Tommy Stinson leaves the stage in Delhi

Uncle Bob

If he was so relevant he wouldn't be entertaining this Axl Rose pension tour.

Eureka! It just dawned on me that many of the Axl baiters here come here out of sheer frustration with the man and take it out on him here. Knowing that makes up for a lot of things :)

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he was so relevant he wouldn't be entertaining this Axl Rose pension tour.

Eureka! It just dawned on me that many of the Axl baiters here come here out of sheer frustration with the man and take it out on him here. Knowing that makes up for a lot of things :)

It's funny how people on one hand almost universally think the world is full of stupid people - yet use popularity as a measure of some quality, as opposed to the quality of that thing itself.

Seems like Stinson is upset with the band?

He should keep his mouth shut and let Axel handle the bands creative idea's. If his gonna quit, then he'll be a nobody and irelevant like those other former members.

Stinson is more relevant than any of the others ex-members like slash or duff.

That's some good crack you are smoking. I love Chidem but in terms of relevancy, I'm don't quite think Catcher and Street of dreams is up there with SCOM, Jungle, NR and YCBM...

woot? In USA tommy stinson is way more relevant than duff or slash. Replacements rock and Stinson is well knowed for that

This man speaks the truth. Everything that The Replacements did far exceeds any fleeting success that GNR had with AFD.

LOLLLLLL!!!! Nice sarcasm :) I don't even think The Replacements topped Live ?!*C suicide!

Tommy has written some great songs and been pretty prolific as an artist.

One Man Mutiny is on par with any song Guns N Roses ever recorded, and better than quite a few.

All the bold parts are purely your opinion which I won't argue with. However if we talk about relevancy then sales, tour numbers and exposure are all that count. Have The Replacements sold more record than Guns N' Roses? I can safely say no. If you think One Man Mutiny is better than most Guns songs, that's totally fine. But when someone says Tommy/The Replacements is more relevant that Slash and Duff....

Musically and influentally he probably is more influential than Duff.

I don't know for sure, so this is just speculation, but it's very likely Duff was listening to Tommy well before Guns were formed and possibly even influenced by his work. The replacements were pre-1980 even, never mind 86-87.

I would also wager more music historians would list the replacements as more of an ifluence on the direction of rock music than Guns N Roses.

And to everyone's point about guns n roses being more popular - almsot every band that came out of the 80's lists Big Star as one of their major influences, yet their album sales are abominable.

Haha, GnR fans can be funny sometimes. Record sales? Sure. Bon Jovi sold WAY MORE records than Jimi Hendrix. Who's more relevant? Bon Jovi sold way more records than Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Guns, Metallica and Iron Maiden. Quantity does not equal quality and that argument will fit if we're talking about pop acts like Lady Gaga or Britney Spears. Otherwise, no, not really. Bon Jovi sold more records than Sabbath and Hendrix combined, lol.

Edited by Bruno Poeys

But Bon Jovi IS good, very good actually.

"Bon Jovi can suck my dick!" by W. Axl Rose

Not according to Axl no... But I agree Bon Jovi always does a great live show and you gotta respect that the guys are still together after all this time.

But Bon Jovi IS good, very good actually.

"Bon Jovi can suck my dick!" by W. Axl Rose

Not according to Axl no... But I agree Bon Jovi always does a great live show and you gotta respect that the guys are still together after all this time.

I disagree. I love many of their songs but the live shows and Jon Bon Jovi in particular, disappoint me.

Any fans still thinking this is a tight knit "band"?

Funny.

By tomorrow, this will somehow be Slash's fault and by the third page of responses will somehow cement that Axl is a God and that GnR is still the biggest band in the world.

Ali, Val22 and Gunzon will twist this to being a positive event somehow.

Then....if Tommy quits or gets fired, be prepared for hundreds of posts like this...."oh I never liked Tommy" and "he never really fit in anyway."

All I have to say is how is this Axl's fault?

Tommy is a grown ass man and if he is having a hissy fit, I don't see how Axl's responsibile? Every person is responsible for their own actions. Maybe Tommy was having a bad day? Who knows and who the fuck cares? This is your fuckin job so do it! If you don't want to be part of GNR, then quit.

I just want to know how you think Axl is responsible for this incident? Because he wanted to play another song? So what? I as a fan would welcome as many songs as GNR want to play.

And you know what, if I want to defend Axl it's my choice and I don't give a fuck if you or any other member of this board have a problem with it.

I was watching Nightline last night and they interviewed the Rolling Stones. Keith and Mick at one time hated each other and Keith even said horrible things about Mick in his book and they almost broke up in the 80's because of it. Keith had to apologize to Mick to save the band.

I thought to myself, Slash must have done something far worse, for Axl not to forgive him or accept an apology. I am on Axl's side because he doesn't go blabbing all over town about the breakup while Slash always seems to be this all around great guy. Bullshit!

Anyway, no one is perfect and everyone at one time or another get on each otthers nerves, whatever Tommy's problem was, I don't blame Axl.

Axl was the one who stopped the show when a jerk threw a cup of water on Tommy's head during the Nov 17 Vegas show, so I do think Axl cares about this band.

Maybe it's Tommy who is tired of it Whatever the reason I don't think it's Axl's fault

Maybe we should blame Axl for the school shooting in Conn. this morning. It seems alot of you just love it when GNR has some drama and just love to blame it all on Axl.

Funny.

By tomorrow, this will somehow be Slash's fault and by the third page of responses will somehow cement that Axl is a God and that GnR is still the biggest band in the world.

Then....if Tommy quits or gets fired, be prepared for hundreds of posts like this...."oh I never liked Tommy" and "he never really fit in anyway."

Gunzon will twist this to being a positive event somehow.

I have never spun anything. I just go by what I have learned in my time on this planet, which is not to speak for others, which you just did. I don't think a band member throwing a fit on stage is somehow earth shattering, but I honestly don't care. If Tommy left the band, they would replace him. he has been with the band for how long?

Weird how people somehow thing bands stay intact for decades on end. BFD, just hope they don't implode before the fans get to see them.

Funny.

I have never spun anything. I just go by what I have learned in my time on this planet, which is not to speak for others, which you just did. I don't think a band member throwing a fit on stage is somehow earth shattering, but I honestly don't care. If Tommy left the band, they would replace him. he has been with the band for how long?

Weird how people somehow thing bands stay intact for decades on end. BFD, just hope they don't implode before the fans get to see them.

Funny.

Consider the source Gunzen.

*Some people* grasp at any chance to take a dig at GNRs or throw offal, a bit like bored chimpanzees, but not as entertaining nor intelligent.

Why come to a forum of a band simply to diss them? Drama Queens ..

Funny.

Funny.

*Some people* grasp at any chance to take a dig at GNRs or throw offal, a bit like bored chimpanzees, but not as entertaining nor intelligent.

A post with only insults and nothing about the topic. Interesting.

How about someone who lies about who they are on a forum (how many times did you deny being Warchild).......who is also a female pretending to be a male......lol, who is the drama queen!!!!!

Funny.

Funny.

A post with only insults and nothing about the topic. Interesting.

How about someone who lies about who they are on a forum (how many times did you deny being Warchild).......who is also a female pretending to be a male......lol, who is the drama queen!!!!!

Yet another Groghanic verbal bowel movement.

Keep the personal obvious concerns and obvious misconstrued rumors you have about me to all the pm's you have been sending mmkay miss thang?

I was simply making a commentary on how many haters/ex-fans and turncoats come here daily to hate on GNR...I think it may be a form of co-dependance or insanity/stupidity.

But whatever...carry on wit de Draaamaa :hahafyou:

I agree. it does seem like some people come in here just to bash Axl and GNR. Most of the stuff they say is made up anyway.

Unless you were there no one knows why Tommy was agitated and if it even involved Axl?

All this Axl bashing is getting old now.

If you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all or why not go to the Slash website or any other original members and talk about how wonderful they are and how they never do anything wrong or annoy anyone.

Some people here have never gotten over the original members leaving/getting fired from GNR, so they live in the past and continue to bash Axl like it was all his fault. No one even considers that what might have happened between him and Slash was just too hurtful for Axl ever to forget or forgive. it doesn't seem to bother slash and the other members who have moved on.

I think it's time for those people here to move on too. Slash has often said, if he didni't leave GNR he probably wouldn't be here, meaning he probably would be dead. For all the Slash fans you should be damn happy that he's still around and that the original GNR are a thing of the past.

Warchild,

How many times have you been banned at this forum and htgth? Why did you lie about being Warchild? Why do you lie about being a female? Why did you lie about leaving? Why do you keep coming back to a forum that you have been banned from several times?

Val.......for everybody that comes here specifically to bash Axl, there are people like you that praise everything that Axl does. So it kind of evens out.

Luckily the majority of posters don't fit in either category. We are able to chat about Axl and GnR, and can discuss the good and the bad. Htgth is a forum where only Axl worshipping is allowed......why not post there if you feel that people should ignore the negatives and only praise and worship Axl?