The Rolling Stones vs. The Doors

Vincent Vega

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Len B'stard

Fuck that man, The Doors were sick even outside of Jimbos lyrics and charisma, solos like the ones on Light My Fire were fuckin' amazing, songs like Not to Touch The Earth, My Wild Love, Spanish Caravan, these were like totally fuckin' unconventional, The Doors as a band were what drove Morrison to be as good as a performer as he was, he was kinda led by their musical synergy and there ability to build and build and build on a piece of music til he was going flat out nuts, When The Musics Over for example.

• 2 years later...

You can see Jim Morrison taking a thing or two from Jagger, but if you see the old footage of Midnight Rambler, you can see Jagger taking from Morrison. I think Jim was good with writing poetry and having it put to music, but the Jagger-Richards songwriting team and the ability to deliver shows were consistent and with The Doors, they were very uneven. The Doors made just enough albums to put them in the all time greats list. One of the greatest debut albums without a doubt.

The Doors, purely because the Stones are ruined for me as a band because I don't "get" Mick Jagger. Jim comes off as pretentious sometimes, but he carried that band. Nobody in either the Stones or in his own band has got jackshit on him (only Keith comes close as a defining Rn'R legend). Certainly one of the most iconic singers and Jagger ain't got shit on him as a frontman.

There is no solo at the end of Light My Fire.

I looked it up, it's the main synth solo of the song and it gets reprised for a few seconds at the end. I really don't like that 60s synth sound (a big part of why I generally dislike 60s prog rock is because they used it a lot).

No its not, there's a four second synth lead in at the beginning of the song that it repeats at the end, the main synth solo is nothing like those.