Press conference in Jakarta

izzydoezit

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if there's anything that these guys wouldn't do for a paycheck. There's definitely no question that they're willing to look like a clueless asshole publically for the right price.

Edited by bringbackadler

Why should Axl release any new music at all? Just to please a couple of thousands of hard-core GnR forum fans? Because sure as hell the millions of casual GnR fans out there couldn't care less about new music...

When did fans of a band stop caring about hearing new music? Is this a new trend in the music world that I wasn't aware of? Fans of bands just want to hear their early catalog of work, but don't want to hear new music from their favorite singer or band?

I remember when bands put out albums every year or every two years. It was an amazing time to be a music fan.

GnR put out 4 albums in a 5 year stretch........but you are saying that 99.9% of current GnR fans DON'T want that sort of output anymore. Seems weird that fans of a band wouldn't want and enjoy more music from their fav singer or band.

Why should Axl release any new music at all? Just to please a couple of thousands of hard-core GnR forum fans? Because sure as hell the millions of casual GnR fans out there couldn't care less about new music...

When did fans of a band stop caring about hearing new music? Is this a new trend in the music world that I wasn't aware of? Fans of bands just want to hear their early catalog of work, but don't want to hear new music from their favorite singer or band?

I remember when bands put out albums every year or every two years. It was an amazing time to be a music fan.

GnR put out 4 albums in a 5 year stretch........but you are saying that 99.9% of current GnR fans DON'T want that sort of output anymore. Seems weird that fans of a band wouldn't want and enjoy more music from their fav singer or band.

I think, what he meant was that 99,9 % of the fans are old line up fans and not nugnr fans. So an album with this line up is not what people are waiting for. There is some truth in it as well. Although I think more people are interested, but certainly a whole lot aren't. Not with this line up.

Edited by MBRose

I think, what he meant was that 99,9 % of the fans are old line up fans and not nugnr fans. So an album with this line up is not what people are waiting for. There is some truth in it as well. Although I think more people are interested, but certainly a whole lot aren't. Not with this line up.

I believe the majority of fans of this version of GnR are mainly here because of Axl. If Axl quit, and this band hired a new singer.....how many current GnR fans would religiously follow the new group?

Imo, an album by this band....or an Axl Rose solo album in 2013 would still sell 2-3 million copies. And if there was one actual hit song....

4-5 million copies.

The only way for the current guys to grow their fan base (and shut up the haters and critics) is by releasing quality music.