Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Films people hate which you love?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

jekylhyde

jekylhyde

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • 07-August 05
There's a lot of movies people hate which I like/love, but these come to mind:

Last Action Hero (it was very ahead of it's time with it's metareferences and whatknot), Mortal Kombat, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, every Rob Zombie film, but Halloweens especially, The Gable Guy, Armageddon, Constantine, Terminator: Salvation, T3, Scream 4 and American Pie: Reunion. I also LOVE War of the Worlds and The Fifth Element, but I don't know do people generally hate them or not.
My instrumental/alternative metal -project:
facebook.com/acidasylum
myspace.com/acidasylum1
mikseri.net/acidasylum

sweetness

sweetness

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,906 posts
  • 01-February 06
I definitely agree with The Lost World, Cloverfield, King Kong '05, and Godzilla '98

also:

Road To Perdition: don't know very many people who liked this movie, most thought it was boring and uninteresting, personally I love it

Gran Torino: again, only know a few who enjoyed it as much as I did, maybe I'm biased because it was shot in my old neighborhood

Freddy Got Fingered: fucking hilarious, and among one of the most hated movies ever made but probably still one of my favorite comedies. It's just completely mindless humor

The Mist: just never heard much love if any for this one at all, everyone hates the ending, i love it because it delivers an innocent message in the darkest way possible; don't give up hope. I think the performances are excellent and I love the way the characters change throughout their ordeal, one of the most underrated movies I can think of

Edited by sweetness, 15 December 2012 - 05:00 AM.

Posted Image

AbominableHoman

AbominableHoman

I'm here for the Gang Bang

• Members
  • 11,520 posts
  • 21-July 04
Escape From L.A,

Star Wars Episode 1

opinion-1.jpg

jekylhyde

jekylhyde

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • 07-August 05
Oh, Freddy Got Fingered is amazing! :D
My instrumental/alternative metal -project:
facebook.com/acidasylum
myspace.com/acidasylum1
mikseri.net/acidasylum

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

• SILVER Supporter
  • 12,376 posts
  • 22-November 08
Miser I agree with you about The Lost World and Batman Forever, enjoyed both of those films a great deal.

For me Tron Legacy is a film I love that most people hate.

6lfBCJD.jpg

Georgy Zhukov

Georgy Zhukov

FRONTMAN

• SILVER Supporter
  • 15,908 posts
  • 13-August 11
The Dark Knight Rises.

appetite4illusions

appetite4illusions

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,737 posts
  • 01-April 07
The Rocketeer
The Blair Witch Project
8mm
<i>"He did a good thing here." - Chuck Klosterman</i>

Bumble's Bridge Pickup

Bumble's Bridge Pickup

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  • 18-June 10
Godfather 3.

Posted Image

Forsaken

Forsaken

Annuit Cɶptis

• MOD SQUAD
  • 14,034 posts
  • 19-February 05

There's a lot of movies people hate which I like/love, but these come to mind:

Last Action Hero (it was very ahead of it's time with it's metareferences and whatknot), Mortal Kombat, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, every Rob Zombie film, but Halloweens especially, The Gable Guy, Armageddon, Constantine, Terminator: Salvation, T3, Scream 4 and American Pie: Reunion. I also LOVE War of the Worlds and The Fifth Element, but I don't know do people generally hate them or not.

Damnit, I was going to post the exact same movie. Last Action Hero has huge nostalgia value for me, i've seen it tons and tons of times. Not many people seem to like it, though.

Cable Guy w/ Jim Carrey, too.

wq0Xdzw.gif

I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live.

Johnny Drama

Johnny Drama

I WILL EAT YOUR PUPPY

• SILVER Supporter
  • 16,339 posts
  • 14-August 07

Also, Napoleon Dynamite? Why do so many people like that movie? One of the worst I've ever seen.

Lets be friends :wub:

Oh and being a man and loving The Notebook.

BRING BACK LENNY.

He isn't banned.

DieselDaisy

DieselDaisy

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 6,315 posts
  • 11-August 12
Eyes Wide Shut.

James Bond

James Bond

• Members
  • 7,409 posts
  • 19-December 04
Love that most people hate:

- Super Mario Bros. (I don't care that it has next to nothing to do with the games - it's a fun action flick)
- Last Action Hero (fun concept, and Arnold is pretty funny)
- Star Wars II & III (I don't care for Episode I but I really enjoy II & III save for Hayden Christensen and some poor dialogue)
- The 6th Day (another fun Arnold film that nobody really talks about)
- Titanic (I shouldn't really include this because a lot of people do love it, but I know enough that hate it)
- Adam Sandler (pretty much anything up to and including Click - lots of my friends can't stand him but his older movies are lots of fun)
- D-Tox/Eye See You (different titles, same movie - great performance from Stallone and a solid thriller)
- The Grinch (the Jim Carrey one - it's awesome)
- Jingle All The Way (this is the ultimate guilty pleasure Christmas movie)

Hate that most people love:

- Napoleon Dynamite (everybody talked about it when it came out - I think it sucks the big one)
- The Hangover (same thing - everybody talked about it, but when I finally saw it I was underwhelmed)

Those are the first two that come to mind. I'm generally pretty open minded with movies and can enjoy almost anything, even stupid humor, but those two I just didn't get.

5206.jpg

Toronto 2006 - Hamilton 2010 & 2011 - Buffalo 2013

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

• SILVER Supporter
  • 12,376 posts
  • 22-November 08
Man D-Tox is an awesome film, might bust out the DVD of that tonight

6lfBCJD.jpg

luciusfunk

luciusfunk

The Imposter

• SILVER Supporter
  • 6,524 posts
  • 21-September 05
Ha! Jingle All the Way is awesome!

vvZ4ihN.png

Silent Jay

Silent Jay

Shackler

• SILVER Supporter
  • 2,986 posts
  • 04-January 12
Nicolas Cage movies.

Paris 2006/Geneva 2010/Lyon 2012

911886123.jpg

Everything is raised to apotheosis. The cradle gives up its babes and new ones take their place

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users