A few questions about the Reckless Road book...

jman2000

Hey Marc - just replying to this thread instead of creating another thread about your book.

I just ordered it a few days ago from Amazon.ca (the Canadian way) and it was delivered today. I haven't had a chance to go through it yet but just from skimming through a few pages all I have to say is WOW! You are a lucky man to be a part of those wicked times! The version I received was the regular cover, that was autographed. Did you autograph all the copied or did I get lucky (no homo)? Also, do you get royalties for each copy that gets sold or did you already receive payment upfront (regardless if the books get sold or not)?

Can't wait to get through it all! Thanks!

I am pretty sure Marc signs them all, and if you wanted when you bought it you could have gotten it personalized. Marc is a great author, because not many sign ALL there books for there fans. I have no problem spending $40-$50 on one of the limited edition covers, because I know the money is going to someone that actually cares about the people buying it and isn't printing lies.

No, I only sign the ones from my ebay store and now I sign the ones from recklessroad.com because I ship those out too.

I got my new copy from Amazon. Do you suspect it is forged?

No because I sell to a lot of record stores and I sign them all and some of them might sell it on Amazon. I don't think someone would forged it. If you want to take a photo of it and post it I will let you know if It was mine.

I am going to upload more now, but I have something I would like someone to shed some light on. The Your Looks Are Gone song I have says its from The Cathouse, March 1984. Does ANYONE know for sure anything about this song? I have heard multiple things that it's fake, and also some that it is real. Honestly it is very hard to tell. In some ways it sounds like Axl singing, but sometimes it doesn't sound like him at all.

fake as fuck, man

No, I only sign the ones from my ebay store and now I sign the ones from recklessroad.com because I ship those out too.

I got my new copy from Amazon. Do you suspect it is forged?

No because I sell to a lot of record stores and I sign them all and some of them might sell it on Amazon. I don't think someone would forged it. If you want to take a photo of it and post it I will let you know if It was mine.

Makes sense. I'm glad I picked it up, great book!

I am going to upload more now, but I have something I would like someone to shed some light on. The Your Looks Are Gone song I have says its from The Cathouse, March 1984. Does ANYONE know for sure anything about this song? I have heard multiple things that it's fake, and also some that it is real. Honestly it is very hard to tell. In some ways it sounds like Axl singing, but sometimes it doesn't sound like him at all.

fake as fuck, man

Are you sure on that? The only reason I think it might not be fake is because it sounds a bit like Axl. The reasons I think it might be fake are more numerous when I think about it, such as how there was never any track named Your Looks Are Gone ever mentioned anywhere else. Maybe Marc can confirm if it is real or fake?

fake as fuck, man

Are you sure on that? The only reason I think it might not be fake is because it sounds a bit like Axl. The reasons I think it might be fake are more numerous when I think about it, such as how there was never any track named Your Looks Are Gone ever mentioned anywhere else. Maybe Marc can confirm if it is real or fake?

Was the Cathouse even around in 84', I dont think it was but I might be wrong bout that.

http://www.cathousehollywood.com/history.html

cool read, it was founded in 1986.

Edited by T.wa.T

fake as fuck, man

Was the Cathouse even around in 84', I dont think it was but I might be wrong bout that.

http://www.cathouseh...om/history.html

cool read, it was founded in 1986.

I'm not sure. If it wasn't, that could prove that the track is fake right there. Still, I would like to find out what band this was if it isn't Hollywood Rose.

Hey Marc, in the link I posted above about the Cathouse, Riki says Guns played a set for their EP release. Is this when they recorded the video for Its So Easy? And more importantly is there any audio. That show in the video looks freakin awesome!!

Hey Marc, in the link I posted above about the Cathouse, Riki says Guns played a set for their EP release. Is this when they recorded the video for Its So Easy? And more importantly is there any audio. That show in the video looks freakin awesome!!

By EP, I think she is talking about Live Like a Suicide. Did they record any music videos in 1986? If I knew the date for the show I bet I could find some audio. And what video are you talking about?

Ok. LLaS makes sense for 86'. The video for Its So Easy was filmed at the Cathouse,when they did the warm up gig before the Rolling Stones shows.I was wondering if there was an audio recording of it, or a video of the whole show.

The video shoot was 10/10/89 but they did have a party for the EP xmas 1986 and that was not taped

Ok. LLaS makes sense for 86'. The video for Its So Easy was filmed at the Cathouse,when they did the warm up gig before the Rolling Stones shows.I was wondering if there was an audio recording of it, or a video of the whole show.

\

There is a video of the whole show.

The video shoot was 10/10/89 but they did have a party for the EP xmas 1986 and that was not taped

\

Was it one of the shows you taped Marc?

\

Was it one of the shows you taped Marc?

Yes I did tape the show.