Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Columbine in Connecticut

• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Forum Chaplain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,547 posts
  • 03-January 04

No. Because I don't believe any form of media, but particularly musical rock or pop bands can be the 'cause' of such acts. Perpetrators may be able to relate to certain types of music or literature as a result of the situation they have found themselves in, but it does not CAUSE them to carry out the acts. If that was the case this entire forum would be committing attrocities everywhere. :shrugs:

Sorry, was just going for a lame play on words joke. Kill a beetle vs. kill a Beatle. Wasn't being serious and figured 32 years later was probably enough.

earthrise.jpg

Attention World:

"Loose" means something is not tight, for example "My shoelace is loose."

"Lose" means to misplace or to not win. Examples include, "Keep your keys in your pocket so you don't lose them," and, "The Yankees are going to lose tonight and every day this week for sure because they suck."

Thank you.

Redhead74

Redhead74

FRONTWOMAN

• Supporters
  • 8,388 posts
  • 12-July 12

I didn't say the kids in Columbine did listen to MM.

I didn't say you did. I said the media did.

No, but you did. See my post above.

Nope. I didn't. You mentioned Manson being attacked for Columbine. I mentioned that they didn't even listen to him. Ergo, it was stupid that he was blamed.

Nope, my exact words were "Just like Marilyn Manson was attacked in the Columbine situation". No mention of kids there. :shrugs:
Learn to read. This isn't the first time I have told you that.

Edited by Redhead74, 16 December 2012 - 03:57 AM.

If izzygirl is Redhead I commit sudoku.

luciusfunk

luciusfunk

The Imposter

• Supporters
  • 5,632 posts
  • 21-September 05

I didn't say the kids in Columbine did listen to MM.

I didn't say you did. I said the media did.

No, but you did. See my post above.

Nope. I didn't. You mentioned Manson being attacked for Columbine. I mentioned that they didn't even listen to him. Ergo, it was stupid that he was blamed.

Nope, my exact words were "Just like Marilyn Manson was attacked in the Columbine situation". No mention of kids there. :shrugs:
Learn to read. This isn't the first time I have told you that.

Why do you think he was blamed? The media thought the kids listened to his music. Are you really that fucking daft? I'm not disagreeing with you!

vvZ4ihN.png

rock4eva

rock4eva

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts
  • 11-November 11
NOW what have I missed ???? What does gnr have to do with this latest incident? These forums move way too fast :lol:

luciusfunk

luciusfunk

The Imposter

• Supporters
  • 5,632 posts
  • 21-September 05

NOW what have I missed ???? What does gnr have to do with this latest incident? These forums move way too fast :lol:

Apparently the shooter was a fan. The guy at Virginia Tech wrote a play titled Mr. Brownstone.

And to backtrack on the music the Columbine kids listened to, I believe I read they listened to KMFDM.

Edited by luciusfunk, 16 December 2012 - 04:18 AM.

vvZ4ihN.png

The Linguini Occurrence

The Linguini Occurrence

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,931 posts
  • 01-October 11
"Anonymous" hacked Westboro Baptist Church, reposted personal and professional information on the members. Good for them.

ErinHeidi_zps257237e3.jpg

Georgy Zhukov

Georgy Zhukov

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 14,704 posts
  • 13-August 11
Seems to be a cyber war going on against WBC.

The Linguini Occurrence

The Linguini Occurrence

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,931 posts
  • 01-October 11

Seems to be a cyber war going on against WBC.

And now THIS?????

Worshippers hurry from Conn. church, cite threat

By By TED SHAFFREY | Associated Press – 49 mins ago

NEWTOWN, Conn. (AP) — Worshippers hurriedly left a church Sunday, saying they were told there was a bomb threat not far from the elementary school where 20 kids and six adults were massacred.

At least a dozen police in camouflage SWAT gear and carrying guns arrived at the St. Rose of Lima Church. An Associated Press photographer saw police leave carrying something in a red tarp.

Guns drawn, they surrounded the rectory across the parking lot from the main church building. A large crowd of parishioners gathered outside.
There was no official report from police about the threat or evacuation.

Shooter Adam Lanza, his mother and eight of the child victims attended St. Rose of Lima. It is a Roman Catholic Church with an adjacent school, which Lanza attended briefly.
It's not clear if there actually was a threat or if, like many tragedies, whether it was a hoax or the result of a community on edge.

The church hosted overflow crowds at all three morning masses Sunday.

sweetness

sweetness

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 14,735 posts
  • 01-February 06
does it make me a bad person to wish somebody snaps and guns down WBC members as they protest? give them a little taste of "gods wrath?"

Edited by sweetness, 16 December 2012 - 02:28 PM.

Posted Image

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,458 posts
  • 09-March 08

does it make me a bad person to wish somebody snaps and guns down WBC members as they protest? give them a little taste of "gods wrath?"

no :P

Edited by bran, 16 December 2012 - 02:32 PM.

shallan_zps2f2c7265.jpg

“Ah, the outdoors,' Shallan said. 'I visited that mythical place once.” 

Val22

Val22

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,628 posts
  • 23-November 08
Today's newspaper had the names of children and adults that were killed in this senseless massacre.

Of course, the killer has offed himself, so we probably won't know why he did this?

He killed his mother in her home with her own handgun. Why a 53 year old woman would have 5 guns in her house is beyoung me?

The question that everyone has is if he killed his mother at home, why did this sick fuck drive to the elementary school and kill innocent children and innocent adults that were protecting them?

He purposely go into his dead mother's car and drove to the school and knocked out their security system and went into the school with full intention of killilng children.

Yeah, he had mental problems, so do a lot of people and they get help and don't go around killing kids.

Even though he killed his mother, he still went to the school and killed. Teachers trying to protect their students were killed by him. Thank those brave souls who protected the children many with their own lives and thank goodness for the quickness of the police department.

Despite all those good intentions, this fucker still killed 28 people. Being a mother and now a grandmother, I can't fathom how these families will get through this? I don't think I ever could. I think I would want to die with them. The pain would be too much to bear.

My heart is aching as I read each name and saw their beautiful faces, who's future was taken from them for whatever reason? What reason could there be? NONE!

If you hate your parents or some individual and you kill them, why continue on to destroy the lives of so many innocents? then you kill yourself so not to be taken to jail and tried for these horrible crimes.

I'm sorry, but I can never forgive someone who does something like this? Some parents don't blame him, how can you not? He took your child fromyou and your family? I'm not that forgiving.

I know this horrible act, will stay with me for a long time. I can only hope the victims are in a better place and are at peace and have no more fear in their hearts.

The ones left behind now have to find a way to pick up the pieces of their lives because some sick fuck hated his mother and wanted to make others suffer!

Who cries for the children? We all do.

streak

streak

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • 17-November 06
Just terrible.

the ~US government seriously has to fucking do something.
'...and I ain't tellin you shit..!'

The Linguini Occurrence

The Linguini Occurrence

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,931 posts
  • 01-October 11

Today's newspaper had the names of children and adults that were killed in this senseless massacre.

Of course, the killer has offed himself, so we probably won't know why he did this?

He killed his mother in her home with her own handgun. Why a 53 year old woman would have 5 guns in her house is beyoung me?

The question that everyone has is if he killed his mother at home, why did this sick fuck drive to the elementary school and kill innocent children and innocent adults that were protecting them?

He purposely go into his dead mother's car and drove to the school and knocked out their security system and went into the school with full intention of killilng children.

Yeah, he had mental problems, so do a lot of people and they get help and don't go around killing kids.

Even though he killed his mother, he still went to the school and killed. Teachers trying to protect their students were killed by him. Thank those brave souls who protected the children many with their own lives and thank goodness for the quickness of the police department.

Despite all those good intentions, this fucker still killed 28 people. Being a mother and now a grandmother, I can't fathom how these families will get through this? I don't think I ever could. I think I would want to die with them. The pain would be too much to bear.

My heart is aching as I read each name and saw their beautiful faces, who's future was taken from them for whatever reason? What reason could there be? NONE!

If you hate your parents or some individual and you kill them, why continue on to destroy the lives of so many innocents? then you kill yourself so not to be taken to jail and tried for these horrible crimes.

I'm sorry, but I can never forgive someone who does something like this? Some parents don't blame him, how can you not? He took your child fromyou and your family? I'm not that forgiving.

I know this horrible act, will stay with me for a long time. I can only hope the victims are in a better place and are at peace and have no more fear in their hearts.

The ones left behind now have to find a way to pick up the pieces of their lives because some sick fuck hated his mother and wanted to make others suffer!

Who cries for the children? We all do.

The police said today that while they can't yet talk about why they think he did it, they are pleased with the progress being made to confirm a motive. One thing that struck me as odd is that all the victims were either children or women, kinda strange none were men although I've always had the impression that the majority of elementary school teachers are female?

Just terrible.

the ~US government seriously has to fucking do something.

One of Obama's campaign promises from 2008 was to ban assault weapons, we know how that went ...

Edited by The Linguini Occurrence, 16 December 2012 - 05:11 PM.

Johnny Drama

Johnny Drama

I WILL EAT YOUR PUPPY

• Supporters
  • 14,645 posts
  • 14-August 07
Fucking just ban guns. No Joe Blow needs a gun.

Nobody will ever let you know when you ask the reasons why They just tell you that you're on your own Fill your head all full of lies

You bastards!

Tom1447

Tom1447

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • 15-December 08
supposedly a guy who owns 47 guns has been arrested for threatening a school

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users