Can anyone here play the Shacklers Revenge solo?

Towelie

I've long been a fan of Ron's guitar work on Shacklers, but despite having played the guitar for nearly eight years, I haven't even entertained the thought of learning to play this song. For starters, the tablature in the ChiDem songbook is wildly inaccurate.

For all the shit Ron gets for the so-called "elephant" solo, I've yet to see anybody do a satisfactory job at covering Ron's guitar solo and tapping on SR. In my eyes, I consider it a huge achievement for a guitarist to create something which nobody else is able to replicate. It's a testament to how unique and original Ron is.

A few years ago, I asked Ron if he could transcribe the tapping at the end, and he actually sent me the correct tablature for it, which he'd written out himself. How cool is that??

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder why, when people are seeking help and discussion on something they enjoy, there's always a few assholes creeping in to ruin things.

It took me some time to enjoy SR, especially Bucket distorted guitars and Bumble's solo - but now it's probably one of my favorite song from CD. Would indeed be cool to see someone trying to play the solo!

I'm a fan of GN'R.

#yesitspossibletoenjoyalleras

I completely agree. I don't care too much for album-version of SR but it is killer live! Axl sings the "I don't believe there's a reason" part differently live, and it works better IMO.

Guthrie Govan probably could... he's able to play fretless too.

Yes, Guthrie could. Other than him, maybe a few fretless virtuosos out there could do the fretless bit and then the fretted bit?

For those of you that don't know when Ron switches neck, he plays fretless from 2:17 to 2:32, then he plays the fretted neck from 2:32 to 2:47. Thing is - both the fretless and fretted bits are extremely technical, that means that you have to be a master at both, fretless and fretted guitars. And no, I haven't seen anyone doing that, not even those technical YouTube players.