The Official Black Sabbath '13'/Tour Thread

bran

Bring back Bill.

at the very least vinny.

looking at the history of sabbath drummers i dont know who else they could have got to play besides vinny. eric singer maybe, bobby rondinelli is in over the rainbow, cozy is dead and i dont know what bev bevan is doing :lol:

it should be bill on the drums, this just sucks all the way around.

Bring back Bill.

at the very least vinny.

looking at the history of sabbath drummers i dont know who else they could have got to play besides vinny. eric singer maybe, bobby rondinelli is in over the rainbow, cozy is dead and i dont know what bev bevan is doing :lol:

Eric Singer is too busy sucking Gene Simmons' dick :book:

Bring back Bill.

at the very least vinny.

Eric Singer is too busy sucking Gene Simmons' dick :book:

I'd rather that than have Sabbath call up Peter Criss...

Bring back Bill.

at the very least vinny.

Indeed.

I was really disappointed when Black Sabbath erased Bill Ward from all the pictures on their website. I mean, what was that? Pretty low.

Bring back Bill.

at the very least vinny.

Indeed.

I was really disappointed when Black Sabbath erased Bill Ward from all the pictures on their website. I mean, what was that? Pretty low.

they are trying to erase anything post ozzy sabbath as well it is really sad.

Bring back Bill.

at the very least vinny.

Indeed.

they are trying to erase anything post ozzy sabbath as well it is really sad.

I've seen no evidence of that claim, let alone even heard it before, and as for the other pictures, Bill requested it be like that for the website so there was no confusion of him being involved in the reunion.

trust me im not the only one to make the claim

have you been to the offical black sabbath website? the one when you click on discography doesnt show an album past never say die? http://www.blacksabbath.com/discography.html

or in the "history of the band" segment they pull out such bullshit statements like this

"Several of Black Sabbath’s post-Osbourne albums - especially Heaven and Hell (1980),Mob Rules (1981) and Headless Cross (1989) - are highly regarded by hardcore fans. But when all was said and done, the classic lineup could not be bested."

that statement is blatantly false. heaven and hell is the third biggest selling sabbath album of all time. it is the only sabbath album to be certified gold in the UK. heaven and hell was the third sabbath album to be certified silver in the UK and mob rules was the 4th.

not to mention the surge in popularity of albums like born again, headless cross ant tyr.

also the whole suing tony for 50% of the sabbath name which basically killed any chance of anything black sabbath ever happening without ozzy. having the dio/iommi/butler/appice lineup be forced to use the band name heaven and hell name instead of black sabbath was bullshit as well.

That's a disgrace. No Heaven and Hell, Mob Rules, Born Again, Headless Cross, Cross Purposes, etc.?! Those are some of my favourite Sabbath albums and they don't even exist on the website. That's ridiculous. That's actually beyond ridiculous. Funny how this shit happens after Ozzy gets back in the picture. The guy is a black hole, and a pretty lame one at that. Can't wait to hear him wheezing on the new album. I pray Iommi drowns him out with riffs. I really do.

I don't really view it as despicable. They're clearly focusing on the Ozzy era now that Dio is dead and the Ozzy lineup has reunited, so I wouldn't expect to see Dio on the front page or anything. Weird that the albums aren't even on the discography though. There should at least be a "Post-Ozzy" section. Completely ignoring the Dio albums on the band's "official" discography is interesting to say the least.

I also think the "classic lineup could not be bested" line is fair. H&H and Mob Rules were successful, but they never came close to the level of popularity and cultural/musical influence that the early Ozzy albums have.

Edited by bacardimayne

trust me im not the only one to make the claim

have you been to the offical black sabbath website? the one when you click on discography doesnt show an album past never say die? http://www.blacksabb...iscography.html

or in the "history of the band" segment they pull out such bullshit statements like this

"Several of Black Sabbath’s post-Osbourne albums - especially Heaven and Hell (1980),Mob Rules (1981) and Headless Cross (1989) - are highly regarded by hardcore fans. But when all was said and done, the classic lineup could not be bested."

that statement is blatantly false. heaven and hell is the third biggest selling sabbath album of all time. it is the only sabbath album to be certified gold in the UK. heaven and hell was the third sabbath album to be certified silver in the UK and mob rules was the 4th.

not to mention the surge in popularity of albums like born again, headless cross ant tyr.

also the whole suing tony for 50% of the sabbath name which basically killed any chance of anything black sabbath ever happening without ozzy. having the dio/iommi/butler/appice lineup be forced to use the band name heaven and hell name instead of black sabbath was bullshit as well.

Clearly someone who knows little of Sabbath wrote that. Most diehard fans even think Headless Cross is shit :lol: Personally, it's one of my favorites.

That's a disgrace. No Heaven and Hell, Mob Rules, Born Again, Headless Cross, Cross Purposes, etc.?! Those are some of my favourite Sabbath albums and they don't even exist on the website. That's ridiculous. That's actually beyond ridiculous. Funny how this shit happens after Ozzy gets back in the picture. The guy is a black hole, and a pretty lame one at that. Can't wait to hear him wheezing on the new album. I pray Iommi drowns him out with riffs. I really do.

yeah it is, it is a disgrace to the whole history of sabbath.

I don't really view it as despicable. They're clearly focusing on the Ozzy era now that Dio is dead and the Ozzy lineup has reunited, so I wouldn't expect to see Dio on the front page or anything. Weird that the albums aren't even on the discography though. There should at least be a "Post-Ozzy" section. Completely ignoring the Dio albums on the band's "official" discography is interesting to say the least.

I also think the "classic lineup could not be bested" line is fair. H&H and Mob Rules were successful, but they never came close to the level of popularity and cultural/musical influence that the early Ozzy albums have.

i agree if they had a section for the other albums that would be fine, but they make it sound like it doesnt exist at all. as for cultural impact, alot of bands in the 1980s named the heaven and hell album as a huge influence on them.

another thing that was weird was on the ozzy boneyard station when waiting for the gnr concert to start they played black sabbaths tv crimes from the dehumanizer album but they wouldnt even show the album artwork or the name of the band or anything on the site.

i agree if they had a section for the other albums that would be fine, but they make it sound like it doesnt exist at all. as for cultural impact, alot of bands in the 1980s named the heaven and hell album as a huge influence on them.

another thing that was weird was on the ozzy boneyard station when waiting for the gnr concert to start they played black sabbaths tv crimes from the dehumanizer album but they wouldnt even show the album artwork or the name of the band or anything on the site.

Good point on H&H - it's a hugely influential album as it really set the stage for NWOBHM. Sure, some of the bands already existed, but in 1980 they all had their own sound, which would shortly refine to that Dio-era Sabbath sound.

I fault Tony and his manager more than Sharon and Ozzy. Tony Martin was upset that Iommi minimized his contribution in the "Iron Man" book. I'm just glad Geezer, Ozzy, and Tony are working on new songs together and hopefully turn out good.

Iommi seems to care about what he did in the 80s, because he did the Deluxe Editions. I just think it's a promotion thing going on to get people more excited about "first in 35 years" and forget "first in 17 years".

If Dio hadn't passed, I don't know if we'd be seeing this happening apart from one or two songs in the studio.

Black Sabbath was in a decline with Ozzy. Van Halen destroyed them. The next time you'd see an opening act that fucking good was our boys.

Maybe, but it's not as if they're just excluding The Devil You Know because it's under a different name. They're excluding albums that have Black Sabbath's name on them. That's like Iron Maiden without Killers or Iron Maiden because many fans are diehard Dickinson fans. Or even Van Halen with Hagar-era albums or Van Halen III. I'm not a big fan of the non-Roth albums, but they're still a part of Van Halen's history.

I don't really care about popularity. A band is not a popularity contest. This isn't American Idol. Any album with the Black Sabbath name should be on that website. It's a huge black mark to not have them there. It's not hard to create different sections for different singers. Unfortunately, someone didn't brainstorm that idea and it leaves an extremely noticeable blemish on a large discography of good-to-great albums.

I fault Tony and his manager more than Sharon and Ozzy. Tony Martin was upset that Iommi minimized his contribution in the "Iron Man" book. I'm just glad Geezer, Ozzy, and Tony are working on new songs together and hopefully turn out good.

Iommi seems to care about what he did in the 80s, because he did the Deluxe Editions. I just think it's a promotion thing going on to get people more excited about "first in 35 years" and forget "first in 17 years".

If Dio hadn't passed, I don't know if we'd be seeing this happening apart from one or two songs in the studio.

Black Sabbath was in a decline with Ozzy. Van Halen destroyed them. The next time you'd see an opening act that fucking good was our boys.

Maybe it's not purely Ozzy's fault. I don't really know all of the behind the scenes stuff. But it shouldn't be an issue either way. Black Sabbath made albums with that name for a long time after Ozzy was gone. No matter who's at fault, it's pretty disrespectful.

Good point on H&H - it's a hugely influential album as it really set the stage for NWOBHM. Sure, some of the bands already existed, but in 1980 they all had their own sound, which would shortly refine to that Dio-era Sabbath sound.

That's on Sirius/XM. From what I've heard on Howard Stern, their music library isn't the best, Fred will pull up live versions of songs and Howard goes off on a rant about it.

after the ozzy lawsuit, tony was fucked when it came anything to do with sabbath. the only exception was with dio, when the devil you know was released it was critically acclaimed and hit the top 10 in the US billboard charts. so the demand was there. if dio had not passed away i think we would have had another black sabbath errrrr heaven and hell album and tour.

i agree with iommi, tony martin is a guy that should get more praise for his time in sabbath, the guy was great and his albums(outside of forbidden) were great albums. the problem was in the US the albums were not promoted at all, and they are not even in print right now. i think though his contribution to sabbath is being more and more known as more fans dig deeper into the bands discography.

it happend with born again. 10 years or so ago if you went on a forum and said you loved born again you would get shit on, but now if you go to a lot of sabbath fans(outside of the ozzy only nutters) they put that album in their top 10. i put it usually in my top 5

This is the first I've heard that Rick Rubin is involved in this.

I'm surprised he's still allowed to work after Death Magnetic.

welcome back broski.

and yeah problem is he is working on the next metallica album as well :nervous: :nervous: