Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Is Nicholas Cage the worst big name actor working today?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

PappyTron

PappyTron

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • 16-May 07
I like Cage, but some of his stuff is laughable, especially from an Oscar winner:

[/media][/media]

"I actually had one cute hat, and it blew off at the CVS parking lot. And this whole car full of black kids ran over it, for no reason. AND THEY SAW IT! THEY SAW IT!"

Lithium

Lithium

Do you even Lith?

• SILVER
  • 22,884 posts
  • 09-October 05
Leaving Las Vegas makes up for it.

PappyTron

PappyTron

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,969 posts
  • 16-May 07

Leaving Las Vegas makes up for it.

That's what I mean - for someone who can put in such a weighty performance as Cage did in Leaving Las Vegas, his other work is frankly appalling.

"What's in the box? A shark?"

"I actually had one cute hat, and it blew off at the CVS parking lot. And this whole car full of black kids ran over it, for no reason. AND THEY SAW IT! THEY SAW IT!"

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

• SILVER
  • 12,376 posts
  • 22-November 08
He badly needs the money and just takes whatever roles get thrown at him, I read somewhere he owes about $12 million in taxes.

6lfBCJD.jpg

Rustycage

Rustycage

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 7,733 posts
  • 23-March 04
He's only a big name because Uncle Francis had some pull.

you're so tough and manly.

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,289 posts
  • 12-December 08
He's one of those actors who can do really bad movies, but then turn it around and get a really good movie role.

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,289 posts
  • 12-December 08

I heard after "Peggy Sue got Married", Francis never wanted to work with him again, because he was a major pain in the ass to everyone, Kathleen Turner was interviewed for her book and said he was the worst actor she ever worked with.

I don't think it was all his uncle's connections, it was where he grew up and lived, taking classes, social circle being actors and hooking him up with roles. His brother's a pretty well known DJ, it would be funny as hell if Nic asked Marc to borrow money.

Rustycage

Rustycage

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 7,733 posts
  • 23-March 04

I heard after "Peggy Sue got Married", Francis never wanted to work with him again, because he was a major pain in the ass to everyone, Kathleen Turner was interviewed for her book and said he was the worst actor she ever worked with.

I don't think it was all his uncle's connections, it was where he grew up and lived, taking classes, social circle being actors and hooking him up with roles. His brother's a pretty well known DJ, it would be funny as hell if Nic asked Marc to borrow money.

:shrugs: I just find it hard to believe that someone as horrible as him can get roles without some help.
Every movie is "Nicholas Cage starring as Nicholas Cage." I don't know who is worse, him or George Clooney.

luciusfunk

luciusfunk

The Imposter

• SILVER
  • 6,722 posts
  • 21-September 05
National Treasure was alright. I enjoyed The Rock and Con-Air, as well. :shrugs:

vvZ4ihN.png

Powerage5

Powerage5

2013 Death Pool Champ

• MOD SQUAD
  • 15,783 posts
  • 17-February 06
I think his role in Werewolf Women Of The SS will be solid gold :shrugs:

13978513873_30aa82e9a0_z.jpg

Hamilton '10 | Wilkes-Barre '11 | Hamilton '11 | New York '12 x2 | Buffalo '13 | Brooklyn '13 | New York '13 | Bethlehem '14 | Las Vegas '14 x3
MyGNR's official Iron Maiden fanatic! US x20 | Canada x7 | Sweden x4 | Norway x2 | Wales | N. Ireland | England x5 | Russia x2 | Finland | Romania | Turkey | Croatia | Poland | Luxembourg | France

Rustycage

Rustycage

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 7,733 posts
  • 23-March 04
Snake Eyes wasn't too bad. He played an arrogant jackass perfectly.

LiveFromNormal

LiveFromNormal

SUPER GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,359 posts
  • 05-March 07
Adaptation anybody?

The King of Carrot Flowers
Formerly known as 'NormalGuns'

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

• SILVER
  • 12,376 posts
  • 22-November 08

I really wish they had followed through and made that along with Machete and Hobo with a Shotgun from the Grindhouse trailers, wild have been epic t have had all three

6lfBCJD.jpg

Lithium

Lithium

Do you even Lith?

• SILVER
  • 22,884 posts
  • 09-October 05
"Dear Humminbird, break out the fine china, chill the lemonade, tie a yellow ribbon 'round the old oak tree 'cause this boy's comin' home to his ladies, comin' home foreva."

Powerage5

Powerage5

2013 Death Pool Champ

• MOD SQUAD
  • 15,783 posts
  • 17-February 06

I really wish they had followed through and made that along with Machete and Hobo with a Shotgun from the Grindhouse trailers, wild have been epic t have had all three

Same, judging by the trailers it could honestly be as good as Machete (I just watched Hobo With A Shotgun yesterday and was a tad disappointed), not to mention Zombie is a great director. I believe I read that Roth is starting to work on a full motion picture of Thanksgiving. If that happens, I can't see Werewolf Women and Don't not getting made.

13978513873_30aa82e9a0_z.jpg

Hamilton '10 | Wilkes-Barre '11 | Hamilton '11 | New York '12 x2 | Buffalo '13 | Brooklyn '13 | New York '13 | Bethlehem '14 | Las Vegas '14 x3
MyGNR's official Iron Maiden fanatic! US x20 | Canada x7 | Sweden x4 | Norway x2 | Wales | N. Ireland | England x5 | Russia x2 | Finland | Romania | Turkey | Croatia | Poland | Luxembourg | France

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users