Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Gun Law Debate

Your thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
349 replies to this topic

Georgy Zhukov

Georgy Zhukov

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,716 posts
  • 13-August 11
"It won't be easy, but that doesn't mean we don't have to try"

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,473 posts
  • 09-March 08
if it ends up like the 1994 ban it will be a serious waste of time.

really liked how he brought up mental health.

shallan_zps2f2c7265.jpg

“Ah, the outdoors,' Shallan said. 'I visited that mythical place once.” 

downzy

downzy

SUPER GOD

• Supporters
  • 3,081 posts
  • 18-February 06

if it ends up like the 1994 ban it will be a serious waste of time.

really liked how he brought up mental health.

I agree. If it's like the '94 bill, with all its loopholes and lacking in real teeth, it won't budge the needle much. I do think as a symbolic gesture it's worthwhile, but I'd rather see something that would have teeth (like the Australian law, though something like that would never pass).

Saw this today, made me laugh:

Posted Image

Edited by downzy, 19 December 2012 - 10:33 PM.

Axl owns dexter

Axl owns dexter

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • 16-February 06

There are levels of tyranny, aren't there? I believe The Black Panther Party used this particular part of US law to justify arming themselves and patrolling the streets of Oakland and seeking out police brutality and unfairness against their people which, apparently, at that point in black history in America wasn't exactly hard to find on the streets of Oakland on a Saturday Night.

The leap you've made that immediately associates tyranny with drone attacks and bunker busting bombs is a little ridiculous and i believe purposely mean to be so. What if the tyranny is directed at one aspect of the community and they are not at liberty to level the entire fuckin' country with bunker busting bombs and drone attacks and end up killing 90% of their fuckin' population. And this isn't some fuckin' aincent history, this the 70s, little more than 40 years ago.

Yeah but again it's of little relevance as any of them that fired on the coppers would be shot themselves by the police. If the coppers couldn't do the job then the army and national guard gets involved and if the militias are still too strong then you might well get shit like airstrikes and drones. The point being that the idea of an armed militia standing up the authority in this day and age in the US is so farcical it's ridiculous and therefore gives no justification for an individual's right to bear arms for that purpose.

The US war in Iraq and Afghanistan say hi (low tech can beat high tech). And not only that, you'd probably have soldiers and generals breaking rank with the government and joining the militia's.

And sh*t, not only that, you'd probably have Chinese and Russian weapons flooding into the country to support the militia's and topple the government, just like we like to do with governments we don't like.

Edited by Axl owns dexter, 20 December 2012 - 12:11 AM.

Axl owns dexter

Axl owns dexter

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • 16-February 06

Big announcement coming up by Vice President Joe Biden.

I am fine with rifles and revolvers, but no need to carry assault weapons with the purpous of military and law enforcement. When the Founding Fathers wrote the right to bear arms they also wrote "Well regulated" which leaves it open for regulations. They also didn't have assault weapons back then. Just muskets and canons.

They also talked openly of slaughtering government officials if they ever got out of line. Those guys weren't f*cking around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users