Tommy Stinson leaves the stage in Delhi

Uncle Bob

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like Stinson is upset with the band?

He should keep his mouth shut and let Axel handle the bands creative idea's. If his gonna quit, then he'll be a nobody and irelevant like those other former members.

Stinson is more relevant than any of the others ex-members like slash or duff.

He should keep his mouth shut and let Axel handle the bands creative idea's. If his gonna quit, then he'll be a nobody and irelevant like those other former members.

He's more relevant than any of the current members too, including Axl!

iPhones are really un-rock n roll. When I went to see Dylan everyone hung around in starbucks getting coffees then went in with Venti Lattes and when he came on all the iPhones were in the air filming the show. It was bizarre like Close in Encounters of the iPhones. And Bob came out like ET to sing.

Was he on keyboards the entire show? Last show I saw him do was on keyboards, and broke out the guitar for one or two songs.

That's some good crack you are smoking. I love Chidem but in terms of relevancy, I'm don't quite think Catcher and Street of dreams is up there with SCOM, Jungle, NR and YCBM...

That's some good crack you are smoking. I love Chidem but in terms of relevancy, I'm don't quite think Catcher and Street of dreams is up there with SCOM, Jungle, NR and YCBM...

woot? In USA tommy stinson is way more relevant than duff or slash. Replacements rock and Stinson is well knowed for that

woot? In USA tommy stinson is way more relevant than duff or slash. Replacements rock and Stinson is well knowed for that

Yeh... Cause anyone on the street could name 2 replacements songs... Compare that with VR or even Slash's solo work... Not talking about quality, but in terms of sales, exposure, music videos, tour numbers etc. That is what relevancy is bout.

Edited by Young_Gun

I couldn't name 1. I'd never even heard of the Replacements before 2002. I listened to one or two songs after that, but I didn't really like them. I've actually never talked to anyone who even knows who Tommy Stinson is, outside of a GNR concert. Even then, most of the people in line didn't know anyone in the band outside of Axl and DJ Ashba.

I couldn't name 1. I'd never even heard of the Replacements before 2002. I listened to one or two songs after that, but I didn't really like them. I've actually never talked to anyone who even knows who Tommy Stinson is, outside of a GNR concert. Even then, most of the people in line didn't know anyone in the band outside of Axl and DJ Ashba.

My sentiments exactly. Go upto anyone in the USA and ask them if they know who Slash is and chances are(not 100%) that they will say yes. Ask them if they know of Tommy Stintson and chances are much lower that they will know.

This man speaks the truth. Everything that The Replacements did far exceeds any fleeting success that GNR had with AFD.

He's more relevant than any of the current members too, including Axl!

I wouldn't go that far to include Axl or Slash, but he is way more relevant than any of the current members for sure.

Edited by MBRose

This man speaks the truth. Everything that The Replacements did far exceeds any fleeting success that GNR had with AFD.

LOLLLLLL!!!! Nice sarcasm :) I don't even think The Replacements topped Live ?!*C suicide!

LOLLLLLL!!!! Nice sarcasm :) I don't even think The Replacements topped Live ?!*C suicide!

Tommy has written some great songs and been pretty prolific as an artist.

One Man Mutiny is on par with any song Guns N Roses ever recorded, and better than quite a few.

One Man Mutiny is on par with any song Guns N Roses ever recorded, and better than quite a few.

All the bold parts are purely your opinion which I won't argue with. However if we talk about relevancy then sales, tour numbers and exposure are all that count. Have The Replacements sold more record than Guns N' Roses? I can safely say no. If you think One Man Mutiny is better than most Guns songs, that's totally fine. But when someone says Tommy/The Replacements is more relevant that Slash and Duff....

Tommy is great rock3 I have all Replacements LPs (had em before Tommy joined GNR), 1 Bash&Pop cd (Friday Night Is Killing Me), 1 Perfect cd (Once, Twice, Three Times a Maybe), 2 solo cds and ChiDem ofcourse.

First 5 Replacements records i absolutely love, rest (last two of them) i like bit less. All the other Tommy-stuff is good enough for me, but not magical imo. ChiDem is somewhat totally different beast in Stinson´s discography. I love ChiDem, some don´t...BFD :shrugs:

So, he is not celebrity...who the fuck cares :bitchfight: He is cool mofo :takethat:

All the bold parts are purely your opinion which I won't argue with. However if we talk about relevancy then sales, tour numbers and exposure are all that count. Have The Replacements sold more record than Guns N' Roses? I can safely say no. If you think One Man Mutiny is better than most Guns songs, that's totally fine. But when someone says Tommy/The Replacements is more relevant that Slash and Duff....

Musically and influentally he probably is more influential than Duff.

I don't know for sure, so this is just speculation, but it's very likely Duff was listening to Tommy well before Guns were formed and possibly even influenced by his work. The replacements were pre-1980 even, never mind 86-87.

I would also wager more music historians would list the replacements as more of an ifluence on the direction of rock music than Guns N Roses.

And to everyone's point about guns n roses being more popular - almsot every band that came out of the 80's lists Big Star as one of their major influences, yet their album sales are abominable.

Edited by kbirdie76