Tommy Stinson leaves the stage in Delhi

Uncle Bob

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd think so. GNR are bigger than the Rolling Stones in India. Someone must have filmed it.

Even so, not too many videos pop up from India shows when anyone plays there.

I don't actually know if there's a video of Tommy walking off, haven't looked for one.

Street cred for being on unreleased songs? What street is that and what planet? Only in GNR nerdland.

Stockholm Syndrome for sure.

Yeah, ur right, and it makes sense to take out our frustration on tommy since he clearly has sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much say on what gets released next.

I disagree friend

Dude, who did Guns influence? I mean, really? I don't know any band influenced by Guns, lol. They did not come up with anything new.

Emoticon-Facepalm.gif

If original Guns was only about commercial success then what can I expect from the current Axl's band? Dude you need help.

Are you guys angry because you found out that Guns was not important to rock as much as Led or AC/DC? I mean, you dont know music and rock story enough to know that, but I am teaching you a thing or two. There are plenty posters that know much more than any of us but your musical knowledge seems to be focused on Guns and all of the Hair Metal era bands and nothing else. Dont play the smart card, you are the ignorant here. I dont give a fuck and couldnt care less because Guns is by far my fav Hard Rock band, but you guys have an obsession over Guns that I cant understand. It's a fkn rock band for fucks's sake, not a divine entity. Stop all of the "ohGosh those songs cant be touched" or "they are not worthy of the GnR name", it is pathetic. It's a band, it's music. It isn't God or the 2nd Jesus coming.

Edited by Bruno Poeys

Uh, nobody said you compared them, sir. All I am saying is that you guys get angry when find out that they werent as influential as you would like to think.

Where am I angry? The one giving these "shit fuck" rants was you. And this was about The Replacements and Guns. Tommy and Slash, a discussion you started. :shrugs:

Tommy won't leave, There will not be a full on reunion of the 'Mats (maybe a show or two, or a small set of shows for the Slim Dunlap benefit). And to the dumbass who said "Tommy's too greedy for that" Fuck you - Tommy doesn't care about the money. Tommy loves what he does, both solo and with Guns. If it was about the money he'd be charging $50 a ticket for his solo shows. If it was about the money, he wouldn't be donating the proceeds from his solo shows to Timkatec.

Tommy doesn't care about the money.

So what if he does? The only people who don't care about money are people who don't have any. I am so tired of people knocking band members for wanting to get paid. I try to make as much as I can when I work, and so should they.

Unfortunately there is a stigma in his country on the wealthy. Anyone who knocks others for trying to make bank are just envious.

*makes sign language hand gestures*

How long has Tommy been with the band?

Longer than any other member in GnR history, besides Axl and Dizzy.

Makes you realise how much he has underachieved by as a member. One mediocre album of which he contributes nothing of any significance.

I am going to go out on a wire here and bet he has more money, women, success and happiness than you do, or you would not have made that statement. once again, a guy with nothing knocking someone who has something. Worst kind of poster there is. I am ALWAYS happy for others success, regardless of their level. I am gonna guess there are about eleventy billion bassists who would want to be in his shoes. makes no sense to knock a steady, healthy paycheck.

Edited by Gunzen

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Yeah since High Voltage you can see how like 14 other albums sound clearly like that 'revolutionary' record, obviously indicating a great influence on the sphere of music... their own.

Tommy won't leave, There will not be a full on reunion of the 'Mats (maybe a show or two, or a small set of shows for the Slim Dunlap benefit). And to the dumbass who said "Tommy's too greedy for that" Fuck you - Tommy doesn't care about the money. Tommy loves what he does, both solo and with Guns. If it was about the money he'd be charging $50 a ticket for his solo shows. If it was about the money, he wouldn't be donating the proceeds from his solo shows to Timkatec.

Tommy doesn't care about the money.

So what if he does? The only people who don't care about money are people who don't have any. I am so tired of people knocking band members for wanting to get paid. I try to make as much as I can when I work, and so should they.

Unfortunately there is a stigma in his country on the wealthy. Anyone who knocks others for trying to make bank are just envious.

*makes sign language hand gestures*

How long has Tommy been with the band?

Longer than any other member in GnR history, besides Axl and Dizzy.

Makes you realise how much he has underachieved by as a member. One mediocre album of which he contributes nothing of any significance.

I am going to go out on a wire here and bet he has more money, women, success and happiness than you do, or you would not have made that statement. once again, a guy with nothing knocking someone who has something. Worst kind of poster there is. I am ALWAYS happy for others success, regardless of their level. I am gonna guess there are about eleventy billion bassists who would want to be in his shoes. makes no sense to knock a steady, healthy paycheck.

The money's a factor. It's silly to say it's not. It's what he does for a living.