Layla (Piano Exit)

Vincent Vega

Gordon developed schizophrenia and began to hear voices, including those of his mother, which forced him to starve himself and prevented him from sleeping, relaxing or playing drums.[4] In 1983 he attacked his mother with a hammer before fatally stabbing her.[3][5][6] Though at trial the court accepted that Gordon had acute schizophrenia he was not allowed to use an insanity defense because of changes to California law due to the Insanity Defense Reform Act.[4] On July 10, 1984 Gordon was sentenced to 16 years to life in prison.[7]

I think he's done his time, but supposedly he either turned down the parole hearing because he didn't feel ready, or was denied parole. It's horrible what he did, he had drug problems and killed his mother, but doesn't make him a menace to society and if he's been fine all these years, why not let him out? It's not like he wouldn't have any money getting out. Everyone who's ever worked with him said he was a really nice guy and a lot of fun, didn't see this dark side in him. As long as he's on meds, hasn't heard voices in his head for 30 years, and someone's checking on him, I don't see how he'd be a danger.

Phil Spector & OJ SImpson will prob. find a way out of prison before Jim Gordon does.

As far as I know, Derek and the Dominos only did the song live once or twice, but on here (with Duane as a special guest), you can tell the piano part hadn't been written yet.

Seeing Eric do this live with Derek Trucks a few years back was def. memorable. I HATED the unplugged version. I love the chaos and beauty of the original, as much as it's been overplayed.