Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Rolling Stones vs. The Doors

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: The Rolling Stones vs. The Doors (26 member(s) have cast votes)

The Rolling Stones vs. The Doors

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06
Wellll?

You can ONLY go by the Stones' live shows and albums until 1971 to make it fair.

THE ROLLING STONES
The Rolling Stones (England's Newest Hit Makers) (1964)
12 X 5 (1964)
The Rolling Stones, Now! (1965)
Out of Our Heads (1965)
December's Children (And Everybody's) (1965)
Aftermath (1966)****
Between The Buttons (1967)
Their Satanic Majesties Request (1967)
Beggar's Banquet (1968)
Let It Bleed (1969)
Sticky Fingers (1971)

THE DOORS
The Doors (1967)
Strange Days (1967)
Waiting for the Sun (1968)
The Soft Parade (1969)
Morrison Hotel (1970)
L.A. Woman (1971)

***= Aftermath is the first album where all the songs were written by the Stones.The previous albums were mostly cover albums with only one or two original songs thrown in.

Edited by Vincent Vega, 14 December 2012 - 12:26 PM.

-Member formerly known as Mr. Miser/Honky Chateau/Memnoch the Devil/Indigo Child/Clark Gable/Virgil Caine-
GUNS N' ROSES = AXL, SLASH, IZZY, DUFF, STEVEN

Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath

MYGNR Town Sheriff

• MOD SQUAD
  • 29,618 posts
  • 10-July 07
Stones. By miles.

The Real McCoy

The Real McCoy

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 5,595 posts
  • 14-February 11
Null vote for me. Love them both way too much to choose.

"I'm the original rock n' roll cliche, Gypsy, pirate, cowboy, You wouldn't last a minute in my boots, 'Cos baby, I'm the Real McCoy" - Hanoi Rocks

Dazey

Dazey

Redcoat Bastard!

• SILVER
  • 16,622 posts
  • 25-November 02
Stones by so much it's not even funny. Oh and why can you only go with their output up until 71? Not their fault that Morrison turned into a fat lush. :shrugs:

HV's Current Shit-list: Black Sabbath, Broskirose, Skype Crew (except Graeme), Miser, wfse and Dazey. Especially Dazey...

DieselDaisy

DieselDaisy

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 6,549 posts
  • 11-August 12

The Doors were bloody good - I think some of you are underestimating how good they were. Few bands were as original and groundbreaking as The Doors, being that they possessed a classical guitarist and no bass player (Ray would fill the low end in on his organ) alongside a poet singer and jazz drummer. It is very close for me but I still went for The Stones.

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06

Stones by so much it's not even funny. Oh and why can you only go with their output up until 71? Not their fault that Morrison turned into a fat lush. :shrugs:

Makes it fair that you're considering only the material they put out while both groups co-existed. They were direct competitors in the period from '67 to '71; Some even considered The Doors to be America's equivalent of the Stones at the time. Jim wasn't a fat lush when he died. He died cause his girlfriend Pam was a Heroin junkie and apparently he was a little drunk and snorted her heroin, thinking it was cocaine. He threw up a couple of pan-fulls of blood, felt better, took a bath while Pam nodded out in a Heroin daze. The last thing she remembered was him calling for her help from the bathroom but she was too noddy to do anything.

Jim and Pam, 5 days before Jim died
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Vincent Vega, 14 December 2012 - 01:38 PM.

-Member formerly known as Mr. Miser/Honky Chateau/Memnoch the Devil/Indigo Child/Clark Gable/Virgil Caine-
GUNS N' ROSES = AXL, SLASH, IZZY, DUFF, STEVEN

DieselDaisy

DieselDaisy

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 6,549 posts
  • 11-August 12
The Doors actually disbanded in 1973. They released two post-Morrison albums, Other Voices (1971) and Full Circle (1972) with Manzareck and Krieger handling vocal duties.

Dazey

Dazey

Redcoat Bastard!

• SILVER
  • 16,622 posts
  • 25-November 02

Makes it fear you're considering only the material they put out while both groups co-existed. Jim wasn't a fat lush when he died. He died cause his girlfriend Pam was a Heroin junkie and apparently he was a little drunk and snorted her heroin, thinking it was cocaine. He threw up a couple of pan-fulls of blood, felt better, took a bath while Pam nodded out in a Heroin daze. The last thing she remembered was him calling for her help from the bathroom but she was too noddy to do anything.

But that isn't a fair comparison. You compare a band's full body of work or nothing to be fair don't you? I mean that's like comparing the Beatles to Zeppelin but saying you can only judge it on Let it Be and Abbey Road vs Zep 1-3.

HV's Current Shit-list: Black Sabbath, Broskirose, Skype Crew (except Graeme), Miser, wfse and Dazey. Especially Dazey...

luciusfunk

luciusfunk

The Imposter

• SILVER
  • 6,578 posts
  • 21-September 05
Stones easy

vvZ4ihN.png

izzygirl

izzygirl

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,785 posts
  • 28-February 10
Rolling.

21km35y.jpg

No son ojos porque los ves. Son ojos porque te miran.

OkCalculator

OkCalculator

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • 21-February 11
Stones.

Posted Image

Guest_Len B'stard_*

Guest_Len B'stard_*
  • Guests
  • --
If we're judging whole catalogue for whole catalogue i'd give it to The Doors for the simple reason that, for as long as Jimbo was with em they never made a bad song whereas there's a lot of meh stuff at certain points in The Doors catalogue but overall The Stones have the more...bigger, huger, importanter tracks. I dunno see bad question to ask me cuz i love The Doors and i reckon The Stones are alright too. I dunno, null vote, evens.

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,131 posts
  • 12-December 08
Round one: "Little Red Rooster"

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,131 posts
  • 12-December 08

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,765 posts
  • 09-March 08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HurqlWh9WI8

looks like the crypt keeper :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

i would go with the stones even though i love the doors as well.

insomnium_zps2978907e.jpg

"We're nothing more than shadows

Glimmers of hope against the black sky"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users