show I saw he sold about 9000 tickets and this is in a city of about 300k. But your axl math is about right as I've seen him 7 times and most shows were about 5k attendance. With one being about 9k and one being 14k

I'd think they would be able to fill arenas across the states and stadiums in the rest of the world v

Seen GNR 8 times, Seen Slash 11 times

evader

evader

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • 22-November 08
They didn't even completely sell out all of their stadium dates when they toured with Metallica in '92. Metallica opened in Denver at Mile High, and thousands left before Guns even started. You guys can dream about selling out stadiums all you want, but GNR on their own never could do that in the USA, and most likely never will. They could probably sell out stadiums in Brazil, but not anywhere else, even if Slash, Axl, Steven, Duff, Izzy, Jesus Christ and Jimi Hendrix were on stage.

James Bond

James Bond

• Members
  • 7,424 posts
  • 19-December 04
I think sales would be consistently better, but not enough to suddenly start selling out stadiums. Even if they had a new, acclaimed album to promote, they would still never reach the same success. Ticket sales would be very strong though. Any half filled arenas would probably turn to three quarter filled to sold out. I have no doubt they'd easily sell out most arenas in big North American markets, and would probably be able to do multiple nights at some in markets like the UK and Europe. South America they could probably do stadiums though.

5206.jpg

Toronto 2006 - Hamilton 2010 & 2011 - Buffalo 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users