Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Anyone bothered checking out the post-Bach era Skid Row albums?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Towelie

Towelie

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts
  • 01-February 10
They're doing a gig near where I live, but not sure if they're worth checking out since Bach left. I only have the first 3 SR albums and never bothered with the albums they did after he left.

Are they worth seeing live these days?
"If you cannot stand this fake world, if you cannot stand this fake world, take my hand if you cannot stand this fake world."

Bobbo

Bobbo

SUPER GOD

• SILVER
  • 3,547 posts
  • 16-March 11
Only a casual listener to Skid Row, but didn't they have a falling out with Bach over opening up for Kiss, only to play for Kiss years later without Bach? If that was really the reason they parted ways with Bach then...lmao.

31illusions

31illusions

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • 10-September 07

They're doing a gig near where I live, but not sure if they're worth checking out since Bach left. I only have the first 3 SR albums and never bothered with the albums they did after he left.

Same goes for me. I would go just for fun although I think there's only like 2 or 3 original members left.

Only a casual listener to Skid Row, but didn't they have a falling out with Bach over opening up for Kiss, only to play for Kiss years later without Bach? If that was really the reason they parted ways with Bach then...lmao.

That's when I last saw them, during the Kiss tour around 2001.

d_zps117357a7.jpg

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,958 posts
  • 09-March 08
the last 2 skid row albums suck pretty bad. thickskin is an album where skid row tried to sound like some type of modern rock band, reminds me of matchbox 20 or three doors down.

the last album revolution per minute is worse than thickskin(which is saying something) this time they went with some post grunge sounding stuff mixed with some punk. and believe it or not a country sounding song that is laughably bad, and weird at the same time

insomnium_zps2978907e.jpg

"We're nothing more than shadows

Glimmers of hope against the black sky"

The Real McCoy

The Real McCoy

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 5,704 posts
  • 14-February 11
Bran, Johnny Solinger was a country singer before joining Skid Row, hence the reason for that disaster.

"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go"

MyGNR'S Resident Country Music Fanatic

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,958 posts
  • 09-March 08

Bran, Johnny Solinger was a country singer before joining Skid Row, hence the reason for that disaster.

didnt know that, makes sense now :lol:

drtydane

drtydane

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,497 posts
  • 15-February 06
Is that like a chrome rim on their album cover lol?
"Life is all about Guns n' Roses. Bittersweet like friends n' foeses. Some get left behind, some get chosen. Just like life, Guns n' Roses..."
Jay-Z Feat. Lenny Kravitz

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,958 posts
  • 09-March 08

Is that like a chrome rim on their album cover lol?

i think so :lol:

i think it is better than the "thickskin" album cover

Posted Image

Edited by bran, 14 January 2013 - 12:33 AM.

drtydane

drtydane

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,497 posts
  • 15-February 06
Pretty awful. Both suck equally. Whose fucking idea was that?
"Life is all about Guns n' Roses. Bittersweet like friends n' foeses. Some get left behind, some get chosen. Just like life, Guns n' Roses..."
Jay-Z Feat. Lenny Kravitz

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,958 posts
  • 09-March 08
no clue :lol: it seems like after bach was out, the rest of the band just gave up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users