Axl please debut an entirely new song and/or current OMG in Japan.

Guest NGOG

Most bands love the creative process of evolving their sound, pushing themselves as musicians, growing their catalog of music. Even BBF recently said he would prefer the band to release new music. DJ obviously enjoys pushing himself creatively.

Unfortunately, Axl appears to not really enjoy that aspect of the music business.

No matter how many millions of fans the guy has, all who would gladly pay $15 tomorrow for a new GnR album....and would do that every year.......Axl isn't interested in the creative side of the art anymore. His focus is on touring. Maybe he loves touring, playing live, the money aspect......who knows. It is his band, and this is his vision for what GnR should be. A touring band. And yes, without a doubt, one of the best touring bands out there. Amazing lead singer, great catalog of songs, and capable musicians. It is what it is.

Fans shouldn't expect new music anymore from GnR. Enjoy what we have, see them live every couple of years. And just keep fingers crossed that one day Axl will realize that MILLIONS of his fans would love to buy, listen to, and enjoy all the music he would put out. There are millions of us that would purchase anything he releases - albums, double albums, live albums, box sets, old demos, Axl sitting at a piano, etc.

If Axl released 100 new songs on itunes tomorrow, at $1.99 per song......I would drop my $200 as soon as my fingers could hit the pay button. (imagine if 90% of the topics on this forum were about GnR music!!!!!!)

Edited by Groghan

It seems like Axl wants to make more distict statement with the records rather than evolve from record to record. U2 do three records in the same vein before making a change. Axl prob want to do something different with next one and have something new to say lyrically.

:lol: People still haven't learned that there will be no new music. Ever. Maybe you should hold your breath for a reunion while you're at it. :shrugs:

New music won't happen because there's no reason for it (demand from the fans or commercial interest from a label) but a reunion will eventually occur if any of these happens:

1. Axl needs desperately of money...

2. Axl dies before the other guys and GnR will reunite with Myles as the (new) lead singer... :drool:

but I just don't think Axl will play anything new before the next album is out (Or at least until release is imminent)...it'll be all over the net the way technology is nowadays.

?

Half of CD was played years before the album was out and were on the internet for years before release.

but I just don't think Axl will play anything new before the next album is out (Or at least until release is imminent)...it'll be all over the net the way technology is nowadays.

?

Half of CD was played years before the album was out and were on the internet for years before release.

Which is prob why we won't hear any new material live before it's out on CD/MP3 (with the exception of leaks).

:lol: People still haven't learned that there will be no new music. Ever. Maybe you should hold your breath for a reunion while you're at it. :shrugs:

New music won't happen because there's no reason for it (demand from the fans or commercial interest from a label) but a reunion will eventually occur if any of these happens:

2. Axl dies before the other guys and GnR will reunite with Myles as the (new) lead singer... :drool:

Myles as the singer of GNR? :no:

Myles as the singer of GNR? :no:

Who else then?

He seems to have been practicing it just recently with the lads...

• 2 years later...

Thats s good whish! Deserves all my support! Still few weeks for the miracle. Fingers crossed. I still believe in this hype http://inthejungle.9...topic=25526&hl=

2 albums done (22 tracks) why not Xmas 2012 or first quarter 2013. Cant believe more touring without surprises. The endless may stop someday

Thats s good whish! Deserves all my support! Still few weeks for the miracle. Fingers crossed. I still believe in this hype http://inthejungle.9...topic=25526&hl=

2 albums done (22 tracks) why not Xmas 2012 or first quarter 2013. Cant believe more touring without surprises. The endless may stop someday

:rofl-lol: !!!

You're being very naive man. It's impossible to put out an album in Xmas this year. I mean, there is only one freakin week left, release an album like that would be the ultimate flop of all times. New releases requires anticipation and promotion to sell well. Don't forget that this at the end of the day is simply a business. And you don't do business like that. Even an Early 2013 release it's doubtful, maybe a single, a announce or another kind of release (like a Blueray/DVD or Live CD) but a brand new album it's kinda more harder to release and take a little more time than that.

Being optimistic, mid/late 2013 we'll have a new album. Probably 2014 anyway...

or probably 2015

I wanna hear anything that Axl will give us, don't care if it's a CD leftover or something new ish , maybe a complete finished version of going down or OMG

If the only "new" song played on the next tour is a remake of a 15 year old song.....I might actually give up on Axl.

Ive been a die-hard Axl obsessed fan since 1987. Thats 27 years.

But each year it gets harder and harder to mentally and financially support the guy. Team Brazil wins.....the fans continue to lose.

• Like 1

:rofl-lol: !!!

You're being very naive man. It's impossible to put out an album in Xmas this year. I mean, there is only one freakin week left, release an album like that would be the ultimate flop of all times. New releases requires anticipation and promotion to sell well. Don't forget that this at the end of the day is simply a business. And you don't do business like that. Even an Early 2013 release it's doubtful, maybe a single, a announce or another kind of release (like a Blueray/DVD or Live CD) but a brand new album it's kinda more harder to release and take a little more time than that.

Being optimistic, mid/late 2013 we'll have a new album. Probably 2014 anyway...

or probably 2015

Lol

2016 at the soonest