Tommy Stinson leaves the stage in Delhi

Uncle Bob

"But it was not over yet. After all, what is Guns N’ Roses without some drama? After the band came out together for a final bow, Mr. Rose seemed to decide he still had one more song in him. He called the band members back on stage. Mr. Stinson seemed to balk: he was visible from where I sat nearly throwing his bass backstage, as a roadie tried to stop him. The rest of the band started playing “Nice Boys” from “Rose Tattoo,” but Mr. Stinson didn’t come onstage. Mr. Rose disappeared backstage, and reappeared moments later. He was followed by Mr. Stinson, who threw his bass onto a pile of equipment, flipped the middle finger at some crew members and left. The band finished the last song without a bassist."

Source: http://india.blogs.n...enty-year-wait/

Edited by Raykugen

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any fans still thinking this is a tight knit "band"?

Funny.

By tomorrow, this will somehow be Slash's fault and by the third page of responses will somehow cement that Axl is a God and that GnR is still the biggest band in the world.

Ali, Val22 and Gunzon will twist this to being a positive event somehow.

Then....if Tommy quits or gets fired, be prepared for hundreds of posts like this...."oh I never liked Tommy" and "he never really fit in anyway."

Edited by Groghan

Maybe Tommy was just upset over something, or this could even just be a rumor.

To be honest, despite Tommy having hated most of the songs the band plays (the old gnr songs) he seems to have fun performing with GnR. Notice how he's always smiling and interacting with Axl more than the other members? He's been in this band for over 10 years now, I think it's a pretty safe bet he isn't going anywhere.

Any fans still thinking this is a tight knit "band"?

Oh please. Tommy had an Axl moment, so to speak. lulz. Don't blow it out of proportion. He had some equipment issues and was pissed about it.

Why you're trying to seize on that and spin it is beyond me. You do realize you're wish is never going to come true? The classic lineup(s) are gone forever. Just in case you didn't get the memo.

Edited by brainsaber

Cool...just like the old days. I love it. You guys have turned into a bunch of whimps. Every time a band member does or says something negetive its like the end of the world. A little hattred might fuel some excitment. Thats Rock and Roll !

Lol at how some people defend everything that happens concerning Axl.

Band members refusing to take the stage to perform, throwing their instrument, flipping people off is NEVER a good thing. Not even in the world of Axl Worship. That doesn't make the band more punk or rock n roll.

Nor does it mean the band is breaking up or that Tommy is getting fired or is quitting.

It is a negative event. End of story. Neither forum side needs to over react.

Band members refusing to take the stage to perform, throwing their instrument, flipping people off is NEVER a good thing. Not even in the world of Axl Worship. That doesn't make the band more punk or rock n roll.

Nor does it mean the band is breaking up or that Tommy is getting fired or is quitting.

Wow. Just wow. Do you actually read what you write?

No one's worshipping Axl here, STFU. You really are on some bizarre autopilot.

A negative event? Never a good thing? Tommy got pissed and had a moment, didn't feel like playin the encore. That's it.

No one's overreacting, except you with that irrelevant lecture of a post. You sure do like to posture as some wise being. Too bad every single poster here sees right through it. lololol

A negative event? Never a good thing? Tommy got pissed and had a moment, didn't feel like playin the encore. That's it.

No one's overreacting, except you with that irrelevant lecture of a post. You sure do like to posture as some wise being. Too bad every single poster here sees right through it. lololol

Funny.

As long as my posts make people like you whine and cry, then my posts are forum worthy.

Shouldn't you be in the attitude section making topics about Slash's weight or how badass Ashba Swag is?

Your posturing comment says it all. Most people just post what they are feeling about the specific topic. The fact you would think that people posture or pretend to post a certain way, well that says a lot about you. Because only people that actually do that would think others would as well.

So if you think I'm "trying" to sound like I'm smarter than you are...well, it's probably because in your case I'm not trying to be, I actually am. As are most posters here.

But don't let that bother you. I'm sure you know way more about star wars than most of us do.

Edited by Groghan

Funny.

As long as my posts make people like you whine and cry, then my posts are forum worthy.

Shouldn't you be in the attitude section making topics about Slash's weight or how badass Ashba Swag is?

Correction: you're the poster who whines about everyone. A stunning percentage of your posts are long-winded yammering lectures about "nutters" and other vague concepts.

Not sure why you keep trying break out the attitude section insults. I know it makes you feel better about yourself, but you just end up coming off like someone who's taking the attitude section seriously. LMAO

Maybe one day you'll learn to do math, and then you can tell me the percentage of negative Axl threads in attitude, and the percentage of negative Slash threads in attitude. And if you're really bright with that calculator and search function, you might even be able to tell me what percentage of my threads are about Slash. But it's okay, I know it's easier for you to lie and exaggerate. That is, after all, your M.O. Even your supposed friends on this board admit that you're annoying. Sorry the truth hurts.

Edited by brainsaber

Someone from HTGTH who attended the show said that Axl adressed the crowd before playing Nice Boys saying the sound system might be off, and he apologised in advance if it didn't work well. (I'm not sure but they might have passed the curfew time by then).

Bumblefoot picked up the bass guitar after Tommy left the stage trying to play the bass line, and apparently it wasn't working.

Going by that, I can't see a Tommy/Axl conflict.

Someone from HTGTH who attended the show said that Axl adressed the crowd before playing Nice Boys saying the sound system might be off, and he apologised in advance if it didn't work well. (I'm not sure but they might have passed the curfew time by then).

Bumblefoot picked up the bass guitar after Tommy left the stage trying to play the bass line, and apparently it wasn't working.

Going by that, I can't see a Tommy/Axl conflict.

Silly you! With your research, facts, and data gathered from actual attendees of the show. There is no place for that here.

Tommy getting pissed means only one thing! He's out, and there's a reunion! hahaha