The Official Black Sabbath '13'/Tour Thread

bran

Fuck Post-Dio Dehumanizer Sabbath

fix

Fixed your fix.

I don't really view it as despicable. They're clearly focusing on the Ozzy era now that Dio is dead and the Ozzy lineup has reunited, so I wouldn't expect to see Dio on the front page or anything. Weird that the albums aren't even on the discography though. There should at least be a "Post-Ozzy" section. Completely ignoring the Dio albums on the band's "official" discography is interesting to say the least.

I also think the "classic lineup could not be bested" line is fair. H&H and Mob Rules were successful, but they never came close to the level of popularity and cultural/musical influence that the early Ozzy albums have.

Maybe, but it's not as if they're just excluding The Devil You Know because it's under a different name. They're excluding albums that have Black Sabbath's name on them. That's like Iron Maiden without Killers or Iron Maiden because many fans are diehard Dickinson fans. Or even Van Halen with Hagar-era albums or Van Halen III. I'm not a big fan of the non-Roth albums, but they're still a part of Van Halen's history.

I don't really care about popularity. A band is not a popularity contest. This isn't American Idol. Any album with the Black Sabbath name should be on that website. It's a huge black mark to not have them there. It's not hard to create different sections for different singers. Unfortunately, someone didn't brainstorm that idea and it leaves an extremely noticeable blemish on a large discography of good-to-great albums.

They can keep The X Factor and Virtual XI though, god-awful albums :tongue2:

hold on one damn minute! do not soil the good name of the X factor :max:

as for post dehumanizer sabbath cannot disagree. forbidden is by far the worst sabbath album. shaking off the chains is killer though and has one of iommi's best all time riffs.

i never understood the ice t talking/rapping thing on the illusion of power.

as for post dehumanizer sabbath cannot disagree. forbidden is by far the worst sabbath album. shaking off the chains is killer though and has one of iommi's best all time riffs.

Let me rephrase - TXF has redeeming qualities, it's just far too dark for my tastes most of the time. That said, Sign Of The Cross is one of my favorite Maiden songs. VXI is utter shit other than The Clansman :P

Dio is gay.

:max:

Let me rephrase - TXF has redeeming qualities, it's just far too dark for my tastes most of the time. That said, Sign Of The Cross is one of my favorite Maiden songs. VXI is utter shit other than The Clansman :P

Dio is gay.

i would 100% agree with virtual XI. the clansmen is the only good song

if i had to listen to the annoying repetitive chorus to the angel and the gambler one more time i would have snapped the cd in half :lol:

Dio is gay.

i would 100% agree with virtual XI. the clansmen is the only good song

if i had to listen to the annoying repetitive chorus to the angel and the gambler one more time i would have snapped the cd in half :lol:

Other than the chorus it's actually a pretty decent song, albeit not exactly "Maiden-esque". If the album version was about the length of the music video version, I'd like it. Hell, even the radio edit is too long at close to 7 minutes :tongue2:

• 3 weeks later...

First off they need to re-release The Devil You Know under Black Sabbath because that's what it is.

No Ozzy no Bill, change the name, would have made sense if the last fuckin 5 albums weren't Tony Iommi's Chinese Democracy. Reunite THEN change the name. Great fuckin idea.

Bill fucked himself. His choice. Stupid.

Still no Bill but since it's not Dio, we can be Black Sabbath now. wtf sense does that make?

What they're doing on their site is disgusting really, just disregarding half their discography and erasing Bill.

Dumbest thing since the name change to Heaven & Hell.

And all you fools who have the stupidity to think "Fuck all post Ozzy Sabbath!"

You are missing out on a lot of really great shit!

And then you get somebody even dumber than that go "No fuck all post Dio sabbath"

You are a retard. Tony Martin was the greatest thing to happen to that band really.

Anybody rejecting that music clearly has not even given it a chance to listen because why?

"Wahh Ozzy's the only good musician in the world and I'm still mad that Slash isn't in Guns N' Roses cause I'm a little bitch critic wannabe who can't appreciate good music"

That's you. That's what you sound like!

Who am I even talking to?

I dunno, but you know who you are! Douche!

And then you get somebody even dumber than that go "No fuck all post Dio sabbath"

You are a retard. Tony Martin was the greatest thing to happen to that band really.

Anybody rejecting that music clearly has not even given it a chance to listen because why?

"Wahh Ozzy's the only good musician in the world and I'm still mad that Slash isn't in Guns N' Roses cause I'm a little bitch critic wannabe who can't appreciate good music"

That's you. That's what you sound like!

Who am I even talking to?

I dunno, but you know who you are! Douche!

As the person you're quoting and calling out, I actually like a bit of the Tony Martin stuff, but don't kid yourself, it's nowhere near the level of early-Ozzy and the Heaven and Hell album. I don't give a fuck about Slash not being in GNR.

sharon tried to get bill off the last reunion.

She knows Bill can be a major pain in the ass, but they all love him.

Where did you hear Sharon trying to keep Bill off of the reunion tour? She prob. got into it with his agent or lawyer because they were trying to push a list of demands on her.

Sharon has and had nothing to do with Bill not being a part of this. She doesn't manage the Sabbath stuff.

not an official title, but when you manage 50% of the black sabbath brand, you have a say in sabbath workings, title or not.

I guess you could look at it that way, but she doesn't have the final say, especially when it comes to something like the Bill Ward situation.

think of the situation though, if sharon wanted bill out(which she tried to do the last reunion) if she says that at and ozzy reluctantly or willingly goes with it, what is tony and geezer going to do? ozzy owns 50% of the sabbath brand. something tony iommi kept going for over 20 years without ozzy is now out of his hands.

Tony and Geezer had plenty of say. If they didn't want to continue the reunion without Bill, they wouldn't have. Even if Sharon did have anything to do with it (which I will fully stand-by the claim that she doesn't), she can't make Tony and Geezer do anything, and in this case, it seems that the Bill situation didn't phase them that much since they're continuing with the album and tour, so to say it's out of his hands doesn't really count. He could have easily said "Alright, well, I'm out then if this is how it's gonna go."

Tony and Geezer had plenty of say. If they didn't want to continue the reunion without Bill, they wouldn't have. Even if Sharon did have anything to do with it (which I will fully stand-by the claim that she doesn't), she can't make Tony and Geezer do anything, and in this case, it seems that the Bill situation didn't phase them that much since they're continuing with the album and tour, so to say it's out of his hands doesn't really count. He could have easily said "Alright, well, I'm out then if this is how it's gonna go."

Hopefully if they do a tour, Bill will find his way back into Black Sabbath. Maybe a CD and a tour was too much and they should have made sure the paperwork was done before the announcement was made. I think everyone assumed it had been. Effing management.