Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Films people hate which you love?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06
What are some films people consider 'bad' that you love?

For me:

1) Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. My feelings on the movie went back and forth for years but I've come to really really love it. B+
2) The Mummy Returns. While not nearly as good as the first film, it's a fun, mindless ride. The third film was HORRIBLE, though.
3) The Lost World: Jurassic Park. Most consider it an inferior sequel to Jurassic Park. It is, it doesn't have the "wow" factor or grandeur or awe inspiring quality of the original, but it's a really cool adventure film, and I think it works if you just look at it as nothing more than just a fun adventure film.
4) Batman (1966)--A film so purposely horrible that it wraps back around to being good.
5) Kazaam - A film that is objectively in all ways bad, but which was a film I grew up with. It's a guilty pleasure. A really guilty pleasure. Nostalgia saves it for me.
6) Batman Forever. Batman & Robin was HORRIBLE and was one of the worst films ever, but Batman Forever, while not as good as the Burton films, is fun. Maybe I'm blinded by childhood nostalgia on this one but I always enjoyed Jim Carrey as The Riddler and Tommy Lee Jones as Two Face a lot.
7) Michael Bay films, particularly Armageddon. I always enjoyed Armageddon a lot as a mindless sort of summer film.
8) The 13th Warrior. I remember seeing that one in theaters, it was really good.
9) Diamonds are Forever. It's cheesy but it's nowhere near as bad as Roger Moore's worst moments. I love seeing Connery's Bond in the early '70s for some reason. He doesn't quit fit, but it doesn't feel like a parody either.
10) The Phantom Menace. Yes, it's a horrible Star Wars film, we all know that. It really is. Put it against any of the original SW films and it feels like cheap fan fiction, even compared to Jedi. But divorce it from Star Wars completely--Look at it as just a Sci-Fi film that just happens to have the SW name and it's an average/above average film.

Edited by Vincent Vega, 15 December 2012 - 01:01 AM.

-Member formerly known as Mr. Miser/Honky Chateau/Memnoch the Devil/Indigo Child/Clark Gable/Virgil Caine-
GUNS N' ROSES = AXL, SLASH, IZZY, DUFF, STEVEN

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• SILVER
  • 16,192 posts
  • 10-May 08
I wouldn't say I love them, but The Lost World and The Phantom Menace are enjoyable. Let's not talk about JP3 or the other two Star Wars prequels though.

Other ones:
King Kong (2005): This movie just seems to get the shit end of the stick. I think it's great. Jackson did a great job capturing the feel of the depression era, and the island scenes are incredibly well done, particularly the bug pit.

Titanic: I'm a bit biased towards this one since it's the first movie I ever saw in the theater. I know it's objectively bad (at least, the first half is), but I still love it and can quote pretty much the entire thing.

Godzilla (1998): This might be another one that I'm biased towards because I saw it as a kid, but I really don't see what's so bad about it. When you take away the fact that it's called Godzilla, it's a solid giant monster movie.

Cloverfield: I fucking love this movie. Best monster movie I've ever seen. Why people hate it is beyond me.

Edited by bacardimayne, 15 December 2012 - 01:15 AM.

dQOAHSG.png

luciusfunk

luciusfunk

The Imposter

• SILVER
  • 6,644 posts
  • 21-September 05
Star Wars I - III
Jim Carrey was good in Batman Forever...Tommy Lee Jones wasn't.
Superman IV (haven't seen it since I was a kid, I might not like it now)
The Last Airbender

Edited by luciusfunk, 15 December 2012 - 01:23 AM.

vvZ4ihN.png

Kitty Softpaws

Kitty Softpaws

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • 11-December 11
Jennifer's Body and Rob Zombie's Halloween are all I can think of at the moment.
Posted Image

FuddMckagan

FuddMckagan

Destroyer of Worlds

• SILVER
  • 4,977 posts
  • 15-December 08
Once Upon A Time In Mexico
Wedding Crashers

I never knew that Titanic was seen as a shit film, I've only ever heard good things and I thought it was good. :shrugs:

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06
On the flipside, there's one series of films which most people seem to love that I used to love, but now I loathe:

Austin Powers. Seriously. What a horrible, wretched, annoying, dismal, lame series. Yes, I get it's a prequel, and yes, it's supposed to be cheesy, but there's something just...retarded...about it. It's OVERLY childish and jokey. It feels like a goddamn episode of Blues Clues sometimes. I mean, it really blows. I love Mike Myers in the Wayne's World films, but he was a one trick poney, and as I've gotten older, I've never understood how Austin Powers was so popular, or even why I liked it.

Edited by Vincent Vega, 15 December 2012 - 01:28 AM.

-Member formerly known as Mr. Miser/Honky Chateau/Memnoch the Devil/Indigo Child/Clark Gable/Virgil Caine-
GUNS N' ROSES = AXL, SLASH, IZZY, DUFF, STEVEN

luciusfunk

luciusfunk

The Imposter

• SILVER
  • 6,644 posts
  • 21-September 05
I've only seen parts of the first Austin Powers. Sooo stupid.

vvZ4ihN.png

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• SILVER
  • 16,192 posts
  • 10-May 08
Austin Powers is great you hooray for tolerance!s

dQOAHSG.png

FuddMckagan

FuddMckagan

Destroyer of Worlds

• SILVER
  • 4,977 posts
  • 15-December 08
Also, Napoleon Dynamite? Why do so many people like that movie? One of the worst I've ever seen.

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• SILVER
  • 16,192 posts
  • 10-May 08

Also, Napoleon Dynamite? Why do so many people like that movie? One of the worst I've ever seen.

it had its moments

YOU RUINED MY LIFE AND ATE ALL MY STEAK

dQOAHSG.png

Kill Devil Hill

Kill Devil Hill

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • 14-July 11
I love JP3 and hate most "comedies." Austin Powers and Napoleon Dynamite aren't funny. Nor are White Chicks and Big Mama's House.

In regards to Slash, I read a desperate fan's message about, what if one of us were to die and looking back I had the possibility of a reunion now, blah blah blah. And my thoughts are, "Yeah, and while you're at the show your baby accidentally kicks a candle and burns your house down, killing himself and the rest of your family."

downzy

downzy

SUPER GOD

• MOD SQUAD
  • 3,918 posts
  • 18-February 06
While I didn't really enjoy any of them, I honestly preferred Transformers II to the first and third installments. The first was ruined by Jon Voight (he's just horrible in this movie) and horrible editing. The third was excruciating (as hard to believe as it was that Shia LeBeouf got wheel Megan Fox, it was far less believeable he'd get a second girl who just as if not hotter than Fox).

At least the second one got a little dark with the Octimus Prime beat down.

Basic Instinct wasn't that bad of a movie, nor was Waterworld.
Also loved Snakes on a Plane, but I'm a sucker for any good intentional b-movie.

Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath

MYGNR Town Sheriff

• MOD SQUAD
  • 29,687 posts
  • 10-July 07
Jurassic Park 3

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• SILVER
  • 16,192 posts
  • 10-May 08
i liked transformers 1

dQOAHSG.png

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• SILVER
  • 14,748 posts
  • 28-January 11

Jennifer's Body

Posted Image

Posted Image

Goddamn it! Fuckin' Game of Thrones, man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users