A few questions about the Reckless Road book...

jman2000

I noticed that with the book you could also get songs somehow... I could not find the website where I was able to get the songs and the book or how ever it goes. I had to download the songs from mediafire or something... which I didn't feel right doing. But to the point here.... Marc do you have any longer versions of those songs? The song Rock N' Roll Survivor by Hollywood Rose and some songs with Axl singing in LA Guns were the only recordings I have ever heard. The snippets that were they were great but I'd really like to hear full versions if possible. Also how did you acquire these recordings? Did you record them yourself?

Thanks Marc! and have a great Christmas and New Year!

I noticed that with the book you could also get songs somehow... I could not find the website where I was able to get the songs and the book or how ever it goes. I had to download the songs from mediafire or something... which I didn't feel right doing. But to the point here.... Marc do you have any longer versions of those songs? The song Rock N' Roll Survivor by Hollywood Rose and some songs with Axl singing in LA Guns were the only recordings I have ever heard. The snippets that were they were great but I'd really like to hear full versions if possible. Also how did you acquire these recordings? Did you record them yourself?

Thanks Marc! and have a great Christmas and New Year!

I havn't heard "Rock n roll Survivor" or any songs with Axl in LA Guns, can you upload tem to utube?

Yes! Of course I could! I have not had a lot of time lately so that's why they aren't already. I will try and have them up around or before 8 tonight and I'll post the links here. There are also some other great songs I know people would love to hear that I'll also upload.

There are way to many to list... I will put up ALL of them as soon as I can. I am sorry for taking so long, I got caught up in some other stuff. I uploaded the video, but I think the audio might sound a little worse then the normal mp3. (might just be me)

If you would like the mp3 (because it sounds better) I can upload that to 2shared for you to download. I hope you like it and will try and maybe get a few more up tonight.

Edited by jman2000

That last one says "can you please give a warm welcome to Rose" not Hollywood Rose, interesting... :popcorn:

Yes, I believe the band was first called "AXL", and then later "Rose". Then they finally settled on the name Hollywood Rose. Thanks for noticing that and I might add that to the title of the video.

Also, keep checking back at my channel I will be adding more whenever I have time. It is getting late tonight, I might get 1 or 2 more up and I will put a lot more on tomorrow. I hope you like them!

that "cold hard cash" clip seems a better quality than the one already on utube.

I happen to have a full version of Cold Hard Cash (but it is only guitar and vocals) which I believe from what I can remember sounds better then most of the ones on YouTube. I also have a full That Something that doesn't sound the best, but also from what I can remember by far better then the others on YouTube. I will have time tomorrow for more so check back. Till then, goodnight and cheers! :headbang:

Well, now that I listen to that video it does sound pretty good actually. I still might post mine though. And with LA Guns I have Blood Shot Eyes, Shadow of Your Love, Nice Boys, Heartbreak Hotel, and Anything Goes.

Wasn't there supposed to be video content as well?...Did that ever happen?

I pre-ordered the book, and it's fantastic, but I remember waiting for an email, a letter, some sort of comms about links to the exclusive content (this wasn't the reason I go the book mind you, but was mindful, as I seem to recall some awesome teaser clips were posted pre-book release).

Regardless, the books is great, and I enjoy flicking through it .... in fact...pretty much every time I go scour for a book to read I pull Reckless Rd out and try have a quick flick through, which ends up in 15 - 20 - 30 min flick :)

I happen to have a full version of Cold Hard Cash (but it is only guitar and vocals) which I believe from what I can remember sounds better then most of the ones on YouTube. I also have a full That Something that doesn't sound the best, but also from what I can remember by far better then the others on YouTube. I will have time tomorrow for more so check back. Till then, goodnight and cheers! :headbang:

Well, now that I listen to that video it does sound pretty good actually. I still might post mine though. And with LA Guns I have Blood Shot Eyes, Shadow of Your Love, Nice Boys, Heartbreak Hotel, and Anything Goes.

That Something is a great song. And Bloodshot Eyes also sounds cool (hope we will ever hear the full song).

Btw, does anyone have 'Your Looks are Gone' - I think it's a song by Hollywood Rose. I have it just in shitty quality. - EDIT: Your Looks are Gone is NOT Axl or Hollywood Rose

Edited by Daedalus

I pre-ordered the book, and it's fantastic, but I remember waiting for an email, a letter, some sort of comms about links to the exclusive content (this wasn't the reason I go the book mind you, but was mindful, as I seem to recall some awesome teaser clips were posted pre-book release).

Regardless, the books is great, and I enjoy flicking through it .... in fact...pretty much every time I go scour for a book to read I pull Reckless Rd out and try have a quick flick through, which ends up in 15 - 20 - 30 min flick :)

Unfortunately, I have never heard nor have any videos. VIDEOS WOULD BE GREAT! I love watching old Guns N' Roses gigs, but have never seen Hollywood Rose (besides the backyard video, and the other one that looks like they are in an empty warehouse).

that "cold hard cash" clip seems a better quality than the one already on utube.

And with LA Guns I have Blood Shot Eyes, Shadow of Your Love, Nice Boys, Heartbreak Hotel, and Anything Goes.

1984.10.05 - L.A. Guns - The Troubadour

01 Bloodshot Eyes

02 Shadow Of Your Love

03 Nice Boys

04 If Youy Don't Leave Me

05 Stick To Your Gun

06 Anything Goes

07 Heartbreak Hotel

http://img142.images...0/guns14tr6.jpg

wonder if the songs

"if you don't leave me" and "stick to your guns" were recorded

Stick to your Guns - Black Sheep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VFTM2cRx7E

http://www.sputnikmu...In-The-Streets/

wonder if its the same song as Slash's old band

I am going to be uploading the L.A. Guns I have next. Check out my channel, I have some more Hollywood Rose up. I also forgot to mention, I have I have a lot of songs from Slash's old bands. (Tidus Sloan, Roadcrew, and Black Sheep)

That Something is a great song. And Bloodshot Eyes also sounds cool (hope we will ever hear the full song).

Btw, does anyone have 'Your Looks are Gone' - I think it's a song by Hollywood Rose. I have it just in shitty quality.

Yes. I honestly would KILL for a great quality and finished version of That Something. The clip I have of Bloodshot Eyes is not very long (45 seconds to be exact) but still gives a great feel to what the song sounds like. I also have Your Looks Are Gone, but also in not very good quality. I will also be putting that on YouTube soon.

Yes. I honestly would KILL for a great quality and finished version of That Something. The clip I have of Bloodshot Eyes is not very long (45 seconds to be exact) but still gives a great feel to what the song sounds like. I also have Your Looks Are Gone, but also in not very good quality. I will also be putting that on YouTube soon.

This 45sec clip of Bloodshot Eyes (and also other clips you've uploaded) are the samples from Reckless Road. But damn, there are bunch of great songs from pre-GN'R era. :)

I am going to upload more now, but I have something I would like someone to shed some light on. The Your Looks Are Gone song I have says its from The Cathouse, March 1984. Does ANYONE know for sure anything about this song? I have heard multiple things that it's fake, and also some that it is real. Honestly it is very hard to tell. In some ways it sounds like Axl singing, but sometimes it doesn't sound like him at all.

Axl thanking the band London, Thats the band Izzy was in for a while. Any recordings of London?

No unfortunately... no London. If I look hard enough I might be able to scrounge some up somewhere though. Maybe someone else reading this would have some recordings of them. rock4

Unfortunately, I have never heard nor have any videos. VIDEOS WOULD BE GREAT! I love watching old Guns N' Roses gigs, but have never seen Hollywood Rose (besides the backyard video, and the other one that looks like they are in an empty warehouse).

And with LA Guns I have Blood Shot Eyes, Shadow of Your Love, Nice Boys, Heartbreak Hotel, and Anything Goes.

01 Bloodshot Eyes

02 Shadow Of Your Love

03 Nice Boys

05 Stick To Your Gun

06 Anything Goes

07 Heartbreak Hotel

http://img142.images...0/guns14tr6.jpg

wonder if the songs

"if you don't leave me" and "stick to your guns" were recorded

Stick to your Guns - Black Sheep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VFTM2cRx7E

http://www.sputnikmu...In-The-Streets/

wonder if its the same song as Slash's old band

I am going to be uploading the L.A. Guns I have next. Check out my channel, I have some more Hollywood Rose up. I also forgot to mention, I have I have a lot of songs from Slash's old bands. (Tidus Sloan, Roadcrew, and Black Sheep)

Btw, does anyone have 'Your Looks are Gone' - I think it's a song by Hollywood Rose. I have it just in shitty quality.

Do you have Tidus Sloan "Rats Ass Rock N' Roll"? by any chance

No, sorry I don't. I have Dazed and Confused, Metal on Metal, Stormbringer, Funky, Blues, and What a Change.

July 20 Madame Wong - setlist

Shadow of your love

everythings ok

reckless

anything goes

rock n roll survivor

rock n roll rose

back off bitch

cold hard cash

nice boys

hair of the dog

http://recklessroad....sRoad_eBook.pdf pg25

there is a couple of songs "rock n roll rose" and "everythings ok" out there too, maybe?

pg 15

"When The Fire Dies" slash sings

"Road Crew Eats First"

roadcrew songs

http://recklessroad....sRoad_eBook.pdf

01 Bloodshot Eyes

02 Shadow Of Your Love

03 Nice Boys

05 Stick To Your Gun

06 Anything Goes

07 Heartbreak Hotel

Everythings Ok

Rock N'Roll Survivor

Rock N'Roll Rose

When The Fire Dies

Road Crew Eats First

Bloodshot Eyes

If you Dont Leave Me

Stick To Your Guns

Rats Ass Rock N' Roll

Still a few out there yet to surface, does Marc have full recordings of these?

Yes, that is what I originally came for. I REALLY wanna hear Everything's OK and Rock N' Roll Rose. If Marc has these, it would be great for him to release them somehow someday. :xmasssanta:

compare the voice on these two, what do you reckon? same era?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptpHUbK3-pw

If that is Rapidfire, which I believe it is and the song is Ready to Rumble from what I can hear, it's from 1983. You can read all about this at www.rapidfire1983.com. Thank you VERY much for this because I personally heard no Rapidfire and couldn't find any till this. I owe you everything. I am very excited to listen to this more tomorrow. Yes, this was Axl on vocals. He was not in the band very long and it just happened that the bands "dictator" Kevin Lawrence recorded a 5 song demo. They planned on releasing these, but never did. I must get to sleep now, but I can tell you more in the morning if you would like.

Also it seems have VERY good quality for being 1983.

its on page 18 of the pdf

march11.png

march 11 troubadour

To me it looks like Rosie not Rose... zoom in it's very hard to tell. Also when Axl left Rapidfire, the "dictator" Kevin Lawrence sang lead. He also sang lead before Axl was in the band. If you read the story, it describes how he always wanted a "foursome band" where there was someone other then him on vocals, and a guitarist (him), bass, and drums.

Edited by jman2000

its on page 18 of the pdf

march11.png

march 11 troubadour

To me it looks like Rosie not Rose... zoom in it's very hard to tell. Also when Axl left Rapidfire, the "dictator" Kevin Lawrence sang lead. He also sang lead before Axl was in the band. If you read the story, it describes how he always wanted a "foursome band" where there was someone other then him on vocals, and a guitarist (him), bass, and drums.

na mate have a closer look it says "Rose Rapidfire" no Rosie there

IDK man, I have the ebook downloaded and when I zoom in close there is definitely and "i" there. Lets make sure we are looking at the same one, Sunday March 11 correct? Because when I look to me it says Rosie and Rapidfire. Above Rapidfire on Saturday March 10 it clearly says Assault and Rose. Do you have it downloaded? If not download it and zoom in or else do it in you browser I am pretty sure it says Rosie. I can't take a screen shot right now because i'm not on my normal computer but maybe tomorrow. Maybe someone else could look?

Edited by jman2000

Tell us more about this band "Rosie" who was in it? So there are two bands one called Rose and the other called Rosie playing the same place at the same time. Im curious..

Same place not same time... It's a different night. But this might be the band... I'll try and find more on them now. They actually sound pretty damn cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I96bed4R6U4

Edited by jman2000

Hey Marc - just replying to this thread instead of creating another thread about your book.

I just ordered it a few days ago from Amazon.ca (the Canadian way) and it was delivered today. I haven't had a chance to go through it yet but just from skimming through a few pages all I have to say is WOW! You are a lucky man to be a part of those wicked times! The version I received was the regular cover, that was autographed. Did you autograph all the copied or did I get lucky (no homo)? Also, do you get royalties for each copy that gets sold or did you already receive payment upfront (regardless if the books get sold or not)?

Can't wait to get through it all! Thanks!