Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Please share your experiences about receiving obsessive/ranting/longwinded PMs that were slightly disconcerting to you.

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

saber_

saber_

Axl Internet PR

• SILVER Supporter
  • 6,267 posts
  • 04-January 09
Have you ever received a random wall-of-text PM from a user who is apparently obsessed with you? Today when I logged in, I had (I shit you not) a gigantic wall-of-text sent to me in my inbox. It was the lengthiest, yammering PM I have ever received, ever. The user apparently has a problem with me, and outlined his issues with me and his rationalizations for his own behavior. I was blown away. I never knew anyone cared that much. I knew this guy didn't like me, but I had no idea he was that obsessed with me. It was a bit disconcerting. Have you ever been disconcerted by a PM a user has sent you on here? Please share your experiences.

edit: Since Groghan came into this thread on his own volition and subsequently openly admitted he was the one who sent the PM, I am now challenging him to post the PM here, in this thread, for all to see, to evaluate for themselves. He however, is reticent to do so. Gee I wonder why?

Edited by brainsaber, 15 December 2012 - 01:59 PM.

"THEN COME ON NOW LET'S GOOO OOOO OOOO  OOOO OOOO!"

Redhead74

Redhead74

FRONTWOMAN

• SILVER Supporter
  • 9,327 posts
  • 12-July 12
Yes, but I don't know if it was serious or joking and I'm not going to elaborate here.

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

• SILVER Supporter
  • 12,376 posts
  • 22-November 08
I think we all want to know who the PM was from.

6lfBCJD.jpg

Randy Lahey

Randy Lahey

FRONTMAN

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,646 posts
  • 29-June 06
I've had a few nasty comments written on my profile page before, but that's about it.
Posted Image
Welcome To The Jungle of Smooth Flamenco Beatz
Dre Day will make Axl's payday.

LiveFromNormal

LiveFromNormal

SUPER GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • 05-March 07
No. I don't get on people's nerves enough, and I don't have as strong of a presence on the forum to get many PMs, which is a good thing I think.

The King of Carrot Flowers
Formerly known as 'NormalGuns'

MB.

MB.

SUPER GOD

• SILVER Supporter
  • 3,726 posts
  • 15-December 08
Never had that.

AxlisOld

AxlisOld

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 9,543 posts
  • 08-May 05
I think there's a support section, and if I recall you're allowed to pm mods.

duffman.gifstormtrooper.gif
WARNING: Consumption of alcoholic beverages will MAKE YOU AWESOME

saber_

saber_

Axl Internet PR

• SILVER Supporter
  • 6,267 posts
  • 04-January 09

I think we all want to know who the PM was from.

For now I'm gonna keep the person's name a secret, although believe you me, I'd loooove to dime him out right meow. This isn't necessarily about my experience, per se. I honestly am very curious to hear about the experiences of other users. All I will say right now is that it was the longest PM I have ever received, ever. The entire thing was a reaction to me and my posts, and him blathering on and on about himself.

And lemme tell ya somethin, Star Wars fans can get fired up and send longwinded PMs... but no star wars nerd ever sent me anything like this. And that's saying something. ;)

Edited by brainsaber, 14 December 2012 - 07:53 PM.

Rustycage

Rustycage

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 7,666 posts
  • 23-March 04
Pics or it didn't happen.

*Locked*

3325a15.gif

saber_

saber_

Axl Internet PR

• SILVER Supporter
  • 6,267 posts
  • 04-January 09
Oh, it happened.

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

• SILVER Supporter
  • 12,376 posts
  • 22-November 08
I think the best one I got was after Maddy got demoted she sent me a nice long PM ranting about the whole thing and acting surprised and disappointed that I did not stick up for her, it was then I revealed to her she had banned me previously and I was using and alt account. She didn't really like finding that out :lol:

6lfBCJD.jpg

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Members
  • 6,691 posts
  • 28-April 11

I actually wrote a big letter to a certain member here two or three days ago but apparently his inbox is full or something and he can't receive PMs at the moment. Probably blocked me or has some kind of user setting that doesn't allow any user to PM him. Wrote it all for nothing :lol:

Sig2_zpsf82904fb.png

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,669 posts
  • 09-March 08
no, but i got some creepy messages from a poster that has since been banned or left.

insomnium_zps2978907e.jpg

"We're nothing more than shadows

Glimmers of hope against the black sky"

luciusfunk

luciusfunk

The Imposter

• SILVER Supporter
  • 6,525 posts
  • 21-September 05
No. Nobody ever PMs me.

vvZ4ihN.png

sailaway

sailaway

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 5,733 posts
  • 14-May 11

Have you ever received a random wall-of-text PM from a user who is apparently obsessed with you? Today when I logged in, I had (I shit you not) a gigantic wall-of-text sent to me in my inbox. It was the lengthiest, yammering PM I have ever received, ever. The user apparently has a problem with me, and outlined his issues with me and his rationalizations for his own behavior. I was blown away. I never knew anyone cared that much. I knew this guy didn't like me, but I had no idea he was that obsessed with me. It was a bit disconcerting. Have you ever been disconcerted by a PM a user has sent you on here? Please share your experiences.

Oh Hell Yes!!! Wanna share em' and compare em'?
Betcha mine are from the same person, I laughed my ass off!!!
(Do you think it actually takes itself seriously?) :crazy:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users