Why do people act as if nobody gives a shit about a new GNR album from the current band?

Towelie

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well a new album would sell well since most casual CD buyers don't even know Slash is out of the band.

The name is part of the equation. It won't become multiplatinum just because part of a fanbase believes Slash is in GNR. Another part of the equation is good songs.

Well a new album would sell well since most casual CD buyers don't even know Slash is out of the band.

Wow, you really believe that shit, don't you? Time to come back to reality. Slash made himself a second career with Velvet Revolver. Slash has had a strong media presence for years. He's had multiple interviews talking about being out of Guns. He's released multiple albums. GnR performed at the VMAs in 2002, which garnered significant attention. GnR continues to tour without Slash. GnR released an album without Slash, which garnered significant attention.

Most people know Slash is out of the band by now. Sorry.

Edited by brainsaber

What's funny is if Axl and Izzy made an album and did a RS cover, it would be be huge, and nominated for the highest awards (but would ultimately lose out to...Adele or some shit).

I agree with the OP for the most part. A lot of people here dont really know shit about music, rock n roll especially, or what GNR represents. Just some very small gestures on Axl's part would make the band big popular culture-wise.

Wow, you really believe that shit, don't you? Time to come back to reality. Slash made himself a second career with Velvet Revolver. Slash has had a strong media presence for years. He's had multiple interviews talking about being out of Guns. He's released multiple albums. GnR performed at the VMAs in 2002, which garnered significant attention. GnR continues to tour without Slash. GnR released an album without Slash, which garnered significant attention.

Candyland sounds awesome.

Yeeeaaahh.... You're wrong, though. Most people don't. End of story.

Have a nice day.

Well then, it's a good thing that Axl continues to tour with nΣwGuns, so that they can get the word out. He only debuted it 10 years ago, but since you're so sure you're right, then clearly it's important Axl keep exposing the public to this lineup, to avoid any confusion.

I just think you're confused about the difference between knowing who's in the band nowadays vs knowing Slash isn't in the band. Two different concepts. People don't know who the hell is in the band, but they know Slash is long gone.

You're not the only one with the internet. :thumbsup:

Man, the forum is definitely looking better every day and not headed in the shitter at all.

Great job by the people in charge.

Hey, did you call Ron out already? He said he doesn't use any pedals on the solo, just the fretless and the thimble combo, so you must tell him that he's retarded.

See, your arrogance made you look even more pathetic and retarded than before.

Bruno what part of me not wanting to argue with a retard like you didn't you understand? Stop following me around with your uninformed, idiotic shit.

Stop mentioning my name or replying to my posts, please.

THANK YOU!

Brainsaber - I don't think you're right. Obviosly people have internet, but if you think 90% of the average folk are sitting at home googling Axl Rose, you're delusional. I would change my initial statement to - Most average CD buyers are not even sure if Slash is in the band.

Edited by Projected

The kind of people who take an album to 20 million sales dont care about the line up. Not that they are bad people in anyway at all. But you are kidding yourself if you think every copy of Afd or uyi went to well informed fan. I personally know 4 people who bought Afd for SCOM and knew nothing about the band literally nothing couldnt name a band member. They bought it cos scom went no 1.

Projected, you were just proven wrong, now you're trying to avoid me. Your arrogance made you look even worse than before. Thank you for proving me that you're the retarded here. Oh, I'm not uninformed, by the way.

I don't give a fuck about you, really. The less people like you around, the better. I just wanted to make you look pathetic by proving you wrong. Now I'm here to laugh at you, nothing else.

Everytime Slash shows up on TV or Radio, they still call him the Guns N'Roses guitarist.

Truth be known, when ever Guns N'Roses music is played on the radio, it usually has Slash on the records they choose to play..

Edited by star

You started a post with this same first sentence in another thread saying 1000 people mostly wouldn't know November rain or use your illusions... calling the other person to come back to reality... now people should come back to reality who think people don't know the guitar player is out of the band? Two opinions of yours, on extreme ends from eachother, and both wrong.

i'll bet if you asked a thousand strangers if they new november rain, you'd get plenty of happy replies. but try asking that with... i don't know, what was the most popular song form chinese democracy? better? okay, ask a thousand strangers if they ever heard better. then try to remember their blank stares next time you awaken at night, angry and confused as to why there's no sequel to chinese democracy.

Actually, i was listening to GNR with a friend that aren't even a fan of the band, and when better started, i was going to skip the song, then she said "hey, i like this song, let it play!" she didn't remember where she heard it, but she heard it...ok, fuck this story LOL. But, why the next album have to be a sequence to chinese?? Why people always refer to this as "CD II"?? Why can't it be just a new album having nothing to do with CD??

Everyone brings up sales and how much it will sell...I don't think axl really cares about sales. I think he releases music to put his "art" out there. I think he enjoys the aspect of tinkering in the studio etc. even years before Chinese he would talk about it and play songs off it and seemed proud of it. It doesn't eem like he has that drive anymore. He doesn't talk about new music and seems on autopilot...just my opinion. I don't think it affects him if "no one gives a shit about a new GnR album". I think he releases music for the love of music not for money. And I do think an album would perform well...due to the extensive touring.

Everyone brings up sales and how much it will sell...I don't think axl really cares about sales. I think he releases music to put his "art" out there. I think he enjoys the aspect of tinkering in the studio etc. even years before Chinese he would talk about it and play songs off it and seemed proud of it. It doesn't eem like he has that drive anymore. He doesn't talk about new music and seems on autopilot...just my opinion. I don't think it affects him if "no one gives a shit about a new GnR album". I think he releases music for the love of music not for money. And I do think an album would perform well...due to the extensive touring.

Extensive touring for an album that didn't have any impact since 2008 when it was released, shows love for money, not love for music. If he put his lazy ass in the studio and made a new album, then he could prove the opposite.

You are right, he doesn't seem to be interested or have a drive for new stuff. I would guess that he is dissapointed and miserable reg. music.

He probably expected CD to be bigger, he probably expected nuGNR to equal or surpass GNR and that probably had the greatest impact on him.

I agree that a new GnR record will sell well.

Disagree that Axl just has a love for music. One album of original material in twenty years points that he dislikes creating music, but loves touring the classic hits.

Extensive touring for an album that didn't have any impact since 2008 when it was released, shows love for money, not love for music. If he put his lazy ass in the studio and made a new album, then he could prove the opposite.

You are right, he doesn't seem to be interested or have a drive for new stuff. I would guess that he is dissapointed and miserable reg. music.

He probably expected CD to be bigger, he probably expected nuGNR to equal or surpass GNR and that probably had the greatest impact on him.

He definitley put the new band together with that kind of intent. Names like bucket, tommy, robin, and brain were known by those involved in the music industry. They were the ideal replacements for sure and without question created a band that rivaled what the original band did. They showed that potential during shows, even with chinese.

The dissapointing thing is that since those guys left, they've been replaced by guys no one has ever heard of. Aka No-name musicians who will do whatever Axl wants. Axl's the boss, and he just wants $$$$$

Everytime Slash shows up on TV or Radio, they still call him the Guns N'Roses guitarist.

Truth be known, when ever Guns N'Roses music is played on the radio, it usually has Slash on the records they choose to play..

Every time a reporter talks with Slash, he makes it clear he's not in the band anymore. It's happened repeatedly.

You started a post with this same first sentence in another thread saying 1000 people mostly wouldn't know November rain or use your illusions... calling the other person to come back to reality... now people should come back to reality who think people don't know the guitar player is out of the band? Two opinions of yours, on extreme ends from eachother, and both wrong.

First of all, please stop pretending like "come back to reality" is some super offensive cut down. Notice how you're the only one who seems fixated on that phrasing. Get over it. It's a smartassed remark, not some grandiose insult.

Secondly, THIS is what I said in the other thread, not your half-assed cliffs notes misrepresentation. Here it is, in full context:

i'll bet if you asked a thousand strangers if they new november rain, you'd get plenty of happy replies. but try asking that with... i don't know, what was the most popular song form chinese democracy? better? okay, ask a thousand strangers if they ever heard better. then try to remember their blank stares next time you awaken at night, angry and confused as to why there's no sequel to chinese democracy.

Time to come back to reality. I know you probably don't know much about the world of statistics, but your entire argument is predicated on asking people of a certain age group. Otherwise... hate to break it to ya, Chinese Democracy and Use Your Illusion are just about equal in terms of obscure trivia for random strangers.

Just so we're clear: Do I admit that, on average, more people will know about Use Your Illusions than Chinese Democracy? Yes. But you'll notice the way I phrased it. If you ask a bunch of people who are under 30, it starts to become more even in terms of obscurity. If you ask a bunch of people under 25, it becomes even more even. If you think I'm wrong about that, fine. You can tell me to "come back to reality" and I won't get all 'offended' or upset about it.

As far as the general public knowing Slash isn't in the band anymore, I believe most of them know. Slash may be associated with Guns n Roses, but that doesn't mean the general public knows all the Guns' albums. They know the hits. The radio cuts. Hopefully you can see the different contexts between knowing Slash isn't in the band and knowing GnR's discography.

edit: replaced one word

Edited by brainsaber

I think what the media was GNR as these bad boy fuck ups. And didnt and dont care about the music much. And they definitely dont care bcos they were selling magazines off the antics of tjose members. So now all they care about is getting bad boys back and selling the survivor stories that America loves so much. Its hard to tell the real story, its not smaltzy or fun. Some have tried to say how great the current guys are live that CD is good album. But it doesnt sell like rock n roll cliches.

I think ultimately he took the sub par success of CD too personally as he seems like a guy that takes things personally. It understandable if he is miserable about how the Chinese release went but he had every chance to fix it. He could have promoted it and not notably made corrections to the mistake ridden booklet. Even a re release. Who knows...maybe he did make a trilogy worth of songs and is burnt out and trying to regain funds. That still doesn't answer why he doesn't release any of it.