Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Gun Law Debate

Your thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
349 replies to this topic

Kasanova King

Kasanova King

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 11,282 posts
  • 02-December 04
China Gun Laws: Gun ownership in the People's Republic of China is heavily regulated by law. Generally, private citizens are not allowed to possess guns.

United States Gun Laws: Rights of gun ownership are protected by the 2nd amendment. (When it was written, automatic weapons didn't even exist). 40% of all LEGAL gun sales are done with NO background check - google private sales and gun show loopholes.

For the other 60%, unless you are a convicted felon, you can walk into a store in most states, show them your ID, fill out a few forms and walk out with a heavy duty automatic gun of your choice.

You can legally buy a gun in the United States (in most states) if you are convicted of: Battery, Domestic Violence, Disorderly Conduct, DUI, Drug paraphernalia, Criminal Mischief, drug possession under 20 grams, Trespassing and Stalking - all considered misdemeanor offenses - yes, you can buy a gun the same day as being convicted of any of the above
- 100% legal.

This day, December 14, 2012, in the United States:

An assailant enters an elementary school in the Conneticut and attacks over 20 children.

This day, December 14, 2012 in China:

An assailant enters an elementary school in China and attacks over 22 children.

The difference between the two?

The assailant in the United States had guns and all 20 children and 7 adults died.

The assailant in China had a knife and all 22 children survived.

http://www.chinanews...ents-stabbed-in

Edited by Kasanova King, 16 December 2012 - 09:00 AM.

Kasanova King

sugaraylen

sugaraylen

I am a Gunner!

• Supporters
  • 25,095 posts
  • 14-February 10
I like the way America does it.

ARSENAL TIL I DIE

Fearless N***** get slapped in Manhattan

For rappin'

Big Ghost steps off laughin'

PappyTron

PappyTron

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,808 posts
  • 16-May 07
You cannot walk into a gun store "show them your ID, fill out a few forms and walk out with a heavy duty automatic gun of your choice." That is patently and blatantly false.

"I actually had one cute hat, and it blew off at the CVS parking lot. And this whole car full of black kids ran over it, for no reason. AND THEY SAW IT! THEY SAW IT!"

sugaraylen

sugaraylen

I am a Gunner!

• Supporters
  • 25,095 posts
  • 14-February 10
Yeah, they make you wait 2 weeks innit? :lol: To see if you'll get bored of the whole massacre idea, the average American attention span being a 5 minutes that should be ample time.

Edited by sugaraylen, 14 December 2012 - 06:23 PM.

ARSENAL TIL I DIE

For rappin'

AxlisOld

AxlisOld

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 9,001 posts
  • 08-May 05
This will bring up the same issue as the movie theater shit. Gasoline and a lighter are readily available, as are household chemicals that can be explosive. Crazy people kill others, inanimate objects cannot kill people on their own.

duffman.gifstormtrooper.gif
WARNING: Consumption of alcoholic beverages will MAKE YOU AWESOME

Kasanova King

Kasanova King

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 11,282 posts
  • 02-December 04

You cannot walk into a gun store "show them your ID, fill out a few forms and walk out with a heavy duty automatic gun of your choice." That is patently and blatantly false.

Actually, in most states you can.

Yeah, they make you wait 2 weeks innit? :lol: To see if you'll get bored of the whole massacre idea, the average American attention span being a 5 minutes that should be ample time.

No, most states do not have a waiting period anymore.

Kasanova King

Georgy Zhukov

Georgy Zhukov

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 14,653 posts
  • 13-August 11
You can restrict gun control all you. It is mental health.

spunko12345

spunko12345

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,859 posts
  • 25-January 08
I just think that if the citizens feel the need to arm themselves with automatic weapons in order to protect themselves wjen there is no threat from an outside invasion then that society has failed in some way.
Jmapelian - i'll agree w/ the guy who said axl is bat-shit crazy

shutupandsing - And I'll agree with the first person that calls you a self-important little half-baked cunt cake.

Kasanova King

Kasanova King

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 11,282 posts
  • 02-December 04

This will bring up the same issue as the movie theater shit. Gasoline and a lighter are readily available, as are household chemicals that can be explosive. Crazy people kill others, inanimate objects cannot kill people on their own.

Those take time, effort, etc. A gun takes one second. Look at the guy in China, for example. He was mentally unstable and he used a knife.

Kasanova King

sugaraylen

sugaraylen

I am a Gunner!

• Supporters
  • 25,095 posts
  • 14-February 10

Those take time, effort, etc. A gun takes one second. Look at the guy in China, for example. He was mentally unstable and he used a knife.

Yeah but the point is it can still be done. I think the hardest part of murdering a fuckload of people is deciding you wanna murder a fuckload of people. When you've got that far in your head i think the trouble it takes to go get some petrol and a lighter ain't really much trouble at all.

I mean, it's by definition an extreme action or reaction, when you've reached that point, nothings too much of a stretch.

Edited by sugaraylen, 14 December 2012 - 06:28 PM.

ARSENAL TIL I DIE

For rappin'

Kasanova King

Kasanova King

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 11,282 posts
  • 02-December 04

Yeah but the point is it can still be done. I think the hardest part of murdering a fuckload of people is deciding you wanna murder a fuckload of people. When you've got that far in your head i think the trouble it takes to go get some petrol and a lighter ain't really much trouble at all.

I mean, it's by definition an extreme action or reaction, when you've reached that point, nothings too much of a stretch.

Chances are, there will be more harm done with a gun than without one, period.

Kasanova King

sugaraylen

sugaraylen

I am a Gunner!

• Supporters
  • 25,095 posts
  • 14-February 10

Chances are, there will be more harm done with a gun than without one, period.

I dunno, i think an arsonist that sets fire to a block of flats at 2am could do a fair bit of damage too. Or a homemade bomb on a train. And hey, if those thick fuckin' terrorists can put em together using fuckin' nails and perfume then i bet your average nutter could pull it off.

ARSENAL TIL I DIE

For rappin'

PappyTron

PappyTron

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,808 posts
  • 16-May 07

Actually, in most states you can.

No, most states do not have a waiting period anymore.

No, you cannot. An "automatic gun" requires a federal ATF Title II permit.

"I actually had one cute hat, and it blew off at the CVS parking lot. And this whole car full of black kids ran over it, for no reason. AND THEY SAW IT! THEY SAW IT!"

Rustycage

Rustycage

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 7,666 posts
  • 23-March 04
Too many people think their John Wayne when they hold a gun. There's no chance of changing their minds with legislation. You can't fix stupid.

*Locked*

3325a15.gif

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

• Supporters
  • 11,610 posts
  • 22-November 08
At the end of the day gun control laws can only regulate and restrict guns that are sold illegally, they will have little to no affect on those who get a hold of guns illegally, its not possible to really make a policy that can regulate both illegal and legal weapons and so the exercise will never be greatly effective.

6lfBCJD.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users