Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Walking Papers (Duff) - Thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

hudsonsaul

hudsonsaul

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • 11-September 05
Howdy folk.

Just checked out Antiquiet to fill some time and saw this: http://www.antiquiet...walking-papers/ (Walking Papers)

A band featuring Duff on bass....only up to the second song,...but imo,.. so far it's the best stuff I've heard Duff do since GnR days, and already better then all the other old guns guys solo projects (imo of course, as its more to my tastes than Slashs work).

Bold statement I know, and I'm not trying to troll, so take a listen and post your thoughts. Keen to hear them.

Don't create topics often, so hopefully this is in the right section and all that jazz....did a search on 'walking papers' and it returned nothing.

Ratbrain

Ratbrain

You can't trUst freedom wHen it's not in Your hands

• GOLD
  • 2,895 posts
  • 14-January 10
red envelopes at 2mins in sounds alot like move to the city

bullshit and contemplation

Posted Image

gossips their trade

jekylhyde

jekylhyde

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • 07-August 05
I need listen to them a bit more, but I like what I'm hearing. When talking about old gunners' solo projects, nothing, IMO, can top Duff's Beautiful Disease and Loaded's the Taking. But Walking Papers are quite rocking.

My instrumental/alternative metal -project, Tohtori Caligari:

The LP: www.mikseri.net/varjojentalo/
The EP: www.mikseri.net/insomniakaaos/

EP for a short story I wrote (in Finnish, sorry): www.mikseri.net/danterperillis/

hudsonsaul

hudsonsaul

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • 11-September 05

I need listen to them a bit more, but I like what I'm hearing. When talking about old gunners' solo projects, nothing, IMO, can top Duff's Beautiful Disease and Loaded's the Taking. But Walking Papers are quite rocking.

I need to give Loaded a few more spins to let it settle in,...but I'm struggling to do this with it.

3/5 tracks on antiquiets site and I was pleased, so will look to purchase the album and give it some time (tbh this a big deal for me, as I've never felt much for ex-gunners music,..bar some of Izzys - and when the 1st snakepit cd came out).

ChineseDemocracy2004

ChineseDemocracy2004

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,860 posts
  • 17-August 04

nothing, IMO, can top Duff's Beautiful Disease and Loaded's the Taking. But Walking Papers are quite rocking.

I prefer Loaded's Sick to The Taking but having said that The Taking does have some great songs on it.

I saw Walking Papers in Manchester back in November last year and I had a great time.

They played their album in its entirety and I met them all afterwards.

Their singer Jeff grabbed my hand during one of their songs, crushing it.

I had my copy of their album before it went on general sale (I think) and their drummer Barrett noticed me waving it around when he was telling us to buy copies at the merchandise stand.

As I understand it they are already recording their next album.

Awkward since 1990.

Scumcat Esq.

Scumcat Esq.

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts
  • 05-January 06
As much as I'm stoked to see Duff playing bass again, most of the time I feel that he's able to come up with more complex and groovy bass lines on a par with Barrett Martin's drumming.

It's such a shame that Beautiful Disease never got to be released. I've spent a lot of time trying to find a decent quality digital copy on the Internet, but it seems that there're just 128 kbps or 256 kbps copies out there and the latter have some micro-gaps in the songs which really ruin the listening experience. :(

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 30,873 posts
  • 03-April 03
Really liking this band's sound...

“To the ones who are negative and want to see either myself or the new band fall on their faces, personally I can’t pass up an opportunity to upset so many of them in one quick swoop. I get misty-eyed just thinking about it."

auad

auad

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
  • 20-August 10
the record is ok. not much than it.

Crash Diet

Crash Diet

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 5,177 posts
  • 22-October 11
Wow, i'm really digging this

Great stuff, it's the best stuff I've heard Duff do since GnR days, yes i agree

Best post ever: Damn_Smooth about DJ Ashba

Damn_Smooth, on 20 Aug 2014 - 11:36 PM, said:

I'm butthurt that that jackass lives in a house like that. I don't have any talent either, why don't I have a mansion?

EvH

EvH

"Wanna get dancin'?"

• SILVER
  • 1,818 posts
  • 27-May 11
Gonna see them live here in France in May.

mygnrforum n°1 Queen Fan

wPt1QEz.jpg?1

alfa75

alfa75

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • 14-February 11

Also Have tix for the Paris May show, would be cool to meet Duff.

Really like the album and agree that Loaded is as good as any post GNR project (although I do think VR was the closest to what Guns would have sounded like had they continued).

One thing  The Taking has that CD does not is memorable choruses.

CharlieSheen

CharlieSheen

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • 07-September 12

Hopefully going to see them in Dublin in June, hoping to meet Duff

This would be my preferred line up of Guns N' Roses, after the original band broke up.

Axl Rose, Tommy Stinson, Dizzy Reed, Josh Freese, Richard Fortus, Robin Finck

Chinese Democracy's torturously protracted gestation and disappointing release feel uniquely insulting, as if Axl Rose decided in 1993 that he hated his fans and would spend the next decade-and-a-half making them miserable.

Kapitch_77

Kapitch_77

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,312 posts
  • 18-February 06

Nice interview with the guys. I'm really digging their album, good stuff. One of the best album with a former member imo.

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

CAFC Nick

CAFC Nick

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • 22-April 05
Walking papers are opening for AIC next month, can't wait!
20/06/2006 - Paris, France
27/08/2010 - Reading, UK
13/10/2010 - London, UK
14/10/2010 - London, UK
31/05/2012 - London, UK
01/06/2012 - London, UK
- caught Axl's mic!

Axl_morris

Axl_morris

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 7,044 posts
  • 03-February 05

Can't seem to find the abum, the remastered 2013 version online anywhere legal or illegal. Help anyone? 

Edited by Axl_morris, 11 October 2013 - 07:47 AM.

#cut4bumblefoot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users