Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Best Modern US President?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Poll: Best Modern US President? (42 member(s) have cast votes)

Who was the best President, 1933-1993 (New Deal-Cold War Era)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Who has been the best Post Cold War/Millennial Era President (2000-present)?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06
Who has been the best modern day US President?

Edited by Vincent Vega, 14 December 2012 - 04:25 PM.

-Member formerly known as Mr. Miser/Honky Chateau/Memnoch the Devil/Indigo Child/Clark Gable/Virgil Caine-
GUNS N' ROSES = AXL, SLASH, IZZY, DUFF, STEVEN

luciusfunk

luciusfunk

The Imposter

• SILVER
  • 6,789 posts
  • 21-September 05
Lolobama

vvZ4ihN.png

Guest_Len B'stard_*

Guest_Len B'stard_*
  • Guests
  • --
Richard Nixon

DizzyReedsexmachine

DizzyReedsexmachine

Senior

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • 21-May 12
Reagan :devilshades:
Posted Image Posted Image

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 12,278 posts
  • 09-March 08
reagan
clinton

new_zpse4d304f1.jpg

Johnny Drama

Johnny Drama

I WILL EAT YOUR PUPPY

• SILVER
  • 17,315 posts
  • 14-August 07
Clinton

"Minaj sucks and sounds like a can of smashed assholes..." -  Black Sabbath

luciusfunk

luciusfunk

The Imposter

• SILVER
  • 6,789 posts
  • 21-September 05
Reagan/Clinton

Bush 41 should probably be in the post Cold War era, really.

vvZ4ihN.png

DieselDaisy

DieselDaisy

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 7,651 posts
  • 11-August 12
FDR and Truman, your two world war premiers.

ADPT

ADPT

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts
  • 05-May 07
Nixon (gets no credit for anything so I always pick him) . Clinton.

Edited by ADPT, 14 December 2012 - 04:29 PM.

GUNSNROSES513

GUNSNROSES513

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,666 posts
  • 16-May 07
FDR I should of voted for but i voted Reagan...

Clinton
'CAUSE MY BABY'S GOT A LOCOMOTIVE, MY BABY'S GONE OFF THE TRACK.

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06

FDR I should of voted for but i voted Reagan...

Clinton

You can delete your vote and re-vote.
-Member formerly known as Mr. Miser/Honky Chateau/Memnoch the Devil/Indigo Child/Clark Gable/Virgil Caine-
GUNS N' ROSES = AXL, SLASH, IZZY, DUFF, STEVEN

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

• SILVER
  • 12,376 posts
  • 22-November 08
Reagan and Clinton

6lfBCJD.jpg

downzy

downzy

OH MY GOD

• MOD SQUAD
  • 4,378 posts
  • 18-February 06
Anyone who knows anything about American politics has to list FDR as the greatest American president of the 21st century (how anyone chose Richard Nixon is beyond me; research Watergate and then get back to us). FDR is easily in the top three of Presidents, somewhere with Washington and Lincoln. Nobody has had to deal with what FDR did during his Presidency (Depression, WW2). He is considered the greatest foreign policy president of all time by most historians (I'd sources this but I'm too lazy too, but take my word as an American studies and political scientist major).

Reagan should have been impeached over the Iran/Contra affair (directly violated the will of Congress). Plus he is the godfather of trickle-down economics that created and exacerbated the massive income inequality that now dominates the U.S. He was a pretty good foreign policy president (aside from the Iran/Contra scandal), but that's pretty much it. His only meaningful and righteous policy agenda was the 1986 Tax Reform Act. There's a much better argument for Eisenhower than Reagan if you want to give it to a Republican.

As for post Cold War presidents, right now have to give it to Clinton, but we'll see how Obama handles his second term (he's definitely in the running). Anyone voting for George W. Bush is either an inept ideologue or had their head up their ass for the past twelve years. The guy is up there with Hoover with being one of the worst presidents of the past 120 years.

Edited by downzy, 14 December 2012 - 04:32 PM.

ot262o.png

luciusfunk

luciusfunk

The Imposter

• SILVER
  • 6,789 posts
  • 21-September 05

Anyone who knows anything about American politics has to list FDR as the greatest American president of the 21st century (how anyone chose Richard Nixon is beyond me; research Watergate and then get back to us). FDR is easily in the top three of Presidents, somewhere with Washington and Lincoln. Nobody has had to deal with what FDR did during his Presidency (Depression, WW2). He is considered the greatest foreign policy president of all time by most historians (I'd sources this but I'm too lazy too, but take my word as an American studies and political scientist major).

Reagan should have been impeached over the Iran/Contra affair (directly violated the will of Congress). Plus is the godfather of trickle-down economics that created and excacerbated the massive income inequality that now dominates the U.S. He was a pretty good foreign policy president (aside from the Iran/Contra scandal), but that's pretty much it. His only meaningful and righteous policy agenda was the 1986 Tax Reform Act. There's a much better argument for Eisenhower than Reagan.

As for post Cold War presidents, right now have to give it to Clinton, but we'll see how Obama handles his second term (he's definitely in the running). Anyone voting for George W. Bush is either an inept ideologue or had their head up their ass for the past twelve years. The guy is up there with Hoover with being one of the worst presidents of the past 120 years.

Lolno. Maybe 20th century.

Obama is far worse than Bush.

Lolcanadian

Edited by luciusfunk, 14 December 2012 - 04:32 PM.

vvZ4ihN.png

AxlisOld

AxlisOld

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,019 posts
  • 08-May 05
Truman and Ike.

Clinton because he knew to just let the internet take off and not fuck it up. Sitting around getting blowies is the best thing he could have done.

Wont get into why FDR sucks.

duffman.gifstormtrooper.gif
WARNING: Consumption of alcoholic beverages will MAKE YOU AWESOME

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users