The Official Black Sabbath '13'/Tour Thread

bran

2q3t9jb.png

2013 North America Tour Dates

Jul 25: Houston, TX (Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion)
Jul 27: Austin, TX (Frank Erwin Center)
Jul 29: Tampa, FL (Live Nation Amphitheatre)
Jul 31: W. Palm Beach, FL (Cruzan Amphitheatre)
Aug 2: Bristow, VA (Jiffy Lube Live)
Aug 4: Holmdel, NJ (PNC Bank Arts Center)
Aug 6: Detroit, MI (DTE Energy Music Theatre)
Aug 8: Uncasville, CT (Mohegan Sun Arena)
Aug 10: Philadelphia, PA (Wells Fargo Center)
Aug 12: Boston, MA (Comcast Center)
Aug 14: Toronto, ON (Air Canada Centre)
Aug 16: Tinley Park, IL (First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre)
Aug 18: Indianapolis, IN (Klipsch Music Center)
Aug 22: Vancouver, BC (Rogers Arena)
Aug 24: Seattle, WA (Gorge Amphitheatre)
Aug 26: San Francisco, CA (Shoreline Amphitheatre at Mountain View)
Aug 28: Irvine, CA (Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre)
Aug 30: Phoenix, AZ (U.S. Airways Center)
Sep 1: Las Vegas, NV (MGM Grand Garden Arena)
Sep 3: Los Angeles, CA (Los Angeles Sports Arena

black-sabbath-13-album-art-510.jpg

The album artwork and track listing for 13–the first new studio album in 35 years from the original BLACK SABBATH–have now been revealed. In classic SABBATH fashion, the CD, due out June 11, comes in at nearly sixty minutes in just eight songs.

For the recording of 13, BLACK SABBATH–OZZY OSBOURNE, TONY IOMMI and GEEZER BUTLER–were joined at the sessions by drummer Brad Wilk (Rage Against The Machine). Produced by Rick Rubin (seven-time Grammy winner, two of those as Producer of the Year), the album will be released on Vertigo (worldwide) and Vertigo/Republic in the U.S.

The 13 track listing is as follows:

1. End Of The Beginning (8:07)

3. Loner (5:06)
4. Zeitgeist (4:28)
5. Age Of Reason (7:02)
6. Live Forever (4:49)
7. Damaged Soul (7:43)
8. Dear Father (7:06)

9. Methademic (5:57) [Deluxe Edition]

10. Peace of Mind (3:40) [Deluxe Edition]

11. Pariah (5:34) [Deluxe Edition]

http://www.blabbermo...wsitemID=184790

so the album will be titled "13" and the drummer for the album is brad wilk from rage against the machine.

i have really mixed feelings about this album.

Fuck yeah man!!

brad wilk from rage against the machine.

This is cool. Some posters at the black sabbath forum find this earlier and now they're right!

definitely

plus its rick rubin produced and im worried about ozzy's vocals.

god, fuck rick rubin

he ruins everything he touches

yeah he does. in the 80's and early 90's he was great but since he has been bad. i guess alot of bands have non pleasant things to say about him of late. the songs he did with sabbath in the 90s were horrible.

definitely

plus its rick rubin produced and im worried about ozzy's vocals.

god, fuck rick rubin

he ruins everything he touches

yeah he does. in the 80's and early 90's he was great but since he has been bad. i guess alot of bands have non pleasant things to say about him of late. the songs he did with sabbath in the 90s were horrible.

I'm not sure what's more muddy and distorted, Rick Rubin's disgusting beard or the final versions of the music he produces.

Seriously, what the fuck was he thinking with the way he mastered "I'm With You" by the Chili Peppers? Fuck that guy a thousand times.

I'm not sure what's more muddy and distorted, Rick Rubin's disgusting beard or the final versions of the music he produces.

:lol:

Let me give you the f---ing truth of it," Taylor said, thinking back to the sessions for Slipknot's 2004 album 'Vol. 3 (The Subliminal Verses). "Rick Rubin showed up for 45 minutes a week. Yeah. Rick Rubin would then, during that 45 minutes, lay on a couch, have a mic brought in next to his face so he wouldn't have to f---ing move."

According to Taylor, Rubin wore sunglasses indoors and offered little in the way of sonic advice. What's more, he reportedly utilized the services of a hairless 7ft tall assistant and wolfed down platefuls of nasty-smelling food.

"I respect the work that he has done in the past to get to where he is now," Taylor added. "But ... this is a huge but ... this is a J.Lo-sized but ... I will say this: The Rick Rubin of today is a thin, thin, thin shadow of the Rick Rubin that he was."

Taylor's statements are consistent with what he told Revolver magazine back in 2008, when his bandmates had far fonder recollections of their Rubin experience.

"Rick Rubin is a nice man," Taylor told Revolver, according to Blabbermouth. "He's done a lot of good for a lot of people. He didn't do anything for me."

Edited by bran

Iommi and Butler are the only reasons to listen to this. Ozzy is as pointless as the triangle player in a high school band and studio magic will help his voice to make it tolerable. I just know Iommi's creating some amazing riffs. I'm excited to hear those.

Iommi and Butler are the only reasons to listen to this. Ozzy is as pointless as the triangle player in a high school band and studio magic will help his voice to make it tolerable. I just know Iommi's creating some amazing riffs. I'm excited to hear those.

definitely, i just dont see how they top "the devil you know" iommi/butler/dio were on fire with that album. i hope im proved wrong. i know butler/iommi will bring the goods no doubt. i really dont know about the drummer, im not a rage against the machine fan so i really dont know what to expect with him still wish ward was on the kit for the album

Edited by bran

It's a shame because Bill lives in the LA area, and all they had to do was work the details out. It was prob. Tony's manager's call on not giving Bill what he wanted.

We'll see what happens with the new album. It'll be good if they're going for a throwback sound from the first 4 albums. It's still Geezer's words, Ozzy's vocals, and Tony's riffs. Curious to find out if they went with any unfinished "Heaven and Hell" era songs that Ronnie never got the chance to record.

As far as producers go, there's very very few that produced consistent work over a long period of time, there's a period of time when they're hot, then they're done.

Wilk is now a hack. BRING BACK WARD!

i dont know rage against the machine is he really that bad?

Nope, JD just mad because of Bill (which is a thing that i understand) but RATM is a fucking great band and Brad is a good drummer, imo (better than Clufetos)

oh and the Ozzy thing. i don't really afraid, it's amazing what we can do with computers these days :trollface:

Seriously, i'm 100% sure this album would be a fucking great record!

Edited by Crash Diet

This is cool. Some posters at the black sabbath forum find this earlier and now they're right!

Sorry man, but your signature is really annoying. So many quotes just look like it's part of the thread, but it isn't.

Edited by username

I wish in 1995, there would've been a Black Sabbath 25th where they had Tony Martin, Dio and Ozzy do Black Sabbath songs as well as Ozzy and Ronnie do solo sets. It prob. would've been a 6 hour concert but a cool thanks for the support to the fans. It would've made up for that catastrophe they put out that year.