new material

tange

If the best buy deal paid for chinese democracy why would the label not want Axl to release whats left?

I've heard people say the public has no interest but certainly the overseas market alone would justify releasing a 'free' album. Even the promotion costs don't explain them blocking a release.

anyone got any ideas?

Best Buy paied 14 million dollars, which is what was spent between 1997 and 2007 on Guns N' Roses music production, which includes not only the 14 songs released on Chinese Democracy, but all the 36+ finished songs and 70+ demos project made. So Best Buy paied not only for Chinese Democracy, but also for any possible future releases with the leftovers.

Best Buy paied 14 million dollars, which is what was spent between 1997 and 2007 on Guns N' Roses music production, which includes not only the 14 songs released on Chinese Democracy, but all the 36+ finished songs and 70+ demos project made. So Best Buy paied not only for Chinese Democracy, but also for any possible future releases with the leftovers.

So what? Profit is profit. If there is any money in releasing cd2 (and there is) the record company will want to release it.

I don't think they'll have another Best Buy type of deal to remove the risk of releasing it.

If I had to guess, I would say Axl probably wants a certain budget for promotion, and a worthy release for it. The record company will want to spend as little as possible on it, and after what happened with the release of Chinese Democracy, Axl will probably play it safe this time.

They need to make the right deal, and that is when Axl will feel he actually wants to release something.

Edited by Rovim

that has little to do with my question. I'm interested in the supply side.

So what? Profit is profit. If there is any money in releasing cd2 (and there is) the record company will want to release it.

I don't think they'll have another Best Buy type of deal to remove the risk of releasing it.

If I had to guess, I would say Axl probably wants a certain budget for promotion, and a worthy release for it. The record company will want to spend as little as possible on it, and after what happened with the release of Chinese Democracy, Axl will probably play it safe this time.

They need to make the right deal, and that is when Axl will feel he actually wants to release something.

based on Axl's past behavior that seems plausable. I'm just not sure how there can be so much disagreement on releasing new material. I wonder just what Axl is asking for in the way of promotion that the studio is so hesitant on delivering?

i really think a lot of it's out of spite. regardless of what beta and axl think, from the record label's perspective, they got fucked by axl -- continually investing money in a project that became less and less likely to return on its investment. the fact that azoff was able to broker the best buy deal helped them dodge a bullet. at this point, they feel lucky to have gotten out of the whole fiasco, and are happy to sit on whatever they have. axl's burned bridges. people who liked him have been replaced. his era passed. i'm sure those at the record company genuinely have no desire to work with him, or wager that any investment they make would yield returns.

also, i don't believe for a second that a second album's worth of material is finished. or even close to finished. i think if axl were to hand over a brilliant finished album, that'd be a different story. but i don't think he has a chance in hell of getting the label to give him a penny to continue tinkering with leftovers from that tainted project.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

i really think a lot of it's out of spite. regardless of what beta and axl think, from the record label's perspective, they got fucked by axl -- continually investing money in a project that became less and less likely to return on its investment. the fact that azoff was able to broker the best buy deal helped them dodge a bullet. at this point, they feel lucky to have gotten out of the whole fiasco, and are happy to sit on whatever they have. axl's burned bridges. people who liked him have been replaced. his era passed. i'm sure those at the record company genuinely have no desire to work with him, or wager that any investment they make would yield returns.

also, i don't believe for a second that a second album's worth of material is finished. or even close to finished. i think if axl were to hand over a brilliant finished album, that'd be a different story. but i don't think he has a chance in hell of getting the label to give him a penny to continue tinkering with leftovers from that tainted project.

Exactly. Couldn't have said it any better.

Just a hunch but I think the finished songs are already with the label.

Something skwerl said after his leaks in 2008, about the tracks being the first of many, many new guns n roses songs to come. Considering that the leaks were allegedly sourced from within the record company, I think they may already have the rest of the Chinese sessions already.

If the best buy deal paid for chinese democracy why would the label not want Axl to release whats left?

I've heard people say the public has no interest but certainly the overseas market alone would justify releasing a 'free' album. Even the promotion costs don't explain them blocking a release.

anyone got any ideas?

What makes you think it is the label that is preventing a new release?

I know people are against leaks, but really... come on, if you got em share em. I wanna hear the rest of the sessions before i'm impotent. Something I could at least try to ef to. And god knows how long till that happens.

Bring on, no love remains or whatever that looped clip with axl clean vox is.

I just don't get what good excuse their could possibly be to have not released anything new by now...

doesn't care and doesn't want to. Axl seems very satisfied with himself and the band at the moment. Whether that changes or not who knows?

If Axl hasn't written or recorded anything new, I highly doubt he will in the near or distant furture. Many bands tour with the material they have and fans still go out to see them. GNR still tour with the same material they've done for years and still the fans go, so why bother to do any new music when the songs you have rock.

I just don't get what good excuse their could possibly be to have not released anything new by now...

doesn't care and doesn't want to. Axl seems very satisfied with himself and the band at the moment. Whether that changes or not who knows?

If Axl hasn't written or recorded anything new, I highly doubt he will in the near or distant furture. Many bands tour with the material they have and fans still go out to see them. GNR still tour with the same material they've done for years and still the fans go, so why bother to do any new music when the songs you have rock.

Because that's what bands do. They release music. Axl doesn't presents Guns as anything less then a band that is alive, so why should I not expect him to deliver?

I'm a big fan of Chinese Democracy so it's only natural that I'll want to hear more. I shouldn't have to explain such things.

You're satisfied with just going to see live shows? Cool. I loved the show I attended this year, but 15 songs in 20 years? I think Axl can do better then that.

+1, I'm shocked thelabel hasn't dropped axl and or sued him by now

Because that's what bands do. They release music. Axl doesn't presents Guns as anything less then a band that is alive, so why should I not expect him to deliver?

I'm a big fan of Chinese Democracy so it's only natural that I'll want to hear more. I shouldn't have to explain such things.

You're satisfied with just going to see live shows? Cool. I loved the show I attended this year, but 15 songs in 20 years? I think Axl can do better then that.

She defends everything Axl does.

Your points are spot on. I love CD and would love to hear another album that sounds similar to it.

It is hard to believe that Axl fought so hard to keep the GnR name/brand alive just to tour the old songs with a group of new band members.

Why not give the current guys a chance to imprint their talents into the GnR legacy? Surely their dedication and loyalty has earned them that right.

Three million fans would love a new album.

I know people are against leaks, but really... come on, if you got em share em. I wanna hear the rest of the sessions before i'm impotent. Something I could at least try to ef to. And god knows how long till that happens.

I agree. Hate to encourage new leaks, but what the fuck! Chinese leaked you'd think the rest of that material would too...

Eventually it has to. But it also tells me nothing has ever been leaked accidentally.

+1, I'm shocked thelabel hasn't dropped axl and or sued him by now

Oh, there's still time!

Yeah, and that sucks. Defend Axl all you want, but it's ridiculous. I'll defend him til my grave that he didn't break up old gnr, but there's no excuse to not release new music at this point. He's dicked over his fans for too long. Edited by AxlRose14

Good points Groghan, but I'm really not sure that the next album(If there Is a next album) will move 3 million copies. Seeing the band twice last year In Wilkes Barre Pa and Youngstown Oh was a shock, the band played very small arenas and still had plenty of empty seats. The shows were excellent with Youngstown being the better of the two but unless the next album has a few monster hit singles I can't see It selling more then 2 million copies.

Guest LarsNorwegw

None of those sums are corect, my friendo...

Stop lying...

Stop lying...

And you have the numbers to prove otherwise, fuckwit?? hahaha ;)

Guest LarsNorwegw

Stop lying...

And you have the numbers to prove otherwise, fuckwit?? hahaha ;)

I might. And i do. But u claimed it, so lets see the numberos, buddy. Smile

What leaked looped clip with clean vox from Axl? Could you tell me about it or give me a link?

What leaked looped clip with clean vox from Axl? Could you tell me about it or give me a link?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opO160wbIQQ