Who should direct the next Guns n Roses video?

saber_

As we saw from the Better video (which started out good, but then turned into amateur-hour quickly), Guns needs to select a proper video director for their next video. (see there? I was critical of the Better video, i know some of your minds are blown now, lulz).

Who would be an excellent choice to direct the next Guns n Roses video? If you're so inclined, please state why you believe that individual would be an excellent choice. What videos have they done in the past? What stylistic elements do they bring to the table? What would you like to see in the video as far as imagery, cinematography, content, characteristics, etc?

I'll start off: David Fincher. He used to direct videos before directing movies. I love his style. The opening sequences to his films (for example Fight Club and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) are awesome, and I think his style would be fitting for a modern Guns n Roses video.

¯

Edited by brainsaber

Don't really care to much, but I think It should deppend on what kind of song we are talking about, if its a strong song like Riad, Scraped, IRS or Shaclers Revenge or if it is a soft one like This I Love, Street Of Dreams or Catcher In The Rye... I mean I could see the guy who used to make the Marylin Manson videos (Floria Sigismondi was his name if I'm not wrong) giving it a try with Scraped or Riad, but I wouldn't like him to be the one who touches This I Love or Street Of Dreams for those songs I would like someone liky Marty Callner (Living On The Edge, Crying, Angel, Amazing) or maybe Andy Morahan for the stronger songs in the album (TWAT, Madagascar, Prostitute)

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Tarantino would be amazing. Featuring Michael Madsen.

How about Christopher Nolan? He'd be amazing @ visualizing Black Bond in an ITW screen adaption. He's great @ heel versions of 'heros'.

Darren Aronofsky would prob. do it to repay the favor to Axl.

Aronofsky would actually be an awesome choice. Interesting dude with some of the same kind of "dark humor" that Axl displays from time-to-time. His unmade Batman concept for example would have been cool as fuck IMHO (though I love both Nolan's and Burton's films)...

None of the above mentioned directors. Axl can't afford them.

Besides there are plenty of directors out there who are currently facing unemployment due to reduced advertising budgets who would be more than capable and more than happy to do Axl's next video. A big Hollywood name is unnecessary and quite frankly overkill, considering the predicament of just getting the next album out. Let's not count on a video at all, just an album would be great. Beggars can't be choosers.